Author Topic: Quest For Gory 4.5 inspired this?  (Read 81258 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Quest For Gory 4.5 inspired this?
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2013, 01:21:42 AM »
I think the parody and satire went right over their heads.

That response from Orion is from 2003, too.  Heh.  That's a decade ago.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2013, 01:24:54 AM »
Btw, what are "F*** Quest" and "Orgy Quest?"

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2013, 01:25:38 AM »
wonder what happened to Orion after that.

also I wonder how they can tell people not to mention the game without mentioning the game.  Do they refer to it as the game that shall not be named?
When you're a farrier you need to know these things

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2013, 01:28:32 AM »
The unholy game receives power when its name is mentioned!  Never must it be spoken allowed!  Only the chosen one is permitted to speak its name!

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2013, 01:32:57 AM »
Quest for Orgy was another QFG type parody, if I remember, but a fella named Lucasfan.  Dunno if it was ever released, or if he just made a few joking screenshots.  (I'm pretty sure it was released, and taken down after a C&D.  Damned if I can find it anywhere.)

Fuck Quest was an original AGI Sierra style game by Rich Eter, who worked on SQ2 with us.  It's out there, it's fun and vulgar if you can find it.

Bt

"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2013, 01:37:43 AM »
some of these games look like they make Leisure Suit Larry seem classy.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2013, 01:39:58 AM »

Hahah, yeah.  You could say that.

Bt

Blake00

• Lackey
  • Liked: 35
    • https://www.youtube.com/c/BlakesSanctum
    • View Profile
    • Blake's Sanctum
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2013, 03:25:23 AM »
wonder what happened to Orion after that.

haha I forgot Orion said that. He's still Elsa's main admin there. Good bloke actually and oddly enough he told me last year that these days he doesn't actually mind QFG4.5 but doesn't want to admit it publicly in fear of pissing off Elsa lol. He fought pretty hard behind the scenes to keep that one QFG4.5 thread allowed for a few more years but Elsa had had enough as sadly thanks to me it was probably the most active thread in the QFMG off topic area hahaha.

I'm pretty sure I've got a link to a Quest for Orgy demo on my site, I think there may be another demo out there but I could never find it. Fuck Quest other than the 'Quest' name has nothing to do with QFG so its not on my site & I can't help you there sorry.

Blake's Sanctum - Quest For Glory Series:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2013, 06:33:15 AM »
WHY DID THEY COLOR THE LOG THAT WAY?!  YOU'RE ONLY SUPPOSED TO DO THAT FOR OBJECTS YOU CAN INTERACT WITH!

Funny thing, in the QFG1 code, the log is an object, it's not drawn on the background at all. Makes you wonder if it's there for an unused plot point, or more than likely just there as a point of reference for the player.

1. What was all the controversy about when this game came out?
That is was badly made mostly. Although some self righteous defenders of all things QFG decided that it was an abomination to all that is holy.

2. What was the "racist humor" that got edited out of the initial release?  I assume it was something about that one black pirate. (I remember finding it very odd that the game didn't make a joke about his ethnicity given the rest of the humor)

There were a few references to the black guy as a "N" word. It wasn't funny at all, just mean spirited.[/quote]

3. What's the deal with that one QFG website that still has a vendetta against this game?  Sounds like a bunch of French, queer fencer guys to me.
The admin over there has a major stick up her ass about the game, like it invalidates all things QFG because it exists. I personally don't get the attitude, if you don't like it that's fine, but it doesn't make everything else bad. Same thing I have with remakes of old games, just because it exists and you might not like it doesn't mean the old game ceases to exist. It's a stupid narrow minded point of view.[/quote]

4. What content will be restored in the final version?
There's a restored final version? Who's doing that? Why aren't I playing it now? Are they stupid working through that total rubbish code?

5. Does the camouflage cape do anything?
According to notes in the source it is supposed to make you invisible to enemies while wandering around the forest. It doesn't work.

6. Is it possible to level up stats through combat?  Fighting didn't seem to do too much in this game.
From memory, it's not even connected to the stats.

7. Are all the NPCs complete idiots when it comes to Leprechaun's Gold?
Yes.

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2013, 07:05:08 AM »

Hahah, yeah.  You could say that.
Bt
I also bet its the first time that series has been described that way.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2013, 11:49:30 AM »
I wonder if Elsa and Jennifer from the Telltale forums are the same person...
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2013, 12:25:26 PM »
No, Elsa's from Cyprus (The Island in the Meditereanean) and Jennifer's from somewhere else.

Still, there's some people who do not understand parody and satire.  These are the idiots who would ban books by Voltaire, Chaucer, Swift, Vonnegut, Twain, Orwell, and Vonnegut because they're too dumb and insipid to understand the content. 

I have no time or patience for feebs like that.

Bt

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2013, 01:31:41 PM »
"Funny thing, in the QFG1 code, the log is an object, it's not drawn on the background at all. Makes you wonder if it's there for an unused plot point, or more than likely just there as a point of reference for the player."

Ah.

Both EGA and VGA offer descriptions that there's nothing more to do with the log when you look at it.  Most likely, it was originally part of a quest (somebody probably hid something there or you had to hide something there for someone) that wound up on the cutting room floor.  Either they were too lazy to remove the log, or just liked having it where it was to differentiate environments.

The end result, though, was because of it's unique appearance a whole generation of players spent an eternity with the log- tortured, unable to accomplish anything.

Thakfully QFG 4.5 came to their rescue and gave the log SOME purpose at long last, easing many traumatized and confused childhood memories!

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2013, 02:49:40 PM »
PushingUpRoses did a full playthrough of F*** Quest with Oancitizen some time ago, and I think they abandoned the playthrough of the sequel halfway through - not necessarily due to disgust with the content, but I can't imagine it provided much motivation.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2013, 03:24:41 PM »
I didn't realize Rich ever finished the sequel.  I'll have to track that down.  haha
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.