Author Topic: Quest For Gory 4.5 inspired this?  (Read 81382 times)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Quest For Gory 4.5 inspired this?
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2013, 03:51:10 PM »
Have you not listened to us?  We told you the game was shite.

Bt

Are you kidding?

THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

I love the politically incorrect humor and references to old Sierra games!

My favorite part is when the evil monk's portrait has the same swampy mist background as in Robin Hood, even though he's in a catacomb!  This game kicks ass!

This response bodes well for how much you'll like QFI.  You are clearly VERY easily impressed.  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
  • Liked: 16
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2013, 03:52:06 PM »
if you say so to each his own.
id take QFI over qfg41/2 any day
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2013, 06:35:21 PM »
A few questions....

1. Am I ONLY allowed to walk like an idiot in this game?!

2. What bugs should I be concerned with while I play it?

1. Yes. You can only walk. The sneak and run animations aren't even in the game (I've got the source, and it's shite.)

2. The Stat screen may crash your game. Don't worry too much about that though, because the fucking thing doesn't mean anything anyway. None of the stats are actually connected to anything! The poker game is broken and will cause you to crash. I think they're the major ones.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2013, 07:11:22 PM »
so its bugged just like a real game only more so.
When you're a farrier you need to know these things

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2013, 08:03:57 PM »
THIS GAME WAS AWESOME!  I loved the references to other games (KQ 4-6?), Robin Hood, Space Quest 2?, LSL1, PQ4 and Monkey Island.

And I can't say how AWESOME it was to FINALLY BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING WITH THAT FUCKING LOG!!!

WHY DID THEY COLOR THE LOG THAT WAY?!  YOU'RE ONLY SUPPOSED TO DO THAT FOR OBJECTS YOU CAN INTERACT WITH!

Lol.  The puzzles were fun too, as was the dirty humor.

This game was awesome as hell!  Anyone who didn't like this game is either a big baby or someone who hasn't played enough Sierra games.

I give it 10/10!

Question-

1. What was all the controversy about when this game came out?

2. What was the "racist humor" that got edited out of the initial release?  I assume it was something about that one black pirate. (I remember finding it very odd that the game didn't make a joke about his ethnicity given the rest of the humor)

3. What's the deal with that one QFG website that still has a vendetta against this game?  Sounds like a bunch of French, queer fencer guys to me.

4. What content will be restored in the final version?

5. Does the camouflage cape do anything?

6. Is it possible to level up stats through combat?  Fighting didn't seem to do too much in this game.

7. Are all the NPCs complete idiots when it comes to Leprechaun's Gold?

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2013, 08:49:31 PM »

This game was awesome as hell!  Anyone who didn't like this game is either a big baby or someone who hasn't played enough Sierra games.

Way to insult all the people in this thread who already said the game sucks :p
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2013, 09:06:06 PM »
really its no worse than most of the stuff on tv these days.
When you're a farrier you need to know these things

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2013, 11:12:27 PM »
Heh, I liked the game - it's just not put together very well.  It is funny, though.  Don't remember what got edited out.

As for the Quest For More Glory forums, the owner of that site has a real hate boner for it.  I dunno.  It's been like 11-12 years since it came out - it's just parody.  Not meant to be taken seriously; dunno why she hates it so.  Her prerogative, though.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2013, 11:59:17 PM »
But to be perfectly honest, I'm still completely confused!  I barely know how to use dosbox as it is...

In simple dumb guy terms that even Forest Gump could understand, how exactly do I get this game to work in dosbox or wherever?
You can't. It is so poorly scripted and the old AGS DOS engine was pretty quirky. It won't even start if you do not have CWSDPMI in the folder. With it, the game crashes while initializing. Just download the Windows version. Be warned, it is not a very good game. Earlier versions were full of bad racist jokes and questionable, not very funny humor.

What jokes?  I feel like I missed out with the censored version.

Jesus.  They've got mini-games with dancing naked chicks and a pseudo-rape "love" spell but, a few racist jokes are the pinnacle of offensive content in the game?

Blake00

• Lackey
  • Liked: 35
    • https://www.youtube.com/c/BlakesSanctum
    • View Profile
    • Blake's Sanctum
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2013, 12:08:17 AM »
I've dropped by here a few times in the last 2 weeks but somehow missed this thread lol.

Oh dear.. when a fan is struggling to create a shortcut and change its command line in the properties window its probably not best to tell them to mess with dosbox and config files instead lol! But oh well after 4 pages I see we got there in the end haha.

People really shouldn't be comparing this fan game to the real series. Nothing beats the real series. But judged as a fan game QFG4.5 it is one of best because until 2008 (when AGDI released QFG2 Remake) QFG4.5 was the only major kinda finished QFG fan project with rpg and combat elements out there. Yes they were all half broken, things were stolen (some of the music is actually original btw the composer posted over at Curlys a year or so ago much to my surprise) and the game was full of rude stuff but they still did more than anyone else ever did in those days.

I don't even really wanna talk about the QFMG situation. I nearly got banned twice for simply trying to do something that helped the community which was pretty upsetting, but its an important forum that does a lot for the QFG community so I bit the bullet and moved on with other topics there.

And wow that was quick, I only updated the page a week ago lol! I don't know who is working on the new version, I've got a lot of emails over the years from big QFG4.5 fans wanting the source code and I usually just send them in the direction of either IA or AGDI as they both have a copy of the source code so I assume this latest person is one of those fans with a copy. They claim to have done more than anyone else and I've sent as many helpful suggestions to them as I could think of, but for all I know it may never get finished or it was all a hoax so nobody should be holding off waiting for it when it may never happen. Just play the current one with my walkthrough and you'll fine.. ish. :P Don't worry, if something does happen with a new version I'll let the community know. :)

Blake's Sanctum - Quest For Glory Series:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2013, 12:34:57 AM »
I played it and liked it a lot.  I just realized that the evil guards in the game are all from Robin Hood, lol.

I assume the camouflage cape enabled you to avoid enemy encounters- though not like that matters in this game.

Thanks for the post.

It was fun as a joke but, I was hoping to do some serious rpg stat-raising and fighting in this game.  Not much of that, and usually it's treated like a joke.

Btw, who made this game and is he still around?  I'd love to do a mini-interview topic with him at some point if at all possible.

If there's one thing I have to say about QFI based on this, I hope QFI gives people a lot of chances for combat, earning gold, buying stuff and lots of other fun stat-raising stuff.  The demo was mostly just talking and a few puzzles, but all that other stuff combined was what helped make QFG.

This game was hilariously awesome, offensive and stupid but, the lack of a real combat/stat-grinding/adventurer aspect keeps it from being a true QFG game.  Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but I missed being able to build up my character.

HAHAHA!  Never noticed that about the west wall near Yaga's, I guess the designer did.

Blake00

• Lackey
    • View Profile
    • Blake's Sanctum
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2013, 12:50:21 AM »
Opps sorry I forgot about your questions!

1. What was all the controversy about when this game came out?
That was all mainly over the stolen content from various sierra games, along with the adult content in the game (rude jokes and sex with hookers and horse ends etc lol)

2. What was the "racist humor" that got edited out of the initial release?  I assume it was something about that one black pirate. (I remember finding it very odd that the game didn't make a joke about his ethnicity given the rest of the humor)
I don't know what got taken out of the original release, I never got to see it. There's still a few gay and race jokes, I don't really remember anything specific and don't really want to lol.

3. What's the deal with that one QFG website that still has a vendetta against this game?  Sounds like a bunch of French, queer fencer guys to me.
Already answered that in last post.

4. What content will be restored in the final version?
I've been told pretty much all the bugs I listed in my walkthrough are now fixed. Hopefully some of the stuff in my 'Unsolved Mysteries' section will be looked at next but not sure.

5. Does the camouflage cape do anything?
Your guess is correct, it was meant to help you avoid monsters but it doesn't work unfortunately.

6. Is it possible to level up stats through combat?  Fighting didn't seem to do too much in this game.
Yes but its dreadfully slow, buggy and bad. Fighters have the best chance. Thief & Mages can fight 50 bloody battles and still have no stat increases grrr.

7. Are all the NPCs complete idiots when it comes to Leprechaun's Gold?
Yes lol. Well except for the magic shop lady I think. Might even get a funny line if you try on her.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2013, 12:56:10 AM »
http://www.questformoreglory.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=357

"Alrighty - here's a warning from me - don't read this if you don't like 'reality' and harsh words... then again - if you've downloaded the game AND LIKED IT - this won't even phase you...

-------

The game is a piece of excretory substance... It took and bastardized the Quest for Glory name, made the Hero a perverted psychopath, ripped off Sierra for all they're worth by stealing backgrounds from both QFG1 and KQ5 - and probably others...

I don't hold this game in high regard at all... The makers should be shot *looks for PL* It's an insult to all the fans of QFG. This game can't even be considered a 'fangame' - since the people who made it evidently aren't fans of the game, or else they wouldn't have butchered the game like they did! I'm ashamed that I even downloaded it myself "

This just gives the game more of a badass rebel image as far as I'm concerned.  8)

According to the qfg wiki, this is one of only 2 topics at that board where talking about the game is allowed.

Blake00

• Lackey
    • View Profile
    • Blake's Sanctum
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2013, 01:08:28 AM »
Yeah I found the accusation that the makers of the game weren't QFG fans small minded and biased. I mean you don't sit there for a few years making a QFG game if you're not a bloody fan lol. And only a big QFG1 fan would think to make the graveyard catacombs and log accessible cause lets face it we all tried to get in them in the original QFG1 game back in the day haha.

The part you read at the wiki is old. It is no longer allowed to be discussed ANYWHERE there.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2013, 01:11:30 AM »
" Alright, for the last time. And I do mean, for the last time... *smiles sweetly*

This topic will be closed.

And if anybody...and I really do mean ANYBODY, decides to post, even the slightest comment about QFG 4.5.

They will be banned from the QFMG forums."

Jesus, what a bitch.  I wish the creator of this game could cast a Love spell on her, amirite?  Lol.