Author Topic: Other Kickstarter Projects  (Read 61378 times)

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
Re: Other Kickstarter Projects
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 11:38:21 AM »
In defense of the Sierra veterans, they were developers, not business men then. That was Ken's job. Perhaps not a real excuse, but does, at least in part, puts it in perspective.

Lupin

• Lackey
  • Liked: 1
  • Magic Knight and Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »
I have yet another Dungeon Keeper type game that I want to promote because this one hasn't made it's target yet at the time of the post, with 8 days to go.

War for the Overworld by Subterranean Games
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/subterraneangames/war-for-the-overworld

It is essentially going to be Dungeon Keeper 3 using many of the same elements of the series, and it looks really good. The demo is pre Alpha but most of the basic functions are already working.

So as this is one of the slowly becoming rare Kickstarters that actually belongs on Kickstarter, can you guys give it a look please? I am slightly worried this might not make it's target

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 04:29:21 AM »
They just made it, Lupin.  You can relax now  8)
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »
I've already started seeing a bunch of regulars over there (including BT himself), but Ken Allen's music project Under the Half Dome is now live (and 25% funded in only a few hours, too).  If you haven't already done so, check it out here.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Lupin

• Lackey
  • Liked: 1
  • Magic Knight and Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 09:29:16 AM »
You have to check this one out, if only for the Kickstarter video itself.

Cryamore!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/robaato/cryamore-a-true-first-class-take-on-the-action-rpg

Seriously, this has one of the best Kickstarter videos I have seen in a long time. I would love to explain just what makes it awesome, but it is better if you just see if for yourself

s_d

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 05:16:41 AM »
And for those of strong intestinal fortitude, here comes Asylum, by Agustín Cordes and his team at Senscape.  I'm pretty sure this is one of those games that I'll buy, start, and be too terrified to actually finish (Amnesia holds that distinction, currently).
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
Yeah - Agustin Cordes is the director on that one, and he's a really good guy.  He's been a supporter of almost every big adventure game kickstarter, including ours, and he's just a nice dude who really likes adventure games.  Supporting Asylum is definitely not just support for the game, but the community at large.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 03:11:51 PM »

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »
Sigh.  What we'd do with a budget like that.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 04:04:44 PM »
hahah true, although I never played the second one TLJ must have truly been one of the longest adventure games ever produced. If they are building a similar size game then I can see how they will eat through the budget.
Despite not really being the type of story I enjoy I think TLJ is the best adventure I have seen in the last 10 years

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 04:30:32 PM »
Yeah, the longest Journey is a great game.  I hope this one lives up to it.  They could easily eat through a budget like that.

Bt

s_d

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 05:36:40 PM »
So, my other half (The Lurker) was reading RPS's coverage of Dreamfall Chapters, the other day and learned some interesting tidbits.  It turns out that Dreamfall was built in half the budget of TLJ.  Further, that Chapters' Kickstarter target + personal investment + Government grant + some (other?) additional monies, will add up to half the budget of Dreamfall.

All said and done, hovering around a million dollars surely, they must build a modern adventure game as good as, or better, than TLJ with one-fourth the budget.  :o

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 06:12:38 PM »
a modern adventure game

I have to wonder--what does that even mean??
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

s_d

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 06:52:26 PM »
sigh

Good point.

Opposite of retro?  Fully 3D?

It's like asking what "triple A game" means.

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »
a modern adventure game

I have to wonder--what does that even mean??
I would say at least with very high resolution graphics. In the case of Chapters, probably 3-D.