Author Topic: You know what really ticks me off?  (Read 46581 times)

Baggins

• Villain
  • Liked: 29
    • View Profile
Re: You know what really ticks me off?
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2014, 08:21:15 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-Console-8GB-Basic-U/dp/B0050SVHZO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1419210687&sr=8-7&keywords=wii-u

Wii basic (white standard model) is also advertised with Wii backwards compatibility for wii games and wii accessories.

What you don't get however is the sensor bar (that comes with the Deluxe) that is needed for the Wii mote/plus compatibility. That's one way they were able keep the cost down in that model along with the lower internal memory.

Also I'm not sure but Wii Channel backwards compatibility might come with the mandatory system update that you are forced to install the moment you setup the new console. Rather than being 'built in directly'. All I know is that it took a long time to install the system update when I got mine a few months ago.

BTW, I'm not claiming they won't cut out Wii support, it just hasn't happened in any current released models as of yet. The various packs that are still out there still have the support. Including the basic models, and the no game deluxe version, as well as the current bundle sets.

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2014, 08:27:18 PM »
BTW mine was not a 'rare edition' There was no special edition aspect to it. It's actually the standard bundle release now (started earlier this year). They replaced the standard Nintendo Land pack in with New Super Mario Bros instead. So its basically the standard 'deluxe' model. There is also a basic model white version that comes with New Super Mario Bros, that's one of the non-special editions. It just replaced Mario for the older Nintendo Land pack in. It's also Wii U compatible, but you have to buy the sensor bar to use the Wii Mote compatibility.

The current "special editions" are the Mario Kart 8 with the Wii Mote/Racing Wheel, and the upcoming Smash Brothers that comes with the Gamecube Controller add on. There is also the Skylanders edition, which is the basic model white, IIRC but also a special edition version.

What they do in 2015 I have no idea... It's possible that those models will remove the Wii U support. Although the full details haven't been announced yet, or the release dates.

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2014, 08:31:09 PM »
When it happens it will probably be in the Wii-U redesign. If past patterns are followed. The system that doesn't look like its earlier version, and is often 'smaller' and 'sleeker'.

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2014, 08:34:10 PM »
http://attackofthefanboy.com/articles/wii-u-gift-guide-2014/

It looks like ther newest standard models are coming out with Super Mario Bros 3D World (replacing the previous New Super Mario Bros Wii-U). It's also still the backwards compatible model.

urmm again, wii u's already are cutting out the wii games,
periodo,
, mine has the 4 ports on top and a n64 pack bundle thing that plugs into it, so you can play n64 games by pluggin in another part to it, its quite awesome. or was,  lol wii stopped working and i stopped making the special screwdrivers out of bic pens and lighters (its how i fix all nintendo products !) cheaper than the tools :)

I think you are mixing up the old Wii with the Wii-U... The Wii-U only has 2 USB slots (on the front), the plug for the sensor bar in the back. It never had four ports on 'top'. The four ports on top is indication of the Gamecube backwards compatibility on the earliest Wii models. Wii-U was never designed for Gamecube compatibility except in potential Virtual Console downloads.

Almost everything in Wii-U including its Wii-U games (not counting the old Wii-U compatiblity) are designed to utilize the old Wii Motes Pluses, the wii classic controllers, the exercise pad or the new generation of classic controllers, or that new touch pad controller. However, not all Wii-U branded peripherals are compatible with the Wii Channel (the emulator) itself. But Wii-U only uses the Bluetooth wireless stuff (designed for Wii and Wii-U), and a few USB peripherals.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2014, 09:12:54 PM »
Yes, and no.

If you have first generation you can play most PS1 games IIRC? From the original disks.

Quote from: Kaldire
klytos you are mixing up the ps2 emulator for the ps1

as far as i know all ps3's play ps1 games, just not ps2 games, dare ya to stick a ps2 game in

I know it's not PS2 compatible, I'm saying the PS3 will play PS1 games. I can simply put a PS1 disc in my PS3 and it works.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2014, 09:28:58 PM »
It's software compatibility (the same tech being used with the PSP and VIta emulators, or similar)? For the purpose of being able to also sell the games digitally, as they now do on PSN? But it also works with the disk drive too? Cool.

I understand there is no reason why they can't do software with PS2 either. Apparently they did have a software emulation in one of the PS3 models for a short time. Guess they are hoping to allow companies to sell PS2 games separately digitally and make more money that way... But I'm sure people would be willing to buy PS2 emulator as an add on if given the option...

Then again there are people who really don't care about backwards and only want to go forward. They are the lowest common denominator, and make the most money for Sony.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2014, 09:34:46 PM »
In defense of those people, why play GTA3 when you can play GTA5.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2014, 09:44:07 PM »
the answer is simple

because we might want to?

again same reason old games are even around, why play qfi when there are more advanced tech non ags point n click? because we like it
one day ags wont run on windows, then what, shrug

simple answer is though because we want to, though gta is not a good example thats not even meant for ps3 and i dont like the series, they dont run well on pc if at all.

but again JRPG's  which you seem to not know about, are the bestest, on ps1 and ps2.. and 3.. sorta 4.. but why would someone want to play ANY old game, 
because we have the want .. to do so.
you dont, thats cool, but know this, many do want to.

:)
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2014, 09:57:07 PM »
Hah!  You young whipper-snappers!

I know it falls more into the "cross-platform converters" rather than "backwards compatibility", but I can recall when it was a big deal that you could play your Atari 2600 games on the Intellivision and Colecovision!

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2014, 09:59:32 PM »
Goatmeal FTW.

Bt

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2014, 10:02:53 PM »
I think it depends on the type of game. If its a series like say Suikoden. Or Quest For Glory. I'd like to be able to play the series in order. There are stories to follow.

If its a racing game that comes out every single year, probably be fine with the latest version. Unless there is some map that is missing from future games, that I just have to drive around again, because it was 'fun'. Mario Kart games are that way. I often find myself going back to earlier ones.

Rereleasing the series to other systems via emulation/recoding is a viable option. I'm happy to see the Final Fantasy games slowly get released on PC for example. I would be especially happy if they released the earliest games in the series as well. Although with that series, there is no reason to play in order, and each game is great simply for the stand alone stories.

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2014, 10:04:11 PM »
Why do I like to watch old movies? Because I like to, sometime the classics are the best! No one has found a way to top them!

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2014, 10:41:27 PM »
GTA isn't meant for the PS3? Huh? I'd be happy to take a photo of the GTAV box for my PS3 and post it.

How do you know I don't like JRPG's? Don't assume because I don't talk about them I don't know anything. I've never mentioned them here whatsoever. Ever. Not once. I've played JRPG's since my SNES still had it's cardboard box. Earthbound is the best of the genre, and I really loved Suikoden, Ni no Kuni, Chrono Trigger, plus the final fantasy games.

I agree Baggins, it's probably more about the actual game you want to replay more than anything else. I used GTA as an example because there's nothing in the earlier games that you can't get from playing a later one. I think something like the Need for Speed series would be the same. But a series like Final Fantasy, yeah I can understand playing that again from the start.

What I take exception to is calling people who enjoy games like GTA the lowest common denominator. Just because it's enjoyed by the mass market doesn't mean they're the stupidest of all game players. If more people are going to by the latest GTA than the latest King's Quest - and I'd put money on that - that's what production companies are going to make. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's bad.

As for AGS not being Windows compatible one day, sure. It could happen. But it's an active engine constantly being upgraded and once it's not we'll move to something else. And you know, I have the source code for QFI so it's not the biggest of challenges to make it compatible as technology moves along. I've done it to our KQ3 remake a couple of times.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2014, 07:23:54 AM »
ahh klytos

for god sake just understand what i meant,

gta5 IS out for that console i never suggested it was not,
im with goatmeal too, but again people want what they want, and most who i know on and offline minus .. you and a few others.
Dont want or care about backwards compat.

Again I did presume to state you didnt know about jrpgs because no one with that knowledge should ever go .. why play part 1 when you have part 6-7 now
mana khemia comes to mind also, persona's etc

but man lay the off me please this is not to hard
I have had a loss and you are suggesting that im so stupid That I  would need a screenshot to think a game is out for a console when I just stated its a new game that was slated for most modern consoles, yes its out i fucking OWN it.. on ps3.. ffs.
ahhh

man  really? get off my nuts on this, im sick, trying hard to get my mind off things, and you instead of saying, well hey some people want what they want....
you say... why want to EVER play the old stuff when there is new

again to that sir I say, because we want to... and because they arent the same games
gta is a terrible example but, for that one vice city is still my fav and id play that over gta5 any day..

ahhh man please lay off and understand some people love old games or you guys wouldnt have a job with QFI here, no one would want this..

sigh

take care I WONT be belittled like this by you klytos I know you are a good guy but you seem to miss my valid points.. when yours are your valid points but come time to stand yours holds no water

why play kq3 when you can play 8 ? etc why ulitma 6 when u have 9
ahh I can go on and on.. answer is.. again, because we want to and because they arent the same game!

crying man, you a top dog here are posting like a child asking to prove screen shots when even i own gta5 and you just arent reading into my posts properly

thanks for taking it down one notch and just understanding some want it , some dont, but if even some do... that should be good enough for you to understand period.

also I miss my intellivision.

anyway im dropping out again, I cant take fighting with good friends over pathetic views and paradigms.
I know im right, and that you also are too klytos, but how you are going about it.. is kinda poking a beehive with a stick and running into some water .. qfi ref there..

take care all.. and klytos i love ya man but wow.. come on really..?
sigh  :'(

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2014, 07:33:47 AM »
* Kaldire hugs kyltos and just cries

Im sorry mate just not a good time to be nit picking my posts or beliefs never is just 
understand or dont, people want old games to be played, some are like you and dont but,
hug..

pls stop this posting its not the first time you have smashed down the wrath :(
I love you all mates. all