Author Topic: You know what really ticks me off?  (Read 46550 times)

Baggins

• Villain
  • Liked: 29
    • View Profile
Re: You know what really ticks me off?
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2014, 04:27:02 AM »
https://medium.com/message/playing-with-my-son-e5226ff0a7c3

The article is called "Playing with my Son", but not in the Lambonius meaning...

And this, for me, is the most interesting impact of the experiment.

Eliot’s early exposure to games with limited graphics inoculated him from the flashy, hyper-realistic graphics found in today’s AAA games. He can appreciate retro graphics on its own terms, and focus on the gameplay.

The lo-fi graphics in games like VVVVVV, FTL, or Cave Story might turn off other kids his age, but like me, he’s drawn to them.

My hope is that this experiment instilled a life-long appreciation for smaller, weirder, more intimate games in him.

So I gave my son a crash course in video game history, compressing 25 years of gaming history into about four years.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2014, 06:26:48 PM »
I banned the dick who posted that hairy scrotum image.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2015, 07:55:34 AM »
So now Nintendo is expanding on the Wii emulation on Wii U...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metroid-prime-trilogy-poised-for-wii-u-re-release/1100-6424641/

By adding the option of downloading Wii games directly to the Wii U, and even going into a Wii game by directly inserting a Wii disc into the system ('on select games').

This week they released Mario Galaxy 2 (at introductory price of $10), and apparently Metroid Prime Trilogy will also be released in the coming weeks at $10 bucks introductory price as well (great deal for a great series).

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2015, 04:03:30 PM »
strange again here mate as the wii-u's on sale here dont support real disc wii games anymore, only the dls

not sure wtf you are looking at but here again where I live and in lala land, the wii-u's no longer support wii game discs,
but even then wtf is the point, most of the games sucked hard anyway, even those listed ..

shrug

im lost again as the last wii-u that sold that was wii disc capable was the zelda wii-u edition and then nothing here on my end,

shrugx2
what was the point of your post? this is what I think all console and pc/os makers should do

it allows the oppurtunity to play older games on a newer console, and if you own the real game it costs NOTHING, minus the fact i think you are reading into it wrong,
i think no matter what you must buy the game again..
digitally which blows ding ding

or find me a copy in northern central cali that plays wii games..
cause I sure as hell cant find a newer model minus that zelda one

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2015, 04:06:53 PM »
and dammmn why is the metroid trilogy worth so much for a wii game? i have 3! still sealed and one opened one,

the games suck, you have to stop to aim on 2 of the games,
grr
like res evil,, wait right there zombie i must stop , hold my gun out aim and fire then run, not run back and fire at the same time.

same issue with gc but i do know a few talks were made about the newer metroids battle system (where you can run and shoot) being put into the older games, but never tried as i lost interest but I own the trilogy sets for wii
shrug

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2015, 04:54:50 PM »
"im lost again as the last wii-u that sold that was wii disc capable was the zelda wii-u edition and then nothing here on my end,

I have no idea what you are talking about. There were quite a few Wii-U editions after the Zelda edition that have Wii-U support..

The version I have has Wii Mode support as well (it was released mid-2014), and Nintendo still advertises Wii-U support as one of its plusses.

You'll have to prove to me that there is some version floating out there that doesn't have the "Wii Mode" icon. Photos, and links?

Even this current model that has Super Mario 3D world bundled with it is advertised as having WII support.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-Deluxe-Set-Bundle-3ds/dp/B00MVUKM0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421358907&sr=8-1&keywords=wii-u

What is not compatible with the "Wii Mode' is the Wii-U controller you have to actually have a Wii Mote and nunchucks for any of the emulated games. Wii Mode and Star Wars Galaxy 2 digital edition included require the nunchuck and motion strip.

While I'm sure there will be a redesigned Wii-U model soon enough, Nintendo hasn't announced one yet.

Also Metroid games aren't meant to be action games, they are action-adventure games. It's more about the exploration and puzzle solving...There really aren't that many enemies in them either.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2015, 10:40:31 PM »
seriously I have to prove myself?

wow

I mean im not saying for you to prove YOURSELF mate,
but really?

call gamestop if you live in usa, they will tell you,

wii'u in my area only have special editions that play wii games now unless you dl them and emulate vs the insert wii disc here,

i went to buy one and none played wii games from discs none..
just the zelda edition, not saying there arent more out there, just saying whats available in my area at my shops  best buy, frys and gamestops  no wii compatible wii u's unless you pay for the special editions

ive since contacted nintendo that did indeed state in email and on phone that they originally slated the wii'us to never playing the retail hard copy games ever again, but it got repealed by online petitons as many wanted that option in, sooo

more are obviously made or in the works
but on the shelves not here..
and im in sacramento ca

so just call up a game stop, ask hey do some wii'u s not play wii games retail only digi dl? they will say YES

there was even a list of which versions did play them and which didnt but I cant find the link anymore,
same as ps3 version list i linked which has only 3 ps3's that played ps2 games no others, just 3 models,
and 1 model only played 40% of the ps2 games, where the 1st 2 models played about 80-90% just fine

same thing for the wii u

i wont need to prove anything, just  call yourself call nintendo ffs

I believe you, how hard is it to ask a forum or member to trust and believe me without spitting links in my current drama situation.
shrug,  dont believe me its ok, I know whats real,
and I BELIEVE YOU, just sad and upsetting you dont reciprocate that

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2015, 11:14:03 PM »
Do you know what i want?  I want a super Console System that will play All my old Intellivision, Atari, Nes, Snes, Sega Master/Genesis, Dreamcast, Atari lynx, N64, Ps1/PS2/PS3, Xbox/X360, Sega Gamegear, Gameboy, WI, Plus this system will play all my old DOS games on 3 1/2 ld disks without having to screw around with Dosbox etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I will call this System ChadlyVision and probally get sued by everyone on Earth........ :) ;) :D                      Wait i will do what Sean Parker did and declare bankruptcy and still manage to be a Gazilliuonaire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHa   Chadly.....
**********Chadly*********************

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2015, 11:23:07 PM »
I'm really trying not to be a dick about this, because I really am sorry about your current situation, it sucks (to say the least) but that doesn't mean people should just believe you when you say something that is just plain wrong. I knew nothing about this before this thread, but the burden of proof rest with you not Baggins. He obviously has a system he bought 6 months ago which still supports Wii game discs, and he linked to an article which states that Wii-U

Although all Wii games can be played on the Wii U, players need to enter into the system's emulator to play these.

He's provided proof and all you've said is it's wrong, trust me.

Doing a minor amount of further research, Nintendo's website says that Wii-U supports disc Wii games, the only proviso is you need your original controllers.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1145/~/how-to-play-wii-games-on-the-wii-u
http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/built-in-software/wii-menu

Wii Menu is built in to Wii U. It allows for backwards compatibility with Wii game discs, saved game data, and purchased WiiWare and Virtual Console games on your new Wii U console.

Not that I care because I think the Wii is a piece of shit, I sold mine within a month of buying it because the whole remote + nunchuck thing is just fucking awkward - something the Wii-U has fixed with a much better controller. But the principle here is Baggins made a statement with proof and you're shitty because he won't believe you when your evidence is "hey trust me".
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2015, 11:55:20 PM »
urmm you crossed a line there kyltos
one I wont forgive

sorry

he has only proven that wii u consoles are still made now with wii support NOT that they did in fact stop making some with support for it..

jesus mate, seriously you DO mean to be a dick about this, and you are

he has shown no proof that im wrong or right as neither have I, and I shouldnt have to.
If you want call nintendo, or a gamestop or stfu
either way, I find it hard to grasp that you klytos would stick into this and suggest that what Im saying needs proof or im lying, this is IN FACT what you are fucking saying and I cant even fathom how you could or would do that to anyone reguardless of their situation mate.

I love you but this, is FUCKED UP.
seriously take care guys I wish you the best I wont be back
I really dont understand what you think I was trying to prove, only that some wii'u dont support wii games directly only via the dl or mod, and some do support it,
going to my stores none support wii games, none, and I must prove this, interesting,

take care all, and I still love you but, no one should be forced to prove something so idiotic,
esp something like this,
if you dont believe me FINE, your loss on knowhow of the wii u, my gain,
as i do believe him that they are making them again, per nintendo they did STOP making them due to going for DIGI DL soft mod etc only,
but then online petitions led them to just putting it back, but ive yet to see one on the shelf unless its used that runs wii games,

seriously

sigh

hope you adjust your views but I know you to well and I know you wont, but man what you said is seriously offensive and I cant be apart of this forum or a fan of this group when someone as yourself talks so down to me like that

im 38 man, not 14 (admitting though I do act 14 most times) but I dont need you to be injecting idiotic bs. 
If i said I dont believe HIM at all, then i could see your post making sense, but thats NOT what I said, i do believe him,
you all dont believe.. me and frankly ive done NOTHING in my history here to make anyone disbelieve anything i say or do.

ever..

shrug

for now so long and hug your loved ones,

ill try to get you your damned proof, from gamestores and nintendo tomorrow, if I even care at that point to make this valid. my word, should really be good enough on this scale but shock and awe, its not?
what on this earth have I ever said or done to make you think id LIE over something like this? what would I have to even fucking GAIN from telling a mistruth here? nothing thats right

now go drink a keg and think about how badly you just insulted me a dedicated fan and how ive never had reason to lie ever, nor would I

cheers n beers

the a hole

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2015, 02:59:30 AM »
I'm sorry you feel offended by my post. But I am nowhere near any line to be crossing it. I'm certainly not trying to be a dick. I'm quite capable of being a dick and you'd know the difference clearly. I am entitled to stick my comments into any thread I wish to, for two reasons. The first being that it's a public forum and I can post whatever I want - whenever I want (welcome to the internet), and secondly as an admin I could see that the topic was degenerating quite fast and in order to put an end to that I went and researched what you both were arguing over.

I'm locking this thread because nothing good will come of this.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."