Author Topic: [Rogue] My game is completely bugged  (Read 6672 times)

shazzner

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
[Rogue] My game is completely bugged
« on: July 11, 2014, 08:29:32 PM »
I got the quest from the Treants early on to fetch them the pinecone. I do a bunch of quests and now I'm at the part where I'm exploring the mines. I went back to the treants to finished the quest however everytime I walk into the room they're at I get a message saying I burned them (?), and when I try to go north the game locks up.

This sounds like a scripting error, any ideas on how to fix this or am I SOL? I've tried going back a few saves with the same results.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: [Rogue] My game is completely bugged
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 08:40:01 PM »
That is a good question.  Someone else actually just reported this same issue today, though others seem to have finished the rogue path without problems.  I'll have to wait until one of our programmers can pop on here and take a look at it.  We'll get to the bottom of it though and get back to you as soon as possible--sorry you ran into this!
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 08:49:25 PM »
You didn't burn the trees in anyway - they are either already on fire or spontaneously burst into flames?

(Just checking sequence of events)

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

shazzner

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 08:59:22 PM »
Nope, I talked to them once and then walked off and did a bunch of other quests. When I walked into the room with the treants, the game walks me forward then a popup appears saying "You burn them, they scream etc" then the left treant sprite changes into a burnt version. I can leave back the other way, but if I continue north Roehm stops a loading icon appears and I can't do anything until I alt-tab and kill the application.

No fire or burning involved.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 09:16:30 PM »
Gotcha, I just replicated the bug.  Do me a favor - you're probably going there during the day, right?  Rest until night, and THEN enter the treants screen.  Let me know what happens. 

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 09:37:17 PM »
Shazzner - I think I have a workaround. 
Spoiler (hover to show)

Bt

shazzner

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 10:07:52 PM »
Thanks, I'll try that out in a second

shazzner

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 02:00:34 PM »
That worked, thank you!

Nass

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 06:35:39 AM »
Hey guys

I encountered this same problem, but the bank fix doesn't work.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Cheers.

scizzit

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 10:51:31 PM »
I also had this bug, but the bank workaround did not work for me either. I chose the sorcerer class. Any timeline on the update?

Mike the Wino

• Recruit
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 10:35:18 PM »
Same issue as the original post here.

I also tried the timing reset by breaking into the bank, then immediately heading back to the treants. I used the map to get to the cemetery, then headed for the treants. First I tried just walking past the so-called burned out tree on the left (the other was still intact, but "asleep", and the game froze with the head and red blinking eyes. Had to restart and try again. Next, I tried giving the tree on the right the pine cone, and the game crashed to the desktop, with this error message:

An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this...blah blah blah....
(ACS version 3.3.0.1160)
in “GlobalScript.acs”, line 9359
Error: FaceCharacter: characters are in different rooms

Any other suggestions, short of going back and doing the treant quest before I nab the bird?

Awesome game to this point, by the way!  Cheers!
"Life is too short to drink bad wine"--Unknown