Author Topic: Game stays "busy" when clicking a saved game item in the game options screen  (Read 5619 times)

togamario

• Recruit
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
I can load a saved game from the main menu just fine, but once that game is loaded, if I go to the game options screen and click any of the saved games in the list, the "busy" status is triggered in the game and never recovers. The skull eyes flash red, the input is disabled and all forms grey out as well.

Thanks for the help!

Very respectfully,
Tyler

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
This is a new one.  It sounds to me like it might be an issue with the game trying to locate the save-games or something.  Have you moved your saved games around at all?  Or are there other files in the save-game directory that could be confusing it somehow?  This is just my layman's guess (not a programmer.)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

togamario

• Recruit
    • View Profile
I haven't modified anything at a filesystem level since I installed the game.

Things to note:

1.) I did install QFI on a separate drive than my OS.
2.) I do not know where the save games are going, since they don't seem to be in the installation destination folder.
3.) It worked just fine for a while. I'm a constant saver, so I would rotate 3 or 4 saves at a time and go back to remove old saves often.

Thanks again!

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Which version are you running?

In the windows version, the saved game files are in username>SavedGames>QuestForInfamy  (c:\users\[username]\Saved Games\Quest For Infamy)

they look like "agssave.001", "agssave.002" - you can search for those to find them.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

togamario

• Recruit
    • View Profile
I am running the Windows version, but I'm not sure what build/release number it is.

Very respectfully,
Tyler

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
I've got the GOG edition and I've had a greying out bug too after dying, the restore / restart buttons can't remember where exactly
Spoiler (hover to show)
When you're a farrier you need to know these things

togamario

• Recruit
    • View Profile
I noticed the number of saved games in my folder doesn't match the number in my list. I'm going to back up my files, then start playing around with removing one at a time and poke around that way. It's all I can do right now, short of disassembling the game ;) Ain't nobody got time for that.

togamario

• Recruit
    • View Profile
I did a little more testing. It appears to only happen after I load a particular saved game. If I load any of the other saved games, I'm able to go to the game options screen and select any of the saved games from the list with no problem. If I load this one saved game, then go back to the game options screen, I get the lockup.

If you guys want to check out the file, I can send it to you or upload it somewhere. What's the most convenient way to get it to you?

The only theory I have right now it that I *may* have pressed a key on the keyboard (like "escape") while it was saving and it truncated the file somehow? But I don't remember doing anything differently than normal. Pretty much saved the game once I went into the Inn, talked to the loremaster looking fellow on the left side about all his topics, tried to give him the beast head, then saved again.

Thanks again!

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Hmm.  Well we can definitely take a look at the file, and we'll be looking into the code just in case there is an issue there.

Go ahead and email the save-game to info@infamous-quests.com along with a little explanation of the issue and we'll take a look!
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

togamario

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Thanks for the email address and I've sent off the details. Hope it helps, but I realize this is probably a low-priority ticket item since I can just load up a save I made 30 seconds earlier, delete the bogus save and probably keep truckin' like it never happened.

Edit: And *this* is why you save early, save often :)