The Games > Order of the Thorne : The King's Challenge

Post-mortem thoughts

<< < (3/5) > >>

shoptroll:

--- Quote from: Klytos on August 15, 2016, 08:33:01 AM ---It's not even the cost of the booth so much as the cost to just get, and stay, there!

--- End quote ---

Good point.  I don't travel much so that never even crossed my mind!

Blackthorne:
Yeah, the cost of plane tickets and hotel, food, etc. was more than the cost of the booth - the booth wasn't cheap, either.

But we had a really good time in Boston and met a lot of good folks, and I got to spend time with some of my best friends from around the globe.  I really liked being at the show; there's a large disconnect between how audiences on the net and audiences in person react to our games, etc.  If we had the kind of budget that would allow us to travel cross the country and world doing promotion like booths at expos... man.  That would be fun, and good exposure.

Bt

BruceBrenneise:
Well, for what it's worth, if you decided you wanted to do PAX West next year, you'd be welcome to camp out on the floor of my apartment here in Seattle for free. There's space enough for a few sleeping bags, I would say, pending agreement from my wife, of course. Not sure if that makes it worthwhile since the booth, plane tickets, etc, are still significant costs. Might be good to consider PAXDev as well, perhaps giving a talk on indie games/adventure games. Just throwing thoughts out there.

And you know, reading this discussion, some of the predicament of getting people to buy games is much like the problem of trying to get people to buy art. You can put it up online, but people are a lot more likely to buy when they meet you in person and feel that personal connection to the creator of the product.

Chadly:
    I really think that for IQ to survive you all need a more aggressive marketing to the folks who remember playing these type of classic adventure games. Folks in there late 20's and 30's.  To a young teenager or someone in there 20's these games are like me playing an Atari, Intellivison, or Nes system.  PS4/Xbox1 systems are graphically amazing amd those systems stress First erson Shooters, which to me aren't all that fun anymore, as I like to think not randomly smash buttons hoping I don't run out of ammo.  Lets face it myself and the creators of Infamous Quests grew up in the golden era of gaming, as we are all about the same age demographic.  I just don't want to see a great thing as IQ die, but I understand the business end of things.  Some Kickstarters have raised 10 million dollars, Wow, and they aren't even finished yet, (Chris Roberts  Star Citizen for example).  Others have produced crap or nothing at all.  At Least IQ have produced 3 completed projects, with a fourth on the way.  Keep on trucking guys and gals, please. :)    Chadly.

Chadly:
Here is an idea, for the continuation and completion of Fortress of Fire and Roehm to Ruin.  Why not do another Kickstarter, as others like the Coles (Hero U) and Double Fine have done.  Your original backers would be game I would think, (I would) and others as well. If this is going to be the Swan Song for IQ and classic games in general why not give it a shot, if time and circumstances permit? :) Chadly. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version