Author Topic: What gos into making an adventre game like qfi?  (Read 19803 times)

tempestmichael

Re: What gos into making an adventre game like qfi?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 09:37:53 AM »
i used to screw around making games in SCI studio so I know it's a lot more work than you think

I'm assuming QFI is AGS which isn't quite as bad as SCI but i know how annoying it can be.

ha, yea everyone has that idea for the best game ever right. at least everyone thinks they do

I have an idea myself for a totally new genre of games, but I don't go around spilling the beans to people or trying to sell it because I know how unsolicited pitches always go. either they really don't even want you to send the idea or they steal it :P been learning the soundtrack business for a while now and it's like that to. don't send stuff to companies directly, they don't want it. use a middle man but for a game idea? i'd say you'd have to make it yourself unless you already have a team of friends that can do it and want to get behind the idea 
check out some tutorials online if you're interested in designing games
i like sciprogramming for that but for ags i bet they have a much more updated tutorial site somewhere since it's used a lot more these days

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 12:00:04 PM »
u also have the rpgmaker/ snes style games that sell like hotcakes

something to think about

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

roeadventue32

• Villain
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 03:02:01 PM »
You've got to know where you're going.

I will say this, and I don't mean it to sound like I'm being an asshole, but ideas are a dime a dozen. If you want to develop your idea into a game you need to bring more to the table than just an idea.

I could put about 5k into it but to be honest thats all I could aford to spend on it at once. I really dont know much about fundrasing in the non profit sense. I could make a voiced skyrim follower mod (and have done so) but thats about the limit of my game making abilties. People would not really donate enough to be signifacant, they just downloaded the mod.
I am a one note man, I play it all I can.

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 06:23:13 PM »
lol klytos no worries no need to put "dont mean to sound like an asshole" lol we know youre not matey
We do??? :)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 03:33:39 AM »
I'd be offended by that but you're a kiwi... :)
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
Re: What gos into making an adventre game like q
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2015, 05:47:58 AM »
Speaking of Kiwis, is it three tests in a row they have beaten the kangaroos?

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2015, 08:02:33 AM »
Was it 50 years in a row we beat you before that?
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 02:38:03 PM »
Yip I will give you that.... You used to be the best team in the world

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 07:11:27 PM »
Don't worry, we'll get back to beating you again soon and all will be right with the world.

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 08:35:56 PM »
You are probably far more concerned about the fate of the broncs and maroons anyway and on that front you must be very happy. Sadly my Warriors have gone backwards this year (didn't think that was possible), already looking to next season and hoping RTS and Luke can be our saviours.

Think international football will be very good over the next few years as they are pretty evenly matched.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2015, 01:01:26 AM »
In all honesty, I don't mind the Kiwi's being at the top of the heap at the moment because let's face it, there's only three countries worth worrying about for international League and it's not interesting when Australia wins everything. Now if the Poms could play well for more than 40 minutes there would be some great tri-series.

QLD I don't have any doubts about this year. The Blues seem much more interested in ripping themselves apart than the QLDers so far. And that's the Sydney newspapers!

Bronco's are sitting great at the moment but we have the hardest run home of any club. Melbourne and Bulldogs twice, Dragons Roosters and Bunnies. I don't doubt a top 8 finish but their new found confidence and ability to win close games is going to be sorely tested.

roeadventue32

• Villain
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2015, 07:49:40 PM »
Fyi, try playing the qfi game not stat maxing at the start as in my guide, but going to 50, this is more realistic for you, to be able to max them in the normal course of things, as a fun thing to try.
I am a one note man, I play it all I can.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2015, 03:53:39 AM »
your guide?

huh.. were they sent out?
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2015, 04:48:17 AM »
Roe wrote a guide in another thread where he exploits the loophole to max everything in the prologue. That's what he's referring to. He's right too, playing the game without doing that at the start is how it was designed and hopefully gives a much more satisfying experience.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2015, 08:59:54 AM »
@Kaldire : Here's the thread -- this was before I started making up that "super secret special ending" nonsense!

http://www.infamous-quests.com/forum/index.php?topic=1846.msg26915#msg26915

Essentially, to power-up your sorcerer, you can exploit a bug after defeating the Beast on the first night, where you go to/around the graveyard and fight the undead to maximize your different fighting stats (block, hack, stab, slash, fire blast, etc.).  If you die, you just reappear in the same spot, similar to waking up in Jerrod's Apothecary when you die later on the game.

This allows you to keep fighting and building you fighting stats with no adverse effect -- no need for food or to eat (since time is essentially 'frozen' that first day/afternoon/night until certain conditions are met), no need to use health potions (since you magically reappear again after death), and no money is lost (since you are not paying Jerrod 10 blys for his trouble, like you do later on in the game).

I haven't tried it personally, but am looking forward to seeing if you can also do this with the Brigand and Rogue...

...unless the guys remove this for the version 1.2 DVD release.   ;)

And I don't believe @roeadventue32 ever explained how to do this faster for a Brigand like he offered...   ;)

http://www.infamous-quests.com/forum/index.php?topic=1846.msg26917#msg26917