Author Topic: New Player Thoughts (Spoilers I suppose)  (Read 18528 times)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: New Player Thoughts (Spoilers I suppose)
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2015, 02:11:06 AM »
I'm anxiously awaiting the HintArt™ Book to see if Blackthorne delves into the backstory / world history of Tarhsein.  (hint, HINT).

Seconded

What I put in my above post is everything we're divulging about the backstory of the world at this stage!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

roeadventue32

• Villain
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2015, 07:01:18 AM »
hmm did you pee on it? lol
jk jk

urmm ill have to check that out again

Ether there is some spicial item, was going to try necklace and the holy symbol you can sell this morning.

''Of course when it said your not going to open this without help I tried to ask at the theves guild, but no one had I topic about it. ''

I of course thought of o'bur.

I did not exspect they would really talk about it at guild/den,  as the did not even let you talk about the bank job.

Jack in the woods is a thought or some item you can get at the slavers in act two, byond that I have not the fantist idea.

If there is a way I usally find it. Failing all this, it really must be a bug, I even tried getting a hint from volarus herself as odd as that sounds, also trying to pickpocket a key off her.

I hope it was not the dagger I gave her as a gift, I  know its not the diamond tipped crowbar. Or clicking repadly with the kit or any common tool, with or without oil, or the theif bracers from den.
I am a one note man, I play it all I can.

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2015, 07:23:13 AM »
Another thought is that you guys are getting skill ups over 100 in the secert rooms and it may need that but using 1.1, that dose not happen for me, equiping and un equping the bracers you buy from mag, the fence, it went temp to 101 but reset to 100.

If it dose a check for a skill over 100 that could be the issue. Yet someone said the formula never dose a check for a stat number over 100.

I was able to open the other 3 chests in that room it said on skill alone as if that were remarkable, but not the one where volaris keeps her stuff at the foot of her bed.

Maybe it cant be done in act one but then again you are not supposed to from what I understand break in to rayfords in act one but The game did not stop me from doing so.

Also in eariler post I did not mean max skill in prolouge but act one, I dont see how anybody could max there skills in the short prologe it dose not seem possoble stabing, slashimg and hacking take many game days.

After you kill the beast turn in the items and such its already the middle of the night. Or near it. Maxing them in a heavly scriped game day seems immposible if you take into account the events. The exacution, talking to people mentor and time skip.

Raner

• Recruit
  • Liked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2015, 10:48:09 AM »
Maybe it cant be done in act one but then again you are not supposed to from what I understand break in to rayfords in act one but The game did not stop me from doing so.

Also in eariler post I did not mean max skill in prolouge but act one, I dont see how anybody could max there skills in the short prologe it dose not seem possoble stabing, slashimg and hacking take many game days.

(i) You can break in to Rayford's? Ian's tips in the den never worked - I could not enter ANY house on the bank screen, nor could I break in to the Fisherman's house??

(ii) Maxing all skills on day 1 is not only possible but easy - time is permanently frozen and will not advance.... just bash/slash/stab yer way to 100... simply do NOT sleep at the inn as [Insert Mentor Here] suggests. You can even do this BEFORE choosing a path - as I did, though I did not at the time know to watch the Intro for some super secret hidden room.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2015, 12:06:34 PM »
raner

huh?

yes you can break into rayfords.. and the home by the bank and brattles. im lost at what you DID break into, lolol
you dont even need to be a rogue to break into all these places

and urmm again maxing stats in prologue before picking a path isnt wise at this stage, as again stats tend to reset or get wonky donk on ye

as for the bt bar hunt, read carefully the pages that are here in this sites forums about the bt hunt, was fun but hell all in the same bucket  hehe more so fun though.

btw if you  just stab undead and heal spell as sorc you get points forever as stab only does 1 hp dmg :)
not that it matters as a sorc but.. shrug
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2015, 12:34:08 PM »
"Help" in the case of the chest means the Thieves Guild Lockpick Kit.  That's all.  The rest is skill, which you have to have an abundance of.

And Shawn's right - just that little bit of backstory we have in the companion is all we'll release now; a lot of the information ties into the story of Quest for Infamy II, so I have to save it for that.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2015, 12:44:24 PM »
"Help" in the case of the chest means the Thieves Guild Lockpick Kit.  That's all.  The rest is skill, which you have to have an abundance of.

And Shawn's right - just that little bit of backstory we have in the companion is all we'll release now; a lot of the information ties into the story of Quest for Infamy II, so I have to save it for that.

Bt

thank you....I MEAN THAT. thank you.  :)

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2015, 01:06:26 PM »
raner

huh?

yes you can break into rayfords.. and the home by the bank and brattles. im lost at what you DID break into, lolol
you dont even need to be a rogue to break into all these places

and urmm again maxing stats in prologue before picking a path isnt wise at this stage, as again stats tend to reset or get wonky donk on ye

as for the bt bar hunt, read carefully the pages that are here in this sites forums about the bt hunt, was fun but hell all in the same bucket  hehe more so fun though.

btw if you  just stab undead and heal spell as sorc you get points forever as stab only does 1 hp dmg :)
not that it matters as a sorc but.. shrug

Is time freeze for real? If so I will use it on my up and comming 1.1 brig, after becoming brig. It looked like to me there was actally a time skip and it was late night after beast.

Btw I would love to tell you guys anything you want to know about playing your game versions, bugs and such, I was telling nothing but the truth in my bugs thread.

sometimes theses things may not happen I supoose unless a certain order glitches it.

Qfg 3 was always shutting down, saying we dont know what you did, but what ever it was it was not needed to finish the hgame try a new approch. so dont feel bad.

As for the hunters, yeah, they are not blocking anything really needed in act 1. Dwarf cave or anything. there is a path to theses things and you really cant kill the hunter anymore but maybe thats just theif? When I killed him I was on a brig and it said I think way to go slick in the other version.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2015, 02:02:50 PM »
sigh roe...
1. we as fans are trying not to blow the hints, i didnt want to say what to do , just that yes you can get in the chest,
2. the hunters thing is NOT a bug!!!
there are just many ways to approach a situation,

Spoiler (hover to show)

many many ways  thats kinda one of the things i love about this game,
its like
Spoiler (hover to show)
but thats not a bug either

hope that helps sort some stuff out

;)

anyway
some things you think might be bugs arent, some are. :)

time freeze? what do you mean? there are a few places time doesnt exist in the game as in it wont progress, until something happens

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2015, 04:14:01 PM »
sigh roe...
1. we as fans are trying not to blow the hints, i didnt want to say what to do , just that yes you can get in the chest,
2. the hunters thing is NOT a bug!!!
there are just many ways to approach a situation,

Spoiler (hover to show)

many many ways  thats kinda one of the things i love about this game,
its like
Spoiler (hover to show)
but thats not a bug either

hope that helps sort some stuff out

;)

anyway
some things you think might be bugs arent, some are. :)

time freeze? what do you mean? there are a few places time doesnt exist in the game as in it wont progress, until something happens

I mean the stuff they are talking about, that like after you kill beast and become class, as long as you dont sleep in inn no time passes, dude I just like to discuss games I am interested in its fun. I like novelty, so what? Keeps it interesting.

I think I already in part figured the chest thing out anyway, with natural stelth, 100, add bracer I could slip out of room without dying, the narator seemed suprised. So logic would tell me, that a simaler feat ie opening the chest, would require thevry at 110 and not stelth...and so I am farming dwarf dungeon, for some bracers of stealing shite if such exsists and keeping a look out elsewhere as I play.

When he said skill, I knew it had to be exceding the limit in some way...funny though, if you put on any stat bracer sub real max it sticks the stat and will not be 110. you need to take it off and level it natural, then add bracer. If you switch them out I think the skill turns to 90.

So im reasonble sure i have the solution I just need to hunt for the bracer or five finger discount charm or magic sneaking fish or whatever.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2015, 09:35:50 AM »
I'm anxiously awaiting the HintArt™ Book to see if Blackthorne delves into the backstory / world history of Tarhsein.  (hint, HINT).

Seconded

What I put in my above post is everything we're divulging about the backstory of the world at this stage!

WHAT ?!?!?

In the words of Seinfeld's David Puddy: "No way, this is BOGUS, man !!!"

That's it -- no need to buy the HintArt™ book now...  Money. WASTED.   >:( >:( >:(

(Strains of Veruca Salt's "I want it now" playing in my head...)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2015, 03:33:54 PM »
ooh love veruca salt  rock on!
i mean the band not the character in wonkaville :)

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2015, 04:04:12 PM »
You know what would be really cool? A mister moneybags achievement for getting 10,000 bly in 1.1!  :)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2015, 08:38:19 PM »
urmm...?

10k is pretty easy to get,..

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2015, 08:43:31 PM »
urmm...?

10k is pretty easy to get,..

Then 50k in 1.1.

Btw how do brigand raise theivery to 50? none of the practice doors work, the game dose not register what your trying to do as non rouge just tells you locked. Cant you raise to 50? Its stuck at 5. nothing I can steal.