Author Topic: Great great great game!  (Read 2581 times)

Jothie

Great great great game!
« on: August 13, 2014, 04:26:02 PM »
Brings back alot of childhood memories.  Sierra games were my introduction into computer games.  I still replay alot of them every few years or so.  Hero's Quest(I first knew it as Hero's quest, not QFG and still refer to it as such to this day) was by far my favorite. 

I just competed my first run and played a mage.  I really enjoyed it alot.  With that being said I'd like to offer some feedback/observations.

-Combat
       It was too easy to stay alive just by spamming potions.  I died zero times in combat.
       Would love a way to zap enemies from a distance before combat begins. 
       As a mage I found it incredibly hard to raise any of the melee moves except for block. my hacking, slashing and stabbing were all in the 30's at endgame.
        WTF no mythical creatures to fight? Come on now! Where's your version of the Cheetaur or Saurus?

-Money
       Too easy to get, not enough uses.  There should be a cap on how many times you can win the archery mini-game.
       Money become useless at some point.  Ironically at this point you are usually being rewarded the most cash.
        Inventory gets incredibly crowded(and why did my map disappear at the end of act 2!) Why cant I sell my old armor to the blacksmith?  Get rid of the old dwarf mine map or dump one of the many books I've picked up and no longer need.  It just gets a little cluttered at the end is all I'm saying.

-Classes
       I can't speak about the other classes since I've only played the mage(tho I did stumble upon the thieves guild) but I really didnt feel like a mage in the game.  I felt like a rogue with a couple of  spells.
       Spells are very limiting(why can't I try flaming Veng on every screen!)
       Not enough spells. No variation on how to get them.  There should be a couple of "found spells" you get without your mentor.
        Fetch.. erm I mean 'Take inanimate object'  has very very very few uses.  In fact I could only find one place in the entire game it worked.
        The mage really needed something like 'magic detect' or perhaps just a 'reveal' spell that would give clues if something on a particular screen is usable. There just needs to be more uses for magic spells.  More solutions to problems using the class defining skill.  Float and unlock can only be used so many times before it becomes repetitive.
         Why doesnt unlock work in Rayford's house! I want whats in his chest.

-Other comments
         Really didn't feel like a bad guy.  More of a reluctant hero.  I remember years and years and years ago when the game was first being discussed and someone(I believe a dev member) asked suggestion on encounters and someone replied with "attacking a picnic'ing family."  I saw no opportunities to be bad.  No civilians on the road or in the wilderness to rob, mug and beat up. Don't get me wrong.  I loved the game, and actually usually defer to wanting to be the goodguy(I had to force myself to kill Gorth) but I thought there might be an option to go dark, really really dark.

Those are my comments.  Again I loved the game and hope the above comments aren't taken harshly.  Just offering some ideas for possible improvement for QFI 2. On what would make it a better experience for me.

Thanks for making a great game.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Great great great game!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 08:08:00 PM »
Jothie!!  Thank you!! This is just what we hoped to bring to people... I'm glad you liked the game so much, and hopefully we will get to produce another Quest For Infamy in the future!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Great great great game!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 05:08:23 PM »
ohh whats that next game ur working on from the GAMESSSSS section oooooo

I want IN :P

I mean to back this muhaha
and very nice detail on this review
ill make mine once the patch comes out
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"