Author Topic: publlishing QFI  (Read 3681 times)

ErikParkin

• Recruit
  • Liked: 29
    • View Profile
publlishing QFI
« on: March 04, 2014, 10:35:05 AM »
Hello QFI Folks,

I read that you are working with Phoenix On-line to publish your game Congratulations.  I know that publishing involves getting the product to the public. But, I was wondering what does a publisher actually do? Specifically what are POS's responsibilities regarding QFI? What are they helping you to do? Congratulations on this achievement I hope everything goes well in the home stretch.
Erik Parkin

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
Re: publlishing QFI
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »
I can't speak for the company as a whole, but as a member of the social media team I can tell you that part of it is doing PR, marketing, and media work. Basically, it's pushing the product.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: publlishing QFI
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 04:53:19 PM »
As Serena said, they're in charge of marketing QFI - advertising, setting up interviews with gaming sites/magazines (Like this one I just saw today - http://gamingtrend.com/2014/03/04/infamous-quests-quest-for-infamy/ - It's an interview with me!)

They're also handling distribution on platforms like Steam.  They're out there to make us look good, and get other people to see how special we, and our game, are.  They really believe in us, and having that in your corner is an amazing feeling.  The personal attention and care we receive from them is unparalleled.  They've been my cheerleaders and saviors for the past couple months, and we're really lucky to be working with people who care deeply about the kinds of games we make. 

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."