Author Topic: Xbox Killington quest gnoll bug  (Read 1559 times)

chucktigre

• Recruit
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
Xbox Killington quest gnoll bug
« on: April 18, 2022, 08:53:36 PM »
I am stuck basically the bug is if you happen to give the gnoll troll the pipe and tobacco BEFORE you get the dialogue option to ask about the family crest seal piece you can’t get it later on. Basically the gnoll just keeps saying angrily you’re not getting it, game says he needs to mellow out, but game doesn’t recognize you gave him the pipe and tobacco already earlier.

If you try to give the pipe again it says “you can’t just give people your junk” or something like that.

Hopefully devs can fix but I had to change my review to 1 star rating from 5 bc I’m not starting the entire game over again…

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox Killington quest gnoll bug
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 08:38:38 AM »
If you are a Sorcerer / Magic User, you can cast "fear" on the Gnoll.

If not, can you go back to town, buy more tobacco, and try again?

Unfortunately, I can't remember if there is a third way to get the Gnoll to give you the item.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 09:57:54 AM »
Also, I am unfamiliar with the save game system of the Xbox version of the game.  Is there only a single save game slot, or can you return to a previous saved game so you wouldn't have to restart the game?  Maybe even a previous autosave that won't take you too far back if none of the suggestions above help ?

chucktigre

• Recruit
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 07:21:08 PM »
Unfortunately I am rogue lol, but yeah literally anything you try and hand it the game narrator just says “stop trying to give people your junk!”, it’s definitely a bug. As for the save unfortunately I have none before that I can reload.

Otherwise I really enjoyed the game reminded me of ol Monkey Island…. which is getting a new game this year woohoo

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 08:31:59 AM »
Sorry to hear you have no other save games.

The developers still make an appearance here every so often; perhaps they have a suggestion that I could not remember or think of.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 06:43:55 PM »
Looking back in the forum threads, others, especially Rogues, have had this problem.

In one instance, Blackthorne offered to fix/patch the saved game for a fan, but that was for the PC version; not sure if you'd be able to get the Xbox saved game to him, and even more doubtful that he could patch it.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 01:06:24 AM »
Yeah, we don't do tech support for QFI on the consoles - Ratalaika Games did the port, so you might want to contact them and let them know about bugs and stuff you find!

www.ratalaikagames.com

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."