Author Topic: Brigand, Rogue or Sorcerer? What did you become first?  (Read 28501 times)

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
Re: Brigand, Rogue or Sorcerer? What did you become first?
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2012, 12:31:44 PM »
I loved the paladin in QFG.  Of course, I also agree that it's just a fighter with spells.  But, that is also what a paladin IS.  A bard can have "spells" in the form of songs, but they'd most likely fit as more of a social enhancer than actual combat spells.  There could also be some overlap in the "utility" aspect, but I could see the bard as a distinct class, too.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Monster

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2012, 12:34:24 PM »
I agree that the Paladin always felt like an extension of the Fighter in QfG.  I never really thought of it as a class on it's own.

I can see the Bard as fitting into the 4th mold well, maintaining a distinct identity from the other 3.  Charisma, communication, and the knowledge of music and mood could take this character far.

I also see what you're getting at with the songs and spells.  That could indeed be an issue.  Perhaps each song could be played on a variety of instruments, or in a few different keys, and you'd have to choose the right combination to achieve the necessary tones.  Play a bad note and risk death!  Just a thought, but I'm sure you've got plenty of your own.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2012, 12:39:19 PM »
If you're a bard in a game like QFI, you demand that every song be played in B#. 

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2012, 12:40:23 PM »
Perhaps each song could be played on a variety of instruments, or in a few different keys, and you'd have to choose the right combination to achieve the necessary tones.  Play a bad note and risk death!  Just a thought, but I'm sure you've got plenty of your own.

Hahaha!  Now there's an idea I like--the traveling bard with an arsenal of different instruments.  He'd be a one man band--tuba slung over his shoulder, lute on his back, maracas in his belt.  What a sight!  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2012, 12:40:58 PM »
If you're a bard in a game like QFI, you demand that every song be played in B#. 

Bt

And you kill people outright for requesting Freebird.

And let's not forget the magic of E#, too.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2012, 12:49:43 PM »
The finest of keys.  B# and E#.  The worst of keys?  Cb and Fb, of course.  Those flat keys can go screw themselves with an old spoon.

This bard class is treading dangerously close to a "Hippie"!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2012, 12:59:53 PM »
Perhaps each song could be played on a variety of instruments, or in a few different keys, and you'd have to choose the right combination to achieve the necessary tones.  Play a bad note and risk death!  Just a thought, but I'm sure you've got plenty of your own.

Hahaha!  Now there's an idea I like--the traveling bard with an arsenal of different instruments.  He'd be a one man band--tuba slung over his shoulder, lute on his back, maracas in his belt.  What a sight!  ;)

Now that is a sight that I'd love to see.  Roehm carrying a crapton of instruments around.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2012, 02:49:33 PM »
Perhaps as a Bard Roehm could "make" his own lute as a quest in the game. :) A hidden class in the game would be very cool but needs more substance then the paladin of QFG. As stated above he (the bard) needs to be snarky, cunning, charming and be a master of instruments. (like the guitar so ge could be a master of puppets! ;))
**********Chadly*********************

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2012, 03:32:53 PM »
Another funny aspect of Roehm as a bard would be the idea that he'd turn his own deeds into songs and stories--told with ridiculous boasting and exaggeration.  There'd be a lot of humor potential in something like that.  :)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2012, 06:42:49 PM »
I know IQ's next game could be "Stoners Quest: Roehm's search for Weed".  He plays a Weed smoking LSD tripping hippy that lsitens to Gratefull Dead music. :) LOL.  Just kidding folks, but i think its a cool idea for a game.

Monster

« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2012, 12:58:40 AM »
tuba slung over his shoulder, lute on his back, maracas in his belt.  What a sight!  ;)
Tuba!?

:P

While it'd be an amusing sight, perhaps something a little more compact.  A pan flute, perhaps?

I like your idea of having Roehm know the right song for the situation.  It allows for a lot more in the way of story.

If you guys decide to pursue the Bard as a fourth path, I'd be very interested in seeing the result.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2012, 05:57:35 AM »
Roehm plays only the oboe.

Bt

Monster

« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2012, 06:03:13 AM »
An oboe would actually be awesome.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2012, 10:50:40 AM »
I know!  That's why he plays it!

In all fairness, this discussion has been really awesome, though.  You guys have a lot of cool ideas.

Bt

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2012, 10:56:07 AM »
Yup. Us fans of QFI are all awesome with great ideas for the game!  So make us a fantastic game BT and company! :)  Also release the Demo 2.0 pretty please with sugar on top! LOL.