Author Topic: Walkthrough, hints etc?  (Read 89975 times)

ishmael

• Recruit
  • Liked: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2014, 12:56:12 PM »
End as brigand, starts as a rogue. Stuck immideatly, with chapel cross puzzle. Found "NEWS" but don't know what to do with it. Any hint?
Well....try to follow the N-E-W-S

Jerminator

« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2014, 12:58:33 PM »
What else could those letters stand for?

StJohn

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2014, 01:01:43 PM »
It was not helpfull at all

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2014, 01:02:37 PM »
Spoiler (hover to show)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

StJohn

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2014, 01:09:35 PM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

Thanks. Now i feeling like dumbass... brigand was the right choice to me  ;D

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2014, 01:19:23 PM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

Thanks. Now i feeling like dumbass... brigand was the right choice to me  ;D

No worries--everyone approaches these puzzles differently!  Glad you were able to move on!  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Silver-Streak

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
[Sorcerer] Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2014, 02:33:56 PM »
This thread has been exceptionally helpful. Enough so that I finally registered on the forums to post now that I'm stuck.

I seem to not be getting caught on some of the same things others are. In fact, I've been progressing in the story pretty well.

I just can't seem to get the final spell component for my Sorcerer. I have all spells except Nature's Blessing. I have the living creature, but can't seem to find the water flower.

Any hints or help is greatly appreciated.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: [Sorcerer] Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2014, 02:35:52 PM »
I just can't seem to get the final spell component for my Sorcerer. I have all spells except Nature's Blessing. I have the living creature, but can't seem to find the water flower.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Silver-Streak

• Recruit
    • View Profile
[Sorcerer] Re: Re: [Sorcerer] Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2014, 02:37:17 PM »

Spoiler (hover to show)

Oh jeez. Now I feel foolish. Thank you!

Edit: Another general question. I seem to have used up the tree next to Volksville as far as climbing training. I'm at 21 climb and it won't go any higher. Is there somewhere else I can train climb? I don't seem to get anything from the trees in the northern woods.

sirpatser

« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2014, 02:51:40 PM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2014, 02:54:13 PM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

Spoiler (hover to show)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: [Sorcerer] Re: Re: [Sorcerer] Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2014, 02:58:31 PM »
Edit: Another general question. I seem to have used up the tree next to Volksville as far as climbing training. I'm at 21 climb and it won't go any higher. Is there somewhere else I can train climb? I don't seem to get anything from the trees in the northern woods.

There are a few places in Tyr where you should be able to train climbing further. 
Spoiler (hover to show)

There are a few others around in various places, too, but they're slipping my mind at the moment.  :)

Silver-Streak

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2014, 03:45:25 PM »
Ok, with the awesome help from Lambonius, I've been able to better progress.

This has given me some breathing room on stuff, but it has revitalized my old QFG urges around training all my stats. I'm going to list what I know in case others are running into questions around this too, but thought I'd also throw up questions in case there are better places.
  • Weapon Accuracy (Weapon % Hit): I think you get some accuracy from the Archery Game, but it is exceedingly few and far between. Is there another, better, place to train this?
  • Blocking: I've been able to easily train blocking by just blocking forever in combat with one of the highwaymen in the Northern woods. Is there a better place to train this?
  • Slashing, Stabbing, Hacking:Brigands can train this more as part of their path. (Thanks Lambonius) For everyone else, I've not seen anyplace to train this other than combat.
  • Stealth: This one's easy. Just sneak everywhere. I actually had 50 stealth (max for sorcerer?) before getting to the intro beheading.
  • Magical Power: Cast all 4 environmental spells every screen, and once you unlock Nature's Power, go back and forth between casting it and blocking when training Block as mentioned above.
  • Climbing: Tree to the right of Volksville (Seems to only be good up to climb 20). Climbing the vines at the Mayor's Mansion in Tyr, or climbing the rightmost balcony at the apartments in Tyr. (Thanks Lambonius)
  • Thievery: Picking locks and breaking into houses. Rogues can also train at the Guild. (Thanks Lambonius)
If anyone knows of any better place to train any of the above, the info is greatly appreciated. I'll gladly edit this post and give credit as people post, to help all future QFI players.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2014, 03:52:58 PM »
Slashing, Stabbing, Hacking--if you're a brigand, you have another option for training in the brigands' hideout.

Thievery can be trained in much the same way it could in the old QFG games--picking locks and doing break-ins.  If you're a rogue, you have another training option in the thieves' hideout, too.  Otherwise, yeah--you've got most of them there.  :)

It's also worth noting that Blocking restores a bit of health with every successful block.  It can be a real life-saver if you're out of potions!

Silver-Streak

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2014, 04:05:30 PM »
Thanks Lambonius.

As an aside: Are you supposed to be able to go past 100 on stats? Using the balcony in Tyr has made my climbing 103.