Author Topic: QFI Magic questions and suggestion  (Read 2429 times)

ErikParkin

• Recruit
  • Liked: 29
    • View Profile
QFI Magic questions and suggestion
« on: December 10, 2013, 06:14:23 PM »
Hello everyone

My name is Erik. First I would like to say how impressed I am with the amount of work that has gone into this game.  I'm excited to play it.  I have some questions that I would like to ask, I understand if they can't be answered.

1. I'm intrigued by the magic user class in this game, I saw the demo How does this magic user class differ from the one in quest for glory? How is magic learned what kind of spells can you use?

2. How will you Celebrate when QFI is done, are you considering other projects?

3. I am a physically disabled person and twitchy fighting games are a little bit hard for me to play. This is a friendly suggestion It might be a good idea to build in a difficulty slider to your combat system to make combat a little easier for people who aren't good at combat.

I am very excited to play this game.  Thank you for your hard work.

Sincerely,

Erik Parkin

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: QFI Magic questions and suggestion
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 12:39:13 AM »
Hey Erik, glad you're looking forward to the game! I, and the whole team, are looking forward to getting it out there as soon as we can!

1. Each magic spell is created through a quest or mission which Prospero sends you on. I don't really want to go into more details on those quests for, in the words of River Song, SPOILERS! The are two main classes of spells, "Environmental" and "Battle". Environmental spells are ones that you would use in your everyday villainy, Taking Inanimate Objects, Floating on a Cloud and other goodies like that. Battle spells are combat spells and obviously include offensive spells as well as spells to assist in retreating for a battle, and healing spells.

2. Beer. Beer is how I celebrate most things! Seriously, we'll celebrate a job well done, and get working into our next project. Yeah, we've got at least the next two games locked in and another half a dozen in mind! Ideas are easy, getting them onto your computer, that's the hard part!

3. Honestly, I'm not sure whether we'll have difficulty levels for combat, we may and have certainly talked about it. Whether we can swing it for the game is a different story as it may involved a complete ground-up rewrite of the combat.

Shawn
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."