Author Topic: Take Inanimate Object  (Read 6518 times)

miriya

• Villain
  • Liked: 37
    • View Profile
Take Inanimate Object
« on: July 25, 2014, 03:20:44 AM »
I've played through as the sorcerer, and I never found where the take inanimate object spell was supposed to be used.  Every time I cast it, the narrator told me there wasn't anything I even wanted.  There's only one screen I encountered where I got a message about something being attached, and that was it.  (I never figured out what that item was, though).  Does someone have a hint for what I missed?

Spoiler (hover to show)

Dutchman

Re: Take Inanimate Object
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 09:30:19 AM »
Cherubs' wings are pretty rubbish though. You might need a bigger angel.

I've tried take inanimate object on a certain item in the forest and it worked for me.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 01:36:27 PM »
I really wish this spell would work on Brattle's Fishing Pole.

Is it mainly meant to be used in thieving missions?

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Re: Take Inanimate Object
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 01:58:28 PM »
I really wish this spell would work on Brattle's Fishing Pole.

We've added several new uses for this spell that should hopefully make it feel more useful/fleshed out, including being able to get the fishing pole with it.  Update coming soon!  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

miriya

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 04:52:21 PM »

I've tried take inanimate object on a certain item in the forest and it worked for me.

Do you mean the south forest?  I tried it and got it to work after your suggestion, but it's not necessary.  I can just pick it up!

Were you actually able to get the cherub's wings?

miriya

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 05:05:07 PM »

I never got it to work during break-ins.  Is it tied to the thievery stat?

Dutchman

Re: Re: Re: Take Inanimate Object
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 07:12:56 AM »

Do you mean the south forest?  I tried it and got it to work after your suggestion, but it's not necessary.  I can just pick it up!

Were you actually able to get the cherub's wings?
No I meant somewhere near the farm.

And no, you don't get the cherub's wings. Think bigger. And whatever you do, don't blink.

Mright

• Recruit
  • Liked: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 01:01:55 PM »
I noticed that the spell wouldn't even work when I saw the item clearly sitting there. I tried to pick up a number of items that were just sitting there, I can't exactly remember which, but it never worked. I would have to walk over an pick them up by hand. What's the point of being a lazy wizard if I have to bend over...

miriya

• Villain
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Take Inanimate Object
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 08:55:42 PM »

And no, you don't get the cherub's wings. Think bigger. And whatever you do, don't blink.

Spoiler (hover to show)
I'm still trying to figure out what it is that the spell is reacting to in the fountain scene when it says there's something I need that's either really stuck or attached to something.  Does anyone know?

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Take Inanimate Object
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 09:04:23 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out what it is that the spell is reacting to in the fountain scene when it says there's something I need that's either really stuck or attached to something.  Does anyone know?

It's probably the water lilly.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

miriya

• Villain
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Take Inanimate Object
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 02:11:51 AM »

It's probably the water lilly.

It could be, but I continue to get the message after I've gotten the water lily.  Also the message has REALLY all in caps as though this is something that's firmly attached.  A water lily stem isn't that strong, is it?  Considering there's a bug with
Spoiler (hover to show)
as a sorcerer in the current release, could there be a problem with the message for the spell at the fountain as well?

Dutchman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Take Inanimate Object
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 02:08:28 PM »

Spoiler (hover to show)
You can also
Spoiler (hover to show)
Also, [spoiler: the angel statue in the graveyard.