Author Topic: What class do you want to play most?  (Read 11395 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
What class do you want to play most?
« on: January 31, 2013, 08:37:08 PM »
For me, gotta be the Rogue.  I also loved busting into houses in QFG, looting them, then getting a gang of loot really easily.  You know for sure I want to rob everything down to the nails in Rayford's home.  Only thing that sucked was the limited amount of houses you could usually loot.

Games like Skyrim offer a potentially unlimited amount of thieving but, usually the downside to that was that the value of what you steal is usually far less than one of the targets in QFG.

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
Re: What class do you want to play most?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:23:58 PM »
I'm always a big fan of the magic-using classes because even a small number of spells can provide a large variety of ways to do things. I'm always confused about why people play through games like Demon's Souls, Fable, or the Quest for Glory series without magic.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 08:00:11 PM »
It could be for roleplaying or challenge perhaps?  I always liked having a character have all the skills possible in the game.  Call me a munchkin but I always wanted to be able to do everything and be the toughest guy around  Though that would make things kinda easy, but it's also fun you know?  I'll rob a Kobold blind while he's asleep, then wake him up and kick his ass just for the hell of it! :P

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »
I personally liked each class in QFG for different reasons.  A hybrid character was fun to play, but I feel it takes away replay value.  By playing the pure classes you have to do things differently each time.  Made the games basically 3 times the value. 
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 11:13:33 PM »
Right now I'm building up a hybrid with all the mage spells so I can import him into QFG5 as a kind of Superman. ;)  I forget how many unique spells are in QFG4 but, from what i've read if you switch over classes when importing to 5, they lose a ton of abilities so it's not worth it to. (I may just keep my Paladin from 3 to import over, and create a seperate mage-only)

Years later, when I replay it again, I'll try next time as a thief-mage hybrid who hates fighting. :)

Than1134

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 04:55:41 PM »
Rogue. I love QFG and play through the series about once a month.  I love whats being done with this project new quest for glory but this time im a dick instead of a hero Hell Yeah!

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 06:04:16 PM »
Hmm... I'm almost leaning to playing as a Mage, just because you can tell by the way he handles himself that Prospero is like some kind of a magical pimp.

The thieves so far look like a bunch of sniveling cowards, while Kurdt and the brigands look like swaggering badasses.... plus they got whores!  And they mock the thieves as getting punier jobs than they do.

I'll probably do a "pure bastard" thief run, and then a "somewhat-good" (or as good as you can be in a game where you seek infamy) Mage run.  Or.... I don't know.  If the thieves get badass after meeting the boss, I'll stick with them but if not, I'll go with Prospero.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 12:37:09 AM »
I'll just say that the brigand is SO much more than just an "evil" version of the fighter.  We've got some fun stuff planned for that class.  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 06:04:38 PM »
Being a chick, I've never been much of a fan of the fighting (brigand) class.  The magic user is interesting, but my absolute favorite is always the thief.  (Some would argue that might be because women like to take all your money??  Hah. (kidding)).  Really I like to play the "bad" guy because in most games you have to be the "hero" and well, that's kinda dull.  I have to be nice in real life, so enough already!  ;)

Plus as the other two classes you can't break into poor, defenseless people's houses and that's always been my favorite part of the entire game.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 06:06:45 PM »
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Gonchi

• Recruit
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 09:57:04 PM »
I don't really know. I will certainly get around to completing the game with each class, but as for which one I'll start with... in Quest for Glory I started out with the Thief, so the Rogue I guess. We'll see.

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 10:43:52 PM »
I'm going to play a thief specifically just so I can rob Rayford.  As much hatred as the PC shows for Rayford and his home, it seems all but inevitable that robbing Rayford would be "the big score." (unless you can rob the king's castle)

In any case, I want to rob him blind.

Prospero isn't a thief or brigand, so maybe? he isn't evil.  My "not-so-evil" character will be a mage then.

Jerminator

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 11:04:58 PM »
As for me, I always prefer stealth tactics rather than going in balls out. I'll probably go with the rogue class. Even though Prospero is my favorite in game character (besides Jan and his rolls of love). Seeing the game develop though, all the classes will be balanced in the way Roehm accomplishes his goal. So it's a really tough choice!

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 11:22:01 PM »
Oh, Prospero's a bastard all right.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 11:45:13 PM »
I figured as much, I guess he's no Erasmus.  Oh well, at least he looks interesting.

I thought it'd be fun if he also turned out to be the Chief Thief but then again, that would make make him pretty overpowered. :P

I'm going to guess the Chief Thief is that German alchemist guy, and his whole "goofy lovable idiot" schtick is a disguise.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 11:49:53 PM »
Heh, wrong on both accounts.  I gotta tell you, you've got some way out there theories!  I'm enjoying reading them, because I know everything.  Heheh.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 12:55:22 AM »
Spoilers!!!
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

DeadSuperHero

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 01:08:18 PM »
I'm looking forward to being a Mage. It was always one of my favorite classes in the QFG series. I hope Roehm gets a chance to cast some truly nasty curses on people.

Any chance the Mage will have to go to something like WIT in a future Quest for Infamy title? ;)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 01:40:06 PM »
It's be known as S.H.I.T.

Sorceror's something something something.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 03:15:34 PM »

C'mon, man.

If you're gonna be crude and crass, at last make an attempt at following through with a punchline -- even if it's really lame...

Here's one off the top of my head:

"Sorcerer's Hand In Treachery."

So, there you go -- and you're welcome.   ;)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »
It's called N.O.

"Necromancers Only."

Bt

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 05:17:05 PM »
It's called N.O.

"Necromancers Only."

Bt

I foresee an Abbott-and-Costello "Who's On First"-like routine in the near future:

Roehm: "Can I join into Necromancers Only?"

Prospero: "NO?"

Roehm: "But I really want to!"

Prospero: " 'You really want to' what?"

Roehm: "Find the entrance to Necromancers Only"

Prospero: "You mean NO?"

Roehm: "I mean yes!"

Prospero: "NO?  You may join us."

Roehm: " 'No, I may join you?'  Isn't that the same as 'yes, I CAN'T join you' ?"

...after several confusing minutes...

Roehm: "Ah, forget it !!!  I'll be a brigand instead -- what's the quickest way back to the bar ?"

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 05:18:15 PM »
It's called N.O.

"Necromancers Only."

Bt

I foresee an Abbott-and-Costello "Who's On First"-like routine in the near future:

Roehm: "Can I join into Necromancers Only?"

Prospero: "NO?"

Roehm: "But I really want to!"

Prospero: " 'You really want to' what?"

Roehm: "Find the entrance to Necromancers Only"

Prospero: "You mean NO?"

Roehm: "I mean yes!"

Prospero: "NO?  You may join us."

Roehm: " 'No, I may join you?'  Isn't that the same as 'yes, I CAN'T join you' ?"

...after several confusing minutes...

Roehm: "Ah, forget it !!!  I'll be a brigand instead -- what the quickest way back to the bar ?"

Hahaha...best post of the day.  You win.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 05:26:10 PM »
Goatmeal For The Win!

Bt

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 01:28:49 AM »

Southern Highlands  Institute of Thaumatology

And the class I'd most like to see is the Sorcerer, though I usually perfer to play with a multiclass hybrid character.
When you're a farrier you need to know these things