Author Topic: How evil can I be in this game?  (Read 4697 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
How evil can I be in this game?
« on: January 29, 2013, 11:18:42 PM »
I'm curious but how evil can you ultimately be in this game?

Is it going to be something like what Evilquest was?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: How evil can I be in this game?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:19:55 PM »
No - nothing like that.  You don't play a straight up evil character in the game - more of a morally gray character.  Ultimately, he's out for what's best for himself - not to simply cause wanton destruction.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 11:21:06 PM »
It'd be nice if it was like Overlord 1 where you can play as someone who is either (mostly) a good guy, or have him act like Satan incarnate.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 11:25:36 PM »
Hah - heh, yeah - our character is definitely more of a human than the protagonist in Overlord.  I mean, you can do some things that are pretty "dickish", but out-and out chaos and destruction?  He doesn't have the time or the energy for that.  Do you know exhausting genocide is?  Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 11:31:48 PM »
Genocide's only effective for a king conquering new territories or trying to deal with rebels- even then, enslaving them or at least using them as serfs is more profitable.  ;D

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 11:32:39 PM »
Far more profitable.

Bt

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 12:31:19 AM »
Something we discussed many years ago was the nature of evil and the fact that evil is really insanity. And putting that into a game becomes problematic when also trying to tell a story. Our guy is more like Tony Soprano, if he just walked into Volksville and killed Rayford, turned over all the tables in the place and looted every store, then there wouldn't be much story to tell. Roehm is not above killing people, but it needs to do something for him. Tony Soprano would kill someone, but only if they got in his way to making more money.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 08:35:36 PM »
Something we discussed many years ago was the nature of evil and the fact that evil is really insanity. And putting that into a game becomes problematic when also trying to tell a story. Our guy is more like Tony Soprano, if he just walked into Volksville and killed Rayford, turned over all the tables in the place and looted every store, then there wouldn't be much story to tell. Roehm is not above killing people, but it needs to do something for him. Tony Soprano would kill someone, but only if they got in his way to making more money.

That kind of makes sense.  Even if you did all that, the king would send in an army I guess, so you'd have to be more clever doing your business.