Author Topic: Minor bug with Rayford on Day 3  (Read 4303 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
Minor bug with Rayford on Day 3
« on: July 17, 2014, 11:32:46 PM »
It mentions on day 3 that Rayford wants to see you and "best not to keep him waiting, he's a bastard that gets easily annoyed."

Being as I'm an Asshole in this quest, I decided to wait a full day and see him.  He mentions the "fight with Gorth yesterday" although that was two days ago.  I was hoping to score some Infamy points by annoying him, or get a death sequence by having him kill me for disrespecting him.  Ah well.

A simple solution would be to auto-set Roehm meeting up with Rayford, or add in a reaction from him if you keep him waiting.

(Playing through the second time I'm experimenting with stuff I didn't do the first time through.)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Minor bug with Rayford on Day 3
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 11:35:32 PM »
Having him say "the other day" instead of "yesterday" would also solve it.  I like the idea of him commenting on keeping you waiting if you don't do it that day though.  Nice thought.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Mright

• Recruit
  • Liked: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 11:44:46 PM »
is this a bug?

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 11:50:53 PM »
That depends on your interpretation of what a "bug" is. In my view it's an in-game logic issue, a bug is where something is broken. It doesn't make much sense for Rayford to say that but it doesn't make the game unplayable or show an error on screen (like walking through something he should walk around for example).

Either way though, it's something that we'll address in v1.1!!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 02:53:46 AM »
Sweet!  Any bonus goodies for finding bugs?  ;D

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 03:03:47 AM »
Sweet!  Any bonus goodies for finding bugs?  ;D

You mean our appreciation (and secret scorn) isn't enough?  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 03:11:26 AM »
I'm just like Roehm!  If you can get something out of doing something you enjoy, then why not?

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 06:17:24 PM »
I meant I'm just like Roehm, NOT Rayford, lol.  Had to correct that.

Anyway, please don't get too offended- deliberately finding ways to try and "break" games and seek out bugs is just something a player does sometimes when they get bored or want to try new things.  Usually players do that on their 2nd+ playthroughs.  They know everything that happens and try to get around that as much as they can to see what the results of that are.

miriya

• Villain
  • Liked: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 12:31:46 AM »

Aww, I hope you guys aren't too upset with the bugs we've found.  I'm having so much fun replaying the game and trying different things.  It's very rewarding having specific responses and surprise outcomes for trying things that in most other games would simply give the standard "you can't do that" response.  I'm quite impressed with how much you all thought to include.  It really does feel like three games in one!

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 12:42:25 AM »

Aww, I hope you guys aren't too upset with the bugs we've found.  I'm having so much fun replaying the game and trying different things.  It's very rewarding having specific responses and surprise outcomes for trying things that in most other games would simply give the standard "you can't do that" response.  I'm quite impressed with how much you all thought to include.  It really does feel like three games in one!

I was just kidding, of course.  It's actually super helpful having people posting all these.  In a non-linear game with this large a world and this many variables, it's pretty much inevitable that there are things we didn't catch.  We're working on a patch/update to fix all issues that have been brought up, as well as address a few other things we had in mind.  You guys' bug posts directly contribute to the strength of the update, so keep them coming if you find more!  No worries!  :)