Author Topic: Gnoll question  (Read 9274 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
Gnoll question
« on: July 12, 2014, 10:13:36 PM »
I'm kind worried this might be a case of "The final puzzle in LSL 2 EGA" so I'm just going to ask it....  I still count this as hardcore mode though, since this looks like a bug.

I have EVERY item from the tobacco shop.  I've talked to the fat adventurer dude about gnolls, read about them liking smokes at the library, and exhausted all conversation options with the gnoll.

He won't accept any of my items, and only says "I don't want that shit" if I try to give him a cigar.  The other options yell at me to try talking to him more. but I only have 4 conversation topics that I've exhausted with him.

Did I just encounter a bug or something?

Or do I need to keep exploring to find something else to give him? 

I don't need the exact answer to the puzzle, I just want to know if the tobacco shop has what I need to solve it and if I'm just trapped cause of a bug or something, cause the game seems to suggest that I have exactly what he wants.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Gnoll question
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 10:20:15 PM »
I'm kind worried this might be a case of "The final puzzle in LSL 2 EGA" so I'm just going to ask it....  I still count this as hardcore mode though, since this looks like a bug.

I have EVERY item from the tobacco shop.  I've talked to the fat adventurer dude about gnolls, read about them liking smokes at the library, and exhausted all conversation options with the gnoll.

He won't accept any of my items, and only says "I don't want that shit" if I try to give him a cigar.  The other options yell at me to try talking to him more. but I only have 4 conversation topics that I've exhausted with him.

Did I just encounter a bug or something?

Or do I need to keep exploring to find something else to give him? 

I don't need the exact answer to the puzzle, I just want to know if the tobacco shop has what I need to solve it and if I'm just trapped cause of a bug or something, cause the game seems to suggest that I have exactly what he wants.

Spoiler (hover to show)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 10:24:42 PM »
Okay, that makes sense.  I'm actually looking for that 2nd crest piece right now, stuck on the jelly cube. (I think I can figure that one out on my own, but I'm not above the QFI hintline if I absolutely have to.)

I still think puzzle's still pretty confusing though.

Maybe if it said something like, "You get the impression that this might be a good idea but this isn't the right time for this," would be nice to implement in a future patch. :)

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 10:29:24 PM »
Did the QFI Hintline make it in game?
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 10:31:26 PM »
Do you
Spoiler (hover to show)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 12:20:42 AM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 12:29:28 AM »
One last question- where do I go with that damned necklace?

That damned bitch in the green bikini basically told me to "wear it everywhere in the game until something happens."

:(

I already have explored everywhere in the game that I can so far- I did that in case I needed something to kill the jelly monster. (which I just did)  I may be hardcore but I don't want to spend 60 minutes walking into every area in the game again since that's basically the puzzle according to her.

I'm going to talk to that wizard guy for now.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Re: Gnoll question
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 12:34:54 AM »
One last question- where do I go with that damned necklace?

That damned bitch in the green bikini basically told me to "wear it everywhere in the game until something happens."

:(

I already have explored everywhere in the game that I can so far- I did that in case I needed something to kill the jelly monster. (which I just did)  I may be hardcore but I don't want to spend 60 minutes walking into every area in the game again since that's basically the puzzle according to her.

I'm going to talk to that wizard guy for now.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 12:37:41 AM »
Ah thank you.  Since this was just a "explore everything" puzzle, I had no trouble asking.

Well, my hardcore (minus getting answers to a pseudo-bug and saving an hour of walking everywhere) quest continues!  :D

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 12:46:29 AM »
Can you be more specific about where in the woods?  I keep hearing harp sound effects, but i'm unsure if that's necklace-related.  So it's just east of dead helmet guy?

Also, I may have skipped over the narrator's dialogue and I'm not sure if it'll come back again if I'm in the right area.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 12:48:30 AM »
Can you be more specific about where in the woods?  I keep hearing harp sound effects, but i'm unsure if that's necklace-related.  So it's just east of dead helmet guy?

Also, I may have skipped over the narrator's dialogue and I'm not sure if it'll come back again if I'm in the right area.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 12:58:08 AM »
I think there's another bug cause I only see the narrator message if I use the hand icon on the giant rock.  Even reloading to just before I get the necklace from green bikini girl (one of my favorite colors) it still doesn't pop up.

Oh, and thanks for all the responses. :)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 01:01:02 AM »
Ah crap, I'm getting that "you have to find something or someone else" message when I put the necklace on the rock.

Is this another thing like with the gnoll where it won't let you do it until you've done something else?

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 01:13:22 AM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 01:16:38 AM »
Yes I did.  I'm wearing the necklace.  I actually left the screen, removed it, then put it on back again before going to the log-rock.

Wait, did I just encounter some kind of bug?

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 01:27:19 AM »
Okay, I think I'm good to go!

I kinda ignored the old gypsy fart's "stone" remark earlier since I thought it was a reference to where the first crest piece is, but I now understand what he's talking about. :)

You guys are cryptic/vague with your answers, lol.  Nintendo Hotline used to be the same sometimes. :)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 01:40:47 AM »
Well you DID say you wanted to be hardcore!  ;)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 01:44:06 AM »
I did, aye.

The ideal solution for the gnoll would be to be able to give him tobacco early, but for him to say something like.

"If you ever need a favor that only I can grant, and not any of my treasure, I'll be happy to help you."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 06:20:11 AM »
I did, aye.

The ideal solution for the gnoll would be to be able to give him tobacco early, but for him to say something like.

"If you ever need a favor that only I can grant, and not any of my treasure, I'll be happy to help you."

That's not a bad idea.  We'll look at again when we do our next update--we've got a few things to patch anyway.  Thanks for the suggestion!