Author Topic: Pulsing, pounding work  (Read 8165 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Pulsing, pounding work
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:51:17 PM »
Hey guys,

Bt here.

Just posting a little bit about the pulsing, pounding work going on here at IQ on Quest For Infamy.

Seriously - the team has been cranking out the art and animations for the game like crazy.  It's insane, really.  We're also putting all the ducks in a row and getting the programming done for the new Demo V 2.0 - which will be released in December for all the current backers of Quest For Infamy.  It will be released later for the general public.

I've attached here some of the promotional shots that we've released from Quest For Infamy so far, for anyone who may have missed them.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
Re: Pulsing, pounding work
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »
I said this on Facebook and I'll say it again here.  Amazing artwork.  Major props to the team.  I so look forward to playing Demo v2.0.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 09:49:10 PM »
Highly impressed, Bt.  Is it Jerm or Lamb that we have to thank for those backgrounds?
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 09:53:17 PM »
A bit of everyone, actually.  The one on the bottom is mine, though Jerm and I passed it back and forth a couple times.  The graveyard is Ivan's, the screen above that with the tree stumps is Fizzii's, though the initial sketch for the screen layout was done by me, and the one at the very top from the demo is Jerm's, with a new pass-over by Fizzii to better connect it to some of the new areas she's done.  Almost all backgrounds have had input from various people in the group, even if there was only one principle artist.  There's a lot of great collaboration that goes on with the art stuff around here.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 10:05:15 PM »
Wow, I wish you would do crew bios (like the intro videos during the Kickstarter), so we could meet Fizzii and Ivan.  I don't even know who they are (though, I've seen Fizzii's work on other amazing AGS games).  Hell, the backers have never really "met" you, Lamb!
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 10:30:20 PM »
Heh - yeah, we'll have interviews with the new members of the art team in the backer's forum - opening at the end of this month!  They're all amazing people.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Monster

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 12:38:48 AM »
This is great stuff.  Hearing some of the details of production is really nice, too.

Thanks for sharing!

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 01:44:12 AM »
Heh - yeah, we'll have interviews with the new members of the art team in the backer's forum - opening at the end of this month!  They're all amazing people.

Bt

That's great to hear, both about the backer's forum opening up this month and hearing from the new members of the team.  Everyone seems so excited and that tends to be rather infectious.

Jerminator

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 03:10:09 AM »
Yeah, it's truly amazing the amount of talent we have on board here. Each screen get's touched by every member of the art team in some way. Be it painting, sketching, or some type of positive input to bring it to the next level. It's awesome!

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 07:57:24 PM »
Hey friends! Recently, I was asked about some of the content of the game, Quest For Infamy.  This was my response - I hope it gives a little more insight into game content.

"I'm trying not to give too many plot spoilers away - but I can tell you that we've been designing branch plot discussions between you and the characters - and that you have a skill akin to "charisma" that really effects how some people talk/deal with you. You actions in the game help shape the nature of that "charisma" skill - and because of that, there's many ways to deal with situations - usually like a middle of the road way, a "clever" and skillful way, and a "right bastard" way.... the more notoriety and "infamy" you game, people will treat you differently.

Now - because we raised money to add extra content, the size of the game expanded quite a bit - and we've delayed the release of the game to (projected) Q2 2013 now. But, to keep all you backers in the loop, and to have some fun - we are releasing Demo 2.0 for you all to play with. It features more areas to explore, an enhanced combat engine, more characters, an improved GUI... so you can get a feel for how the game is going."

I hope this little bit of insight is interesting to you!  As always, any questions - feel free to ask!

Bt

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 09:08:17 PM »
It sucks that the game has been pushed so far back, but I expected a delay in release anyway.  At least we'll have Demo2.0 to salivate over while we wait.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 10:21:59 PM »
Yeah - I'd say the extra content and areas are worth it, though.  I've been talking with Klytos about this diabolical side-quest you have to do - it's a lot of fun, a little ghoulish, and it's going to be awesome to play through.  It's just one of many things we now have in the game.

Bt

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 01:36:04 AM »
Every time I read one of your updates describing all of these new & improved elements to the game, I just get kinda giddy.  A "charisma" attribute! IMHO, that is (for lack of a better term) just badass.  (Can't wait to tell someone to piss off just because, hey, today I'm a jerk!  ;))   And of course will also make the game even MORE replayable. 

ALL of these drawings are beautiful.  You guys are incredibly talented & I'm proud to be backing your game.   :)

Sarah