Author Topic: Crash outside law school at night  (Read 3098 times)

Browncoat Jayson

• Recruit
  • Liked: 7
    • View Profile
    • Digital Lycaeum
Crash outside law school at night
« on: July 13, 2014, 12:14:18 AM »
When entering the grounds outside of the law school at night from the fountain plaza, running, as a Sorcerer, I get a scripting error:

An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS. (ACI version 3.3.0.1160) in "room150.asc", line 236, Error: MoveCharacter: character not in current room

I've been playing since downloading from Steam yesterday.
Join me in New Britannia!

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Crash outside law school at night
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 12:17:48 AM »
Is this Act 1, 2, or 3, and have you been to the screen before?  Also, does it only happen when you're running?  Just want to get a little more info to try and narrow things down and figure it out.  Thanks for the heads up!  We'll get to the bottom of this one asap.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Browncoat Jayson

• Recruit
  • Liked: 7
    • View Profile
    • Digital Lycaeum
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 12:35:30 AM »
Its Act I, and I had been there during the day without issue. Does not seem to matter what movement mode I'm in.

I have a savegame in the screen next to it, if that is helpful.
Join me in New Britannia!

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 12:39:12 AM »
We've figured it out, actually--thanks for specifying though.  Luckily, there's nothing you actually need on this screen until Act III, and the issue shouldn't happen in that act based on the current code.  This'll be fixed in the next update.  For now, just avoid this scene until you need to go there in Act III, and you should be fine.  Again, thanks for the heads up--these reports are invaluable to us!
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 10:53:42 AM »
Yeah, thanks Jayson! I have already programmed the fix - it happens randomly, but when updated it shouldn't be a problem! And thanks for all the support you've given QFI and us, I'm always seeing you retweeting on Twitter.  It means a lot.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."