Author Topic: Behind the waterfall  (Read 8648 times)

marlalee

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Behind the waterfall
« on: July 16, 2014, 10:11:26 PM »
Hey guys, can someone help me out here? I'm trying to give the gnoll the
Spoiler (hover to show)
but it says "you should talk to him more before making a deal". I have already talked to him and gone through all the options. Any suggestions?

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
Re: Behind the waterfall
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 10:26:27 PM »
Hey guys, can someone help me out here? I'm trying to give the gnoll the
Spoiler (hover to show)
but it says "you should talk to him more before making a deal". I have already talked to him and gone through all the options. Any suggestions?

Spoiler (hover to show)
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 10:37:11 PM »
If you haven't asked the gnoll about a specific plot-important THING (that you're searching for 4 pieces of,) you can't make a deal with him via pipe & tobacco.  Roehm has to find out that the gnoll has what he wants first.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

marlalee

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 10:56:52 PM »
I asked him about the
Spoiler (hover to show)
. Do I need to do something else first?

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 11:12:46 PM »
Which kind of tobacco do you have?  I'm not actually sure it makes a difference, but I've always just bought the brown leaf tobacco and the pipe, given him the pipe first, then the tobacco.  From what you're saying it sounds like you've done everything you need to do before giving him that stuff.

Which class are you?  If you're a sorcerer, there is an alternative option for getting the seal piece, if you magically scare him.

Also, have you confronted Hummel about his family history and shown him his father's diary yet?  This is the only thing I can think of that might be preventing this from working (in which case, this is something we may have to address in our patch.)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

marlalee

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 11:19:16 PM »
I tried every kind of tobacco available in the smoke shop, as well as giving him the pipe first. They all give the same response, that I should talk to him more before making a deal.

I am a rogue. No haven't tried talking to Hummel about that yet, will give it a shot.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 11:55:17 PM »
If you've
Spoiler (hover to show)
This is probably the root of the issue, in which case we'll have to adjust when that dialog option shows up for the gnoll in our next update.  Let me know if giving the gnoll the pipe and tobacco works after you've had that conversation with Hummel.

Browncoat Jayson

• Recruit
  • Liked: 7
    • View Profile
    • Digital Lycaeum
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 12:32:29 AM »
I just ran through this as a brigand, and its possible that you can't give the pipe/tobacco to the gnoll until you find out the gnoll is bored (and cranky).

Spoiler (hover to show)

See if that is what is missing.
Join me in New Britannia!

marlalee

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 09:03:46 PM »
Thanks for your help, talking to Hummel and showing him the diary worked.  ;D

marlalee

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »
Oh another thing, I noticed recently that I don't get notifications anymore when my skills increase. They still increase, just no notification. I have the GOG version. Please let me know if there is somewhere I should submit the issue.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Re: Behind the waterfall
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 11:26:55 PM »
Oh another thing, I noticed recently that I don't get notifications anymore when my skills increase. They still increase, just no notification. I have the GOG version. Please let me know if there is somewhere I should submit the issue.

Do you have a saved game from some point after you noticed the banners not working?  If you could send one to us, it'd help us get to the bottom of the issue.  On Windows machines, saves can usually be found by default in Users/Saved Games/Quest for Infamy.  You can also search for the file extension .ags

If you can email the saved game to info@infamous-quests.com with a note about the issue, that would be super helpful!  Thanks!

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 07:25:38 AM »
It's okay - we've already fixed the banner issue for the update!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Sweeny03

• Recruit
  • Liked: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 09:21:52 PM »
I am stuck on the waterfall section too. 

Where do you find the diary to show to Hummel?  I should be caught up with everything else 

Browncoat Jayson

• Recruit
  • Liked: 7
    • View Profile
    • Digital Lycaeum
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 09:26:30 PM »
The diary can be found in a place of the Hummel family. If you can't locate it, try speaking with the old gypsy at the Hermit Hideaway. Remember to bring a tool of the trade with you to get to it.
Spoiler (hover to show)
Join me in New Britannia!