Author Topic: I WON THE GAME!  (Read 5662 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
I WON THE GAME!
« on: July 13, 2014, 04:05:15 PM »
Playing as a Rogue, I won the game!

(spoilers within, beware all ye who enter)

This was AWESOME!

I love the ending and how he becomes something of an accidental hero.

THE GOOD

Lots of fun puzzles to solve and a great cast.  And HOLY CRAP THIS GAME IS FREAKISHLY HUGE!!!

The environments are well-done as well and the game seems to have a lot of charm and humor to it.

Definitely a worthy successor the Sierra of Olde.

THE BAD

The game has some freezing issues.  Also, there are some annoying bugs (not being able to give the gnoll tobacco early on in the game, the necklace refusing to work in the right area until you've gotten a letter or something) and the hint about "kept his secret in stone" possibly referring to the fireplace at the mansion which makes you think it was referring to a crest and not something else.  The puzzles associated with the green bikini babe are kind of annoying.  I also thought robbing the bank was a bit too easy.

Also, combat kinda gets easy once you learn how to spam the block command, and the "Bladearang", while awesome, is pretty overpowered.

I also kinda miss having limited stamina.

I really loved the game though, just cause the nitpicking section is larger don't get the impression I didn't.  Anyway, I give it a 9/10.  I really hope this sells a ton of copies and gets a nice sequel. :) How many do you need to sell to make one?  When will the sequel come out?  I just hope the sequel ups the combat significantly, gives more challenge/variety there, and gives you more stuff you can buy.  I know you guys seem to hate it, but QFG 2 VGA still is the best combat system of these games so far, imo.  It offers huge challenge options and an enormous list of things you can do to appeal to experts/hardcore players, and a difficult slider for the wee children who don't like those things. :)

Four questions-

Is there anything I can do with the Kraken Lung?

How do I cross the chasm to go fight the Necromancer?

Are there any consequences to robbing the bank?  I was afraid to rob it (despite the loot) not just cause it'd make things more boring but also because I thought it'd come back to bite me at some point.

What's the pin number to get inside of the bank vault?

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: I WON THE GAME!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 04:17:27 PM »

Four questions-

Is there anything I can do with the Kraken Lung?

How do I cross the chasm to go fight the Necromancer?

Are there any consequences to robbing the bank?  I was afraid to rob it (despite the loot) not just cause it'd make things more boring but also because I thought it'd come back to bite me at some point.

What's the pin number to get inside of the bank vault?

First of all, thanks for all the support and being a loyal fan these past two years!  We really appreciate it!  Glad you enjoyed the game, man.  :)

As to your questions:

Spoiler (hover to show)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 05:29:45 PM »
Ah I see.  I never would have figured that jumping thing out.

Why didn't I become a backer? :/

Well, could you guys at least do something like post a YT video showing what happens when someone successfully puts in a pin number?  You can censor the pin number being entered in (or skip over it) if you want.

Oh yeah, a pickpocket ability outside of shops in QFI 2 would be sweeeeet.

There's only one civy you can pick in the game. (the QFG guy)

Also, it'd be nice to some more reactions from the town to events in the game, like you see in QFG 4 and QFG 5 with the really annoyed bank teller.  I enjoyed the town discussing how you whooped Gorth's sorry arse.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 07:06:34 PM »
Where did you get the impression we hate QFG2VGA? I don't think that's true of anyone in the team, certainly not Steve and I.

Glad you liked the game overall. A couple of notes on your comments, I wouldn't call the gnoll or necklace issues "bugs" but game design choices. In a story driven game there's some key points the player needs to cover otherwise they're not going to understand the story and sometimes a designer has to force the player to hit those points. If we had allowed the player to use the necklace without making the connection to Jarrod Hummel it would have made zero sense when you finally got into the crypt and he came down, heh who's this guy and why's he stealing my gem? It's a balancing act mostly, but sometimes in a story driven format you have to connect the story pieces before you can move on.

As for the combat, I understand if you think it too easy, but other people have complained it's too hard! I'd personally have made it harder but it's also got to be accessible for pure adventure game fans who don't particularly like combat.

As I said though, glad you liked it!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 07:18:23 PM »
You're welcome.

I think someone said they didn't like the the combat system in QFG 2 VGA.  Sorry, misquoted that earlier.

The solution is simple- a difficulty slider.

The harder, the better!  Makes it more fun for the Hardcorers.

And offering a Baby Difficulty will let the whiners get through the combat too! :P   You could even do what ME 3 did.  Just don't make a bad ending in the sequel like they did. :P

Btw, what IS Blackthorne's Magic Bong anyway?  I'm curious as to the magical properties of a magical bong.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 07:25:17 PM »
You get high just looking at it.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 07:31:12 PM »
Oh, there are more pockets to pick.  You missed a lot of them.  You probably also missed houses to break into, eh?  There's a lot more stuff out there for you, Bad!!

Bt

tt612

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 07:41:46 PM »

I wanted to add my two cents on the battle system.

Overall, I agree that it should either be harder, or be given a harder setting, after all, there's an easy one. I think one of the main problems is that the current difficulty has been due more to the weapon hit % and how low (and slow) that is to raise. Even by the final battle, I only got it to 70 %
But ultimately, it didn't cause me a problem because of how trivial battles became as a sorcerer. Once I got nature's blessing and the speed bracelets, I never had a threatening battle.
I hope some of these critiques will help you in developing battle for QFI2. Loved the game, can't wait to see what you guys do next.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 07:45:15 PM »
You get high just looking at it.

Nah, that can't be it.  If that was true then that gnoll would be a lot less grumpy. ;)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 07:48:12 PM »
Oh, there are more pockets to pick.  You missed a lot of them.  You probably also missed houses to break into, eh?  There's a lot more stuff out there for you, Bad!!

Bt

Ah, I imagine my Thievery wasn't high enough for the hand icon to do that.  I didn't honestly know I could do that til I encountered the QFG Hero.  Perhaps I'll do a more complete Rogue quest at some point.  I definitely DID break into every house, since I wound up scoring the Achievement for that and 15 Infamy Points.  I knew playing as a Thief would let money never be an issue in the game. :)  Even without the bank, the money barely was a concern as a thief.

Btw, isn't it a bug that the drunk moron at the thieve's guild has infinite money you can pickpocket?

Than1134

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 10:34:13 PM »
I won the game for the third time today as a brigand ( I already played the other 2) i got 205 infamy points and the rank of total bastard. this is one of my new favorite games