Author Topic: SCI - Sierra Creative Interpreter Chat  (Read 3339 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
SCI - Sierra Creative Interpreter Chat
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:40:47 PM »
You know, seeing the release of this new game made in SCI, http://www.infamous-quests.com/forum/index.php?topic=831.0 - it's gotten me thinking about all the old tools that Sierra used to use in game creation.

I wonder if any are extant at all - on a disk somewhere, or an old hard-drive... I wonder what the original tools were like, compared to SCI studio... something I've always wondered about.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
Re: SCI - Sierra Creative Interpreter Chat
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 03:32:54 PM »
You rang? You had to know that this would catch my attention.

You can see the SCI0 VIEW editor here http://sciprogramming.com/community/index.php/topic,288.msg1315.html#msg1315

BTW, lance.ewing in that thread is the same one that created PicEdit for making AGI picture resources. He also ported it to Java a couple of years ago.

I also have some scans that I made from the Official Book of King's Quest that has some screenshots from their Pic editor. If I can find them, I'll post them.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 03:46:27 PM »
Yeah, I've seen that pic of someone working on CoC before! I was actually thinking of that photo when I wrote this.  I wish someone still had a copy of it.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 06:58:09 PM »
Here are a few of the screenshots. One of the VIEW editor and four of the PIC editor of the creation of the fisherman's shack from KQ4.