Author Topic: Why.... Blackthorne?  (Read 27401 times)

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Liked: 2
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
Re: Why.... Blackthorne?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2013, 05:30:21 PM »
My story is not that exciting. My name is Roger and XY is the male chromosome pair (loosely based on the TV show "Kyle XY")
You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it.

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »
I had a really hard time coming up with a handle for myself. I was originally Nifty on the AGDI boards (then Tierra). Or was it Shine64? Anyway, I wanted a music-oriented name and I couldn't think of a good one. I finally came up with MusicallyInspired as it has two meanings; I'm inspired to do things musically and also that music itself inspires me to do things (not necessarily music). I also thought it wasn't very obnoxious as I was saying I'm inspired musically and not skilled or anything. Didn't want to look stuck up, as I didn't have much confidence in myself back then. Somehow a few people still took it that way, though. Not that I really care. It's just a handle. I thought of changing it a few times, but it's become who I am now. I couldn't possibly change it. I've established myself as that now and everybody knows me everywhere I frequent by it.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2013, 08:43:46 PM »
Yeah, man! You're MI.  Which doesn't mean Monkey Island!!!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2013, 02:40:27 AM »
Hah yeah I'd often get confused when people were talking about Monkey Island in abbreviated form...

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2013, 05:48:04 AM »
Klytus is the evil Emperor Ming's ... I donno maybe chief badguy underling ... from Flash Gordon, the brilliant and yet also rather rubbish early 80's movie starring Sam Jones. I've used this since the late 90's, although originally I spelt it Klitos but that name was banned from some forums due to admins thinking it was a play on Clitoris. So I changed it and it actually brought it closer to the correct spelling from the movie.

The Emperor Ming: Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today?

Klytus: An obscure body in the S-K System, Your Majesty. The inhabitants refer to it as the planet Earth.

The Emperor Ming: How peaceful it looks.

Klytus: Most effective, Your Majesty. Will you destroy this ... Earth?

The Emperor Ming: Later. I like to play with thing a while before annihilation.

so if we're bored we tell you to find us some entertainment then.
When you're a farrier you need to know these things