Author Topic: What is your all Time favorite Sierra game?  (Read 5566 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
What is your all Time favorite Sierra game?
« on: April 24, 2013, 09:49:14 AM »
        What is your all time favorite Sierra game and why?  For this fan it is Space Quest 2. I also really enjoyed I.A.'S remake too!  As for what series I like the best it was Kings Quest.  That said I have enjoyed most of Sierra's games and own the originals too on floppy. :D
**********Chadly*********************

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
Re: What is your all Time favorite Sierra game?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 12:02:33 PM »
Space Quest I (EGA) holds a special place in my heart as the first game that I ever bought with my own allowance money.  The entire series just captivated me and holds up to this day.  The Leisure Suit Larry series (particularly number 3) comes in a very close second.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 12:26:02 PM »
Heh, I know how you feel, Serena.  King's Quest IV was the first game I bought with all my own money.  Every other game was bought for me, or someone else already had.

But I owned the box and EVERYTHING on old KQIV!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »
For me, Gabriel Knight 2 will always hold a special place in my heart.

As the worst adventure game I've ever played.  Utter dog shit.

Wait, what were we talking about?

Oh, right.  Hero's Quest, the best adventure game Sierra ever produced.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Liked: 2
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 02:27:22 PM »
"Leisure suit Larry 2" or "King's Quest IV" for nostalgic reasons.

But if I'm going to be sober and choose the best game without nostalgic reasons, I think "Leisure suit Larry 6" or "King's Quest VII"
You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 02:30:59 PM »
I'm at a tier with SpaceVenture where I get up to seven things signed by Mark and Scott and I'm making sure they get my Space Quest 1 stuff hit with their ol' Bill Shatners.  Especially the disks.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »
I'm at a tier with SpaceVenture where I get up to seven things signed by Mark and Scott and I'm making sure they get my Space Quest 1 stuff hit with their ol' Bill Shatners.  Especially the disks.

If they are 5¼" diskettes, make them sign on the magnetic media real tiny in silver ink at the write access slot, one side for each Guy from Andromeda...

If they are 3½" diskettes, make them open the shutter and sign!

janx

• Recruit
  • Liked: 27
  • Legends Never Sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 09:06:02 PM »
SQ2. It was the first Sierra game I ever played.
SQ3. First Sierra game I purchased with my own buckazoids.  Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders was my first ever game purchase.

I have a hard time splitting these 2 Sierra games (SQ2 because of nostalgia and SQ3 for being the best game I have ever played), so I am going to go sit on that fence way over there.
"Oh don't give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit.
No, don't you give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit.
For my head will fly, my tongue will lie, my eyes will fry and I may die.
Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 02:52:42 AM »
Only Lamb is right. Hero's Quest is the greatest game Sierra made.

If we were to go to series, I would say the Space Quest series were the best as they were all consistently good. Except the VGA remake of I. That was just crap. Crap on a stick.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 03:59:29 PM »
    Here's quest was indeed a great game. The original not the remake. Followed by QFG 2. Then four, five, and lastly 3 in that order of what I enjoyed.  They broke barriers in the whole RPGs/adventure game market. I will be curious to see how the Coles Hero U turns out. :)
**********Chadly*********************

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 04:34:57 PM »
I remember walking into a presentation at a computer show one year with my father for Hero's Quest.  I thought it was an awesome game and I wanted to play it.  It wasn't until much later that I actually got my hands on a copy.  Suffice it to say that I loved the hybrid style the Coles went for.

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 10:46:37 PM »
Part of me wants to go out on a limb and say Hunter Hunted. Just part.

The rest of me has to go with King's Quest VI. It edges out Space Quest V mainly due to the excellent voice work and the number of options available for solving the puzzles, and Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers because I found the world a bit more interesting than relatively true-to-life New Orleans - and because the transitions felt a bit less arbitrary. I gained a new appreciation for the former two due to the Let's Play process and exploring each one a bit more, but King's Quest VI just amazed me with the amount of extra dialogue and hilarious descriptions for doing things you'd never think of. (Unfortunately, I don't have any of those videos online anymore, but I suppose I could upload them to my Youtube account if there's any interest.) I did almost an entire video of just using every inventory object in the game on the guard dogs and Death because so many of them had unique responses. If any other Sierra game has that much depth, I never found it.

Honorable mention goes to Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist just for being awesome in general. I can't give it the victory because the CD version removed the truly excellent responses for using inventory items on each other in unexpected ways. Some of those interactions were even clues to puzzles.