Author Topic: Other Kickstarter Projects  (Read 61606 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Other Kickstarter Projects
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2013, 11:00:03 AM »
That is awesome, QFGFan

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »
A Vampyre Story: Year One is a humorous point-and-click adventure where you play as Mona De Laffite as she wanders Castle Warg and tries to escape it. It is a prequel to the original A Vampyre Story and it promises to tell the story leading up to it.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2013, 12:50:08 AM »
I found dreamfall to be wordier than GK but that's just me. I recently tried playing Sam and Max hit the road. Is it just me or was that game particularly difficult?

Hey there Quest For GLory Fan (or anyone who knows)!  May I ask, how did you get ahold of the old Sam & Max game?  If it's not on GoG then I'm pretty much crap outta luck getting those really old games to work on my computer (even with SCUMM or DosBox, etc...)  But I was just curious if there was a way (or place) to play or download it that I wasn't thinking of...

Sam & Max is one of the FEW old classic adventure games that I never got around to playing and I'd LOVE to be able to try it out!

~Sarah

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2013, 01:07:58 AM »
Basically, your options are ebay or abandonware.  And you'll have to do some digging to find it via the latter route.  Good thing we don't have mongoloid mods who ban at the mere mention of piracy here.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 727
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2013, 07:59:08 AM »
Basically, your options are ebay or abandonware.  And you'll have to do some digging to find it via the latter route.  Good thing we don't have mongoloid mods who ban at the mere mention of piracy here.
Exactly. It's the right owner's fault, if they don't provide any other options rather than pirating their game, IMO.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2013, 12:24:11 PM »
Anyway, back to the original question by janx - it's easier to name the games that I haven't been playing recently...

You know, there are about 50 games in my steam library and 20 games on GoG.com that I haven't even tried yet! Mostly because I don't have enough time for that. Especially now, since I'm having exams during the nearest two or three weeks.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".

SarahLiz

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2013, 03:25:38 PM »

(Sorry to veer back to my issue again)...but just wanted to say I found a great site at THE INTERWEBS AND STUFF where you can pay a very tiny one-time fee (well, it's for 30 days anyway), and they have HUNDREDS of old classic adventure games to download--that actually will run on newer systems!  That abandonware site & others like it usually do not end up being able to run on my computer.  So I'm finally gonna get to play both Sam n' Max AND replay some goodies that I've never been able to ever replay...Dagger of Amon Ra, Freddy Pharkas, Discworld, Sherlock Holmes, Ecoquest, Full Throttle...woo!!!!  I'm in heaven...as antsy as I've been for QFI to be completed, this will definitely help to tide me over. 

Ok, rambling done.  It's just really cool.  Ha-- I am sounding so NOT cool.   ::)

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2013, 03:32:19 PM »
Funnily enough, THE INTERWEBS AND STUFF (which is basically a Russian analog of the English one) is completely free, hehe. But you'll need google translate or something to use it. And yeah, they only post games that are abandoned by their right owners, and thus it's not piracy (from my point of view).
Figured I should mention that some of the games from the Russian web-site are only considered abandonware on Russian territory (because they've never been published here). So I'd recommend to make sure the games aren't available on steam/gog.com etc. before downloading them from there.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2013, 06:07:56 PM »
Awesome!  I've got to check out that site.  There's plenty of old adventures that I never got the chance to play that haven't been released on Steam or GoG yet.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2013, 06:49:10 PM »
Haven't been playing too many games lately...

In an effort to put off the impending eventuality that is Windows 8 (Yuck!  :P), I finally broke down and bought a maxed-out Windows 7 PC.  I now have the fun of getting it operational, transferring 11 years-worth of files and programs from my current machine: a Pentium 4 / 2.4 GHz XP computer from 2002 (which was pretty much maxed out for its time).

Aside from waiting for various Kickstarter games from ex-Sierra peeps and IQ & AGDI, I am looking forward to replaying games from the last 5-10 years with the graphics settings maxed out, which I certainly couldn't do with my old machine (which uses an AGP graphics card)...

Half-Life 2, I'm looking at you!   :D

Quest For Glory Fan

• Super Fan and Wonder Boy
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2013, 11:13:24 AM »
I found dreamfall to be wordier than GK but that's just me. I recently tried playing Sam and Max hit the road. Is it just me or was that game particularly difficult?

Hey there Quest For GLory Fan (or anyone who knows)!  May I ask, how did you get ahold of the old Sam & Max game?  If it's not on GoG then I'm pretty much crap outta luck getting those really old games to work on my computer (even with SCUMM or DosBox, etc...)  But I was just curious if there was a way (or place) to play or download it that I wasn't thinking of...

Sam & Max is one of the FEW old classic adventure games that I never got around to playing and I'd LOVE to be able to try it out!

~Sarah

I had a copy of the Lucas Arts Archives for most of my old games but i prefer to do a lot of my pointing and my clicking on the mac these days. I found a really cool way to do it too. KLYTOS IS GREAT Anyways if one were to type in BUY QUEST FOR INFAMY TWICE, they'd see some scoundrel has actually wine wrapped a TON (and I mean atleast 200) 90s games of all genres from Day of the Tentacle to Simcity2000 to work on OSX. There's more LA than Sierra in there which is great because GoG is mostly sierra and not so much Lucas Arts.

SarahLiz

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2013, 04:30:44 PM »
That's really cool news for all you Mac users, thanks QFGFan!

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2013, 06:31:59 PM »
Now on Indigogo: Fleish & Cherry in Crazy Hotel by Red Little House Studios
"Do you pine for the good ol’ days when cartoons were in black and white? Are you a fan of adventure games? Well, that answer is obvious if you’re already here. Fleish and Cherry looks like it will be a nice trip down memory lane all wrapped up in an interactive action-adventure story. With a twist. Instead of the traditional “damsel-in-distress” plotline, the male lead is instead the one captured and the heroine has to step in to save him."

Quest For Glory Fan

• Lackey
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2013, 11:33:17 PM »
That's really cool news for all you Mac users, thanks QFGFan!

that's not to say it doesn't also work for the PC but you have to DOSbox em yourself in most cases.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2013, 07:28:44 PM »
Hey guys, just a heads-up that I edited a few posts above to remove some links. While my personal point of view says "go for it!" because they're simply not available anywhere else, the reality is that these games are owned by someone and unlike a trademark, they don't slip into public domain just because they're old or not available to purchase.

So we can't allow links to pirated software on IQ.

Thanks for being awesome!

Shawn
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."