Author Topic: Character disscusion QFI 1.  (Read 6823 times)

roeadventue32

• Villain
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
Character disscusion QFI 1.
« on: May 07, 2015, 08:32:58 AM »
Character disscusion QFI 1.

My favorite characters where of course the protaginist, not to mention some of the supporting cast. I liked lady kibble best of the females, followed by Kay. Dr Frank and the Mayor where fun to listen too. I would like to see lady Kibble and Dr frank given a exspanded part in qfi 2 if the Devs agree. Or at least a cameo.

I also like Volaris, fairly well.  I liked the brig girl, I too like mr. roe respected her.

Ina was the farmers ''innkeepers'' daughter. Whats to say about that? She was sort of pretty and warm to roe, but I got the impression she was pretty much to every guy in town, so that did not really mean much.

I did not like swart. Yet that is nothing personal, I just dont like that character type, like I dont like country western music and such.

I did not like udo. He was sterotypical annoying. This was intinsfied by the narrator comments about him...and the fact you could do nothing aginst him, not even steal like the other shopkeepers. He seemed singled out. Also like he was passively goading the player.

I loved the Narrator though, my top 3 narrators are, the quy from heir today gone tommorow, qfg 4 in mordovia, the Qfi narrator, and the lesire suit larry remake guy.

Armand was pretty cool too...and jerod, named as my bob tail cat whom I love. I liked the gnoll too. Cute.

I once felt bad about burning the trents and such and gave pinecone, but once I saw what the treants would do to roe if he really tried to walk buy, well I burn them everytime now.

I thought the skinny one sounded a bit like stck in the mud so I Liked them at first though. Apearences can be misleading though, they are really pysco talisman trees really. Arshole condesending treants. Considering what they do there simi freindly banter is all the more disturbing for it. Burn away guys.

I liked the Morroi vocies and severn too.

I liked the wandering townspeople and the respect they showed Mr. Roehm.

It made me feel obliged to save them from rayford.
I am a one note man, I play it all I can.

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
Re: Character disscusion QFI 1.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 09:07:42 AM »
I liked Rynn. His accent was weird though.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 09:31:48 AM »
Oh yeah, I liked Ian too, he is what a rouge should be in my view...and prospero. Love that dry humor.

Roe: I want to ask you somethings about that necromancer.

Prospero: I'll humor you.

Roe: What did you do to piss her off so much, did you screw her sister, her mother?

Prospero: yes.

Roe: right...

LOL!

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 11:22:07 PM »
I think Prospero is my favorite character. There's something in that dry wit that just makes me laugh and I can hear his voice in my head when I write his dialog so that's good.

The Narrator is awesome, I'd say second best narrator in a game. Gary Owens in SQ4/6 is just untouchable. John Rhys-Davies is great in QFG4 too, but I think James is better in QFI.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 02:36:05 AM »
hahah prospero yea.. strange you said that as I hear his voice at just the right time in my head, then i laugh but only qfi people might understand why,

used his voice when i was in a puplic restroom going number 2
hard to replay it all but i was making the guy peeing giggle idk lol

i like all mentioned narrators, why is gary owens really that untouchable? daaamn super divaaa
;)
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 03:30:13 AM »
For both games, but especially SQ4, his work is completely flawless. His delivery of lines such as "casually glance up at the status bar" is just perfect.

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 07:01:23 AM »
Was that Darla in tyr? I love Darla. :)

I also like the way the qfi narrator says ''really'' for some reason. lol

Anyway, anotherthing is the recording booth sound really works for gwen, in a store like that, I was in a couple in my time, you can sound kind of like that.

There is only one line in the whole game that was reccored badly and should be removed: in pub/farmers, ''its because I sleep with her and I smell like it'' or something like that. The rest works. There might be a story behind that though....maybe some backer? Seems logical.

The narator is great, I was reading a review where a guy bad mouthed him, and I was like, wtf? Screw you if you cant take a joke. That guy is awesome. That review reminded me of Dr. Evil telling scott, hes just not getting it...lol

It really pisses me off when someone who obviously is not into adventre games, plays the game and leaves there little comments. I'm like what the hell man? Go play your ps3 and leave us alone. Maybe this is a bad viewpoint but I just cant help feeling that way.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 09:06:43 AM »
The only bad review I read about the narrator was where the reviewer complained he sounded forced and trying too hard to be English when he said bollocks. This of course made me laugh because that is pretty much Jame's natural voice.

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 09:23:39 AM »
The only bad review I read about the narrator was where the reviewer complained he sounded forced and trying too hard to be English when he said bollocks. This of course made me laugh because that is pretty much Jame's natural voice.

The Narrator sounded fun, polished and professional.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 10:18:22 AM »

Perhaps the reviewer was commenting more on the use of the word and not his voice.  As if the writing was trying to sound too English.  But yes, James was awesome as the narrator, and all his other work on the game as well.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 10:58:17 AM »

Perhaps the reviewer was commenting more on the use of the word and not his voice.  As if the writing was trying to sound too English.  But yes, James was awesome as the narrator, and all his other work on the game as well.

Whats that stuff he wrote about the narrorter commenting on everything and trying to rebel against the narrator and the narrator being annoying?

As I saw it the narrator did not comment on enough. The try with all your might/you have nothing to say to that, was used more than I would have liked,...and the talking to innanimate objects respones where not included enough.

Exept your an idot with the trent piss stream comment, and moose...though alive.

The Mr sqearl was cute too. What was with this animal btw? It was on every screen I thought it was kay in desiquise watching roe.

Also he could have fade to black, slept with some of the women basied on gifts and infamy (nothing shown of course, just implied and infamy + 50). (the narroter mislead the player into thinking they could sleep with kit) ie play your cards right, no telling how many people wasted there time trying....There is alot of stuff you can add/follow up with.

Even more infamous actions and infamy effects...whats behind smoke room curtain, what if it was a blond guy, in a famous outfit, a prince perhaps, smoking with a certain apothacary? Just a prodody of course like the mj one...no copyright problems that way, old boy.

What if after you have played the game at least once,
Spoiler (hover to show)

Many ideas, for slight modifaction if it will be a couple years before the next game.

Sven_Q45

• Villain
  • Liked: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 08:39:55 PM »
Pah this reviewer has no inkling!The narrator was just great!
Oh and I also liked Armand uhm I mean Agustin Cordes of course ;D.

I liked English with an accent.  8)