Author Topic: Easter eggs and hidden jokes  (Read 13432 times)

Iceberg

• Recruit
  • Liked: 7
    • View Profile
Easter eggs and hidden jokes
« on: March 21, 2015, 04:08:00 PM »
I'm sure there are a lot I haven't noticed, but here are two that jumped out at me...

First of all, the farrier in the wheelchair...did you name him Niels just so he could be "Niels on Wheels"?

And the Anvil reference you threw in at the blacksmith's..."Metal On Metal"...that's awesome!   ;D

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Easter eggs and hidden jokes
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 04:24:13 PM »
Niels was a backer of our game, who requested that his character be named Niels, and in a wheelchair (like himself) which I thought was cool.  Added a bit of character dimension you don't always see in fantasy games, and the idea of a guy who designed and built himself a wheelchair appealed to me.

You are the first person to get my Anvil joke.  Anvil not only rocks, but anyone who hasn't seen the movie Anvil: The Story of Anvil needs to get out there and watch it!

You sir, are the big winner of an official IQ No-Prize.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 09:28:12 PM »
i was guessing that about the anvil but didnt want to seem dumb haha
good catch mate!

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 12:39:54 PM »
I think someone mentioned that the QFI secret bar would be a bit easier to find. I did all the steps and can't do it. Was anything changed in 1.1 from what it was in 1.0?
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 03:05:08 PM »
yea it changed for SURE, but to what end no clue :P

i think i know what to do but not how to do it.. grrr
and getting 40k bly as sorc, seemingly impossible, got to 29k and just stopped :P
wont hex edit the money or anything so maybe as rogue if the bank wasnt changed,
idk

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 06:48:04 PM »
Bly related  :o

If you possibly know what to do, is it the Blythos? Throw me a bone already. pm or email.

Something I forgot to mention about getting no results from things you can interact with;
what about the back room in the tobacco shop?
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 06:50:27 PM »
It's not changed from 1.0.

The Blys (a separate issue) have been reduced somewhat across the board in 1.1 to make the game more difficult. So yes you have to use the ATM as part of the Bar Egg, but the amount of Bly's you get is immaterial.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 06:57:30 PM »
Now that sounds.. uh, yes and no but quite difficult. With limited blythos, seems to be only possible towards end of game and saving every bit of finances. How the heck is that possible to play without buying necessary items. The Sorcerer finds 1000 in the witches den, Brigand gets big pay from caravan, Rogue gets whatever he can steal. So which character is more likely to have enough. But you did say how much you get is not that important? Oh my aching brain!

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 07:21:17 PM »
Sorry, I meant the amount of Bly's you get from the ATM has no relevance to the Bar easter egg.

Each class can get roughly the same amount of Bly's in order to finish the game, although the Rogue edges the other two classes out. The goal was to give the player 1000 Bly's from quest rewards and another 1000 blys from extra things. With 2000 blys you should be able to get close to the armor and sword upgrades without much grinding. Those upgrades are supposed to be end-game items but we gave so much money out early in the game before you could just buy everything available straight away. (For example, previously you got 50000 blys as a Rogue doing the bank vault, or the Brigand got 9600 doing the two brigand quests.)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Easter eggs and hidden jokes
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 09:38:20 PM »
Just tell me you were able to put the the "Freebird" egg is in version 1.1, providing you give Nelson the 40,000 blythos!   ;)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 11:32:29 PM »
odd klytos, i did the steps as i did for the bar, even the book step wouldnt work,
very odd(can you be sure of this? as i followed each step as i did before down to the t)

tried that way 5 times seems something has changed per the bar in 1.1
i redid the bar in 1.0 about 10 times, no fail,  1.1 cant seem to get even the book to register, shrug , seems SOMETHING must have changed . idk

maybe id have to full erase dat idk, but id think one bar visit per play through is how it works not per dat

shrug again

and yes the bly freebird thing is in there goatmeal, just ive yet to get the bly, though ive come close grinding dwarfs etc but still not as close as it seems, prolly missed loads of stuff i never even found in 1.0 :)
idk

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Easter eggs and hidden jokes
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 11:36:13 PM »
Now that sounds.. uh, yes and no but quite difficult. With limited blythos, seems to be only possible towards end of game and saving every bit of finances. How the heck is that possible to play without buying necessary items. The Sorcerer finds 1000 in the witches den, Brigand gets big pay from caravan, Rogue gets whatever he can steal. So which character is more likely to have enough. But you did say how much you get is not that important? Oh my aching brain!

btw sorc CAN steal, just not everything just so ye knows
again though even WITH serious serious grinding, sorc max i now have was about 34k thats stinger grinding or save load cheat before looting dwarfs

and thats finding loads of the loot in game too shrug
as rogue i still get good bly (seems more than sorc idk why but its less that 1.0 for sure) but i had to do less grinding but still havent made it to 40k and will not hex edit it.. :)

anyone want to post spoiler thread on where they find bly as which class thread or is that too much? just an idea

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 07:44:36 AM »
There are a couple other places to get extra blys that I don't think anyone has found
  Little Easter eggs with some bonus coins.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 12:30:11 PM »
oh? oh! hmm no one has found? class specific?
i wouldnt want to ruin those eggies

i have found a few i thiiink are eggs or such but again one never knows muahhah
i do know ive missed lots of stuffs even still

but im really confused about this bar :P i tried again on brig, nothing, might have to do with the bank code thing, idk if that was changed to non bank card member backers or not
its the only thing im not sure about the rest ive done, even have gog 1.0 ver still on hd, offline mode and the bar still works that way, but not in 1.1 (but im now ..back off topic)

should a list be made .. like the infamy points on wiki for bly? or think
"spoilers"  doctor who ref lol

also as i mentioned to bt, the archery is now bugged,
if you shoot on your first try the 500/500  aka 5 bullseyes, you get no infamy, you used to.. not sure. not that it matters much as you can get odd infamy for doing odd things that are still a bit broken

case and point
the out house, if you open twice as all know, you get infamy, but as sorc if you cast, unlock after that
on the same door, you get more infamy again. doh bart

but what i dont like is ... i cant sell my rations lol
found so many of those,
so i stinger hunted, or pelt hunted, or dwarf farmed for daysssssss still didnt hit 40k,
merits another play, but the bar is stickin at me(prolly should move that to a new thread but it does have many eggs. still i digress

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Easter eggs and hidden jokes
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 01:06:15 PM »
Just tell me you were able to put the the "Freebird" egg is in version 1.1, providing you give Nelson the 40,000 blythos!   ;)
Freebird and Nelson (where's he)? What happens there? Evidently the Companion is going to be most interesting!