Author Topic: Patriotism (or mahjong pride in your Country)  (Read 14097 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Patriotism (or mahjong pride in your Country)
« on: March 13, 2015, 11:22:31 PM »
Hey all, I am from the U.SA. and this thread is meant to show patriotism to one's own Country.  I love my country and serve it the best i can.  I vote (for what it is worth), pay taxes (who does not?), live, work and try to be a good productive member of society.  It is my humble belief that one should be proud of where they come from.  I Love my country and serve it for all its questionable events over the last 239 years!  In the end i beleive in the principals unto this nation was founded. Have we strayed? Maybe. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  I am not an American Asshole who thinks we are the best, but the ideas, unto which this country was founded on is. :)

Chadly. 
**********Chadly*********************

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Patriotism (or havong pride in your Country)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 02:44:32 AM »
Get ready for some serious trolling on this thread!

For what it's worth, I agree with you. Not about America because let's face it - you're only a second-rate version of Australia.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 03:09:31 AM »
No trolling by me, Just an honest thread on patriotism by one's own country.  Shit folks, those who were disturbed by English Rule happened long before we, (the colonies,the USA nowadays) told them to get fucked.)  We were the first to anything about unless i am mistaken.?
**********Chadly*********************

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 04:08:50 AM »
No, I meant trolling by others!

And yeah, the US was the first to leave the British Empire, followed by Canada in 1867, although that was more civil than the US establishing of the Republic in that the Canadians were considered a dominion of the Empire - basically a self-governing entity until 1931 when the final removal of the ability of the British Parliament to legislate for them (Australia is the same except we removed that ability of the British in 1939 at the outbreak of the war. This allowed us to establish our own diplomatic relations with other countries without British input.)
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 10:04:58 AM »
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »
By all means, be proud of where you came from, but please don't try to sell us that "American Exceptionalism" crap.  We're just as flawed as every other country on Earth.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 12:29:53 PM »
I'm from England. It's okay I guess.

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 02:25:07 PM »
I hail from Estonia. Can't complain too much. :P
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 12:25:52 AM »
By all means, be proud of where you came from, but please don't try to sell us that "American Exceptionalism" crap.  We're just as flawed as every other country on Earth.

I disagree on that. America, for it's faults, is a damn sight better than a lot of other countries. Let's take most of Asia, Africa, South America as a starting point. I think you Americans (and this is a generalisation I know) either have to be flag waving WE'RE THE GREATEST! or the alternate WE'RE SHIT AND IT SHOULD ALL CRUMBLE NOW. Accept that you're good with some problems like most western countries. There's good and bad.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 12:28:20 AM »
Accept that you're good with some problems like most western countries.

You're right, and this is generally my view as well.  I hear a lot of the "greatest country on earth" shit from some of my more under-informed conservative relatives, and it makes my head spin.  Realism, that's all I ask from people.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 12:43:41 AM »
Realistically, I enjoyed Obama reading mean tweets on Jimmy Kimmel  the other night.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 07:42:25 AM »
I hear a lot of the "greatest country on earth" shit from some of my more under-informed conservative relatives, and it makes my head spin.  Realism, that's all I ask from people.

Don't make this into a conservative thing.  It may be that more conservatives are vocal, but there are liberals in the same camp.  It is like you said, an "under-informed" thing, but not a conservative one.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 07:49:09 AM »
Yeah, as my Grandpa used to say "There's blockheads in every camp."

Bt

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 09:24:46 AM »
classic charlie brown talk there :)

ya block head!

wah wah wah wwaaah  waah wahhh wahh

"yes maaam"  "noo mam"
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 04:37:41 PM »
I hear a lot of the "greatest country on earth" shit from some of my more under-informed conservative relatives, and it makes my head spin.  Realism, that's all I ask from people.

Don't make this into a conservative thing.  It may be that more conservatives are vocal, but there are liberals in the same camp.  It is like you said, an "under-informed" thing, but not a conservative one.

I'm not making it into a conservative thing.  I'm simply talking about my under-informed conservative relatives (and friends, too, if you want to get even more specific,) which is exactly what I said.  I've personally never heard such a thing from my more liberal friends and relatives, but I hear it all the time from the ones with conservative leanings.  I know full well it's #notallconservatives, but it certainly seems to be in the case of the 200 or so people to whom I am connected via Facebook.  ;)