Author Topic: Stuck in forest maze (clicking edges does nothing)  (Read 6137 times)

jspstorm

Stuck in forest maze (clicking edges does nothing)
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:13:51 PM »
I am playing as a sorceror, I levitated over the bushes to get to the forest maze area, once I arrived I noticed that no matter where I click at the edges of the screen, nothing happens. I can move around all I want on this screen, but approaching the edges does nothing. I've tried all edges, clicking hundreds of times. Nothing.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in forest maze (clicking edges does nothing)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 08:39:09 AM »
Hey there - can you tell me which version you are playing and where you got it?

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 01:03:29 PM »
Also, can you try using the arrow keys to see if that will cause you to walk over the edge into another room (or to a different spot in the room as it is in fact a maze). 
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

jspstorm

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 05:50:46 PM »
I'm running an up to date steam version of the game.

The arrows gave the same result (me standing at the edge doing nothing), tried backing up and approaching at different places, didn't work.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 05:55:03 PM »
I updated the Steam version today, so the problem should be fixed.  If you have a save from before, getting there should be no problem.  If not, save in the room, send it to me, and I can fix it.  info@infamous-quests.com

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

jspstorm

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 07:57:38 PM »
I have a save from not too long ago, thank you very much for your time and your quick response.

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 06:34:49 PM »
Hey,

I suffer from the same problem right now, GOG-Version 1.1 (it seems they didn't update it last week). I've tried to begin act 2 (with the autosave), but it's always the same: I get the instructions from Randy, but as I'm in the labyrinth, Roehm says the way through the labyrinth has to be written down. Whatever I do, I can't get out of the room...

edit: Now I've tried to finish act 1 again and took all the steps to the labyrinth again. Alas, it seems to be broken. I hoped I wouldn't march right into one of these really nasty bugs, but here I am. And I want to play the game so badly... :( Can I send in my savegame or is there a way around that terrible bug?

edit2: Excuse me, but is it possible that GOG still hasn't updated the game to 1.11, although the patch is out since february? Or am I wrong here?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 07:34:24 PM »
I just sent them a new version last weekend too; you can send a save gave to info@infamous-quests.com and I'll take a look.

Bt

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 02:07:08 AM »
Hey,
yeah, GOG is extremely, really infuriatingly slow in their updating procedures sometimes. Ok, I've sent you a zip with the savegame. Thank you, I really appreciate your help. :)

edit: It works thanks to the fixed savegame, thank you for your help Blackthorne! :)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 12:21:04 PM »
you must not use steam then,
as at least gog has the balls to test updates or give refunds

i prefer gog over steam,
valve just went so downhill

they started selling games for win98 and winxp that say works on win7, and most like recently star wars  and commandos, require glide wrappers or dont even start up at all!
19 games i got in 2 months dont even work, at all

gog at least noticed that, and refunded people , valve , could give a rats bum bum
so be patient with gog, again the witcher has them busy but they do what they can and they are a friendly lot even on the forums .. users/and staff

(hang in there mate)

and whoop whoop to the fix bt
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

xxbbcc

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 10:34:40 PM »
I saw this same problem with the GOG version (1.1) but I was able to somehow get past it. I just kept clicking the maze edges (combined with the arrow keys) and tried casting the floating spell to leave and suddenly it worked. Once it started working, I was able to finish the maze without another problem. Just for reference for others who may stumble upon this.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 03:15:48 AM »
just amazed this bug skipped me totally, shrug

thank god finally one didnt hit me! hehe

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

roeadventue32

• Villain
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 09:55:31 PM »
There is a 1.1 pathing issue, you try to walk off screen and you have to go back a very small bit before Mr. Roehm will do it OCCASIONALY.

Its not gambreaking.

The game is fully playble from begining to end on all 3 classes, its just a minor annoyance, I would not have mentioned it.

Just double back a few in game feet and he will often go forward when this happens.
I am a one note man, I play it all I can.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 08:08:33 PM »
Yeah, that maze bug happened in older versions with the cloud spell sometimes; like they said, casting cloud again should reactivate ground level events.

Bt