Author Topic: DLC/FUTURE UPDATES  (Read 12444 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
DLC/FUTURE UPDATES
« on: July 13, 2014, 06:55:06 PM »
So it mentioned that the game was Version 1.01.

Can we expect to see much more added to this game in future updates or a possible DLC expansion pack? (please say yes)

Anyway, this is enough "BadToTheBones" topics for now.  Quite an exciting game and it's good to see the Adventure Point N'Click Genre got a nice release.  Ya'll should send the Coles this game as a gift on Steam, and maybe Elsa could get a copy too. ;)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: DLC/FUTURE UPDATES
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »
The Coles made $400k + in their Kickstarter. If they want it, they can buy it! :)

No there won't be DLC, it doesn't really work with our engine like that.

There will be a patch sometime in the near future but that will mostly be to fix a couple of bugs that have found their way past testing into the game. There MIGHT be a little content in there though!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
[Rogue] Re: DLC/FUTURE UPDATES
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 07:21:53 PM »
Cool!  Might want to make the content accessible for newgamers and people with saved games near the end.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 09:14:33 PM »
One thing I would like is a chest where you can keep all your items at the game.

Item Management can be kind of, uh.... tricky, later in the game.

It'd also be nice if there was a way to sell off old weapon/armor in the game.

The Thief can steal a Best Sword, but he will still wind up unable to get rid of his old blade or do anything. (non-Thieves will have it transformed by Mr. Magic)

It'd also be nice to have dialogue for all the stolen items, and have a separate inventory menu in the loot bag where you can check out all the swag you got.  It'd also be cool to get individual responses for each stolen item from the fence, that was always something fun in the QFG games. (Master Thief really loved pearls it seems, heh :P )

Quest For Glory Fan

• Super Fan and Wonder Boy
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 23
  • Super Fan and Wonder Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 09:19:31 PM »
This game is already pretty massive on it's own. It's the biggest adventure game I've played in a long time. I think it might even be bigger than any of the QFG games

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 10:29:21 PM »
Yeah.  That is part of the appeal.  It's pretty damn huge as far as games though.  Around the time I was in the Grasslands and at Tyr, I kept wondering how many more environments there would be.

Does give the world a nice, massive feel to it and it's quite a pretty world at that.

Kinda wish there were more shops down in Tyr though.

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 01:42:54 AM »
Personally, I feel that there is a LOT of open and under-utilised space in this game, with loads of potential.  I feel like another entire game could fit in here without a single new background, and perhaps two games if the team chose to flesh out a couple of indoor environments for plot reasons.

Given the choice, I'd prefer sequels set in this land over DLC-style content expansions.  The team might get bored, stuck here though.  I don't really know how they happen to feel.
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Re: DLC/FUTURE UPDATES
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 02:13:42 AM »
Personally, I feel that there is a LOT of open and under-utilised space in this game, with loads of potential.  I feel like another entire game could fit in here without a single new background, and perhaps two games if the team chose to flesh out a couple of indoor environments for plot reasons.

Given the choice, I'd prefer sequels set in this land over DLC-style content expansions.  The team might get bored, stuck here though.  I don't really know how they happen to feel.

I know an even better idea!

Someone fan/s should make a nostalgic QFG 4.5-like sequel to this game and call it QFI 1.5!  Or something else if more games get made.

Honestly, if they did that I really hope they'd use characters from other Sierra series.  Bernard made a great villain for QFG 4.5. I'd see no harm in bringing him back. :)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Re: Re: DLC/FUTURE UPDATES
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 04:32:32 AM »
I know an even better idea!

Someone fan/s should make a nostalgic QFG 4.5-like sequel to this game and call it QFI 1.5!  Or something else if more games get made.

Honestly, if they did that I really hope they'd use characters from other Sierra series.  Bernard made a great villain for QFG 4.5. I'd see no harm in bringing him back. :)

But then I'd have to sue them for infringing my intellectual rights and that would just suck.:)
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

CDRSeadog

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 11:38:44 AM »
So it mentioned that the game was Version 1.01.

Can we expect to see much more added to this game in future updates or a possible DLC expansion pack? (please say yes)

Anyway, this is enough "BadToTheBones" topics for now.  Quite an exciting game and it's good to see the Adventure Point N'Click Genre got a nice release.  Ya'll should send the Coles this game as a gift on Steam, and maybe Elsa could get a copy too. ;)

I'll bet Al Lowe would get a few chuckles re this game...Ken & Roberta would probably enjoy playing it as well   ;)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 07:33:46 PM »
Btw, it seems obvious that a game series named "Quest for Infamy" probably won't ever have a Paladin class in store.

So.... is there a possibility of ever seeing something else as a secret 4th Class for Roehm?

The opposite of Pure Good is Pure Evil, and while Roehm can be a mean bastard at times he doesn't come across as being pure evil though.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Re: DLC/FUTURE UPDATES
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 08:10:06 PM »
It's possible.  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 02:24:28 PM »
One last thing- although it sounds like I'm complaining a lot about it, I actually did enjoy combat in the game a lot.  I wasn't ranting like AVGN while fighting battles in the later half, I really was enjoying myself even though I did yearn for more challenge.  The system for this game did introduce a lot of new and original ideas to it which I do appreciate.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxhs-GLE29Q" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxhs-GLE29Q</a>

I'm something of a challenge-phile though.

My advice for dlc or an update would be to add in an optional "Extreme" difficulty option, complete with an achievement with those who play through the game entirely with it.  Skyrim's one of my fave games for the ability to switch over to a wimpier combat skill set when things get too rough. 

Toss in a few deliberately hard side-quests, etc., (maybe an "Emerald Weapon"-FF7 type boss?) call it an Extreme pack, and charge $1.99-$4.99 for it.  And call the hardest difficulty "Infamous" difficulty. ;)

The benefits of this would be it'd be a way of introducing new changes without having to be married to them for a whole game.  You could see how well it works and how people respond to it, and use the data to make further decisions on how combat would operate in the sequel.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 12:11:53 AM »
One more thing I'll add- if you guys were to put in any kind of DLC to the game you'd probably want to do it sometime around Christmas, the best time to regenerate additional interest in the game while it's still newly fresh in the minds of players! ;)

A good place to put a new area would be to the right of where you have to travel for weeks to reach the Baron's place.

Obviously Roehm won't be going back there, but he might not be adverse to going slightly in that direction if there was something there that interested him.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 06:03:52 PM »
Finally, if there were more romance to this game then that'd be pretty awesome, it was a great addition to QFG 3-5 but alas, not too much here.