Author Topic: Walkthrough, hints etc?  (Read 89531 times)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2014, 04:09:55 PM »
Thanks Lambonius.

As an aside: Are you supposed to be able to go past 100 on stats? Using the balcony in Tyr has made my climbing 103.

Interesting.  I don't believe you are.  I'll make a note of that as something to fix in our next update.  Thanks for the heads up.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

StJohn

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2014, 04:13:15 PM »
Slashing, Stabbing, Hacking--if you're a brigand, you have another option for training in the brigands' hideout.

Thievery can be trained in much the same way it could in the old QFG games--picking locks and doing break-ins.  If you're a rogue, you have another training option in the thieves' hideout, too.  Otherwise, yeah--you've got most of them there.  :)

It's also worth noting that Blocking restores a bit of health with every successful block.  It can be a real life-saver if you're out of potions!

Used to train climbing at the screen with river & broken stone circle. Once climb down there is a way into the Tyr, even in 1 act (gates closed). Real good thievery practice (i get 50) for picking the aqueduc door lock. Combat is too easy for me. Dunno about mage, but brigand and rogue easily defeat any opponent just using block 3-4 times, then special skill. Win all battles with full hp... So why build up fighting skills at all?

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2014, 04:20:43 PM »
The combat has been an interesting mixed bag for people--some people see it as too easy, others see it as too hard.  We did spend a lot of time trying to balance the difficulty, and not to make it unfair.  There are some equipment items you can get in the game that will help you in combat, too.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Silver-Streak

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2014, 04:38:48 PM »
Slashing, Stabbing, Hacking--if you're a brigand, you have another option for training in the brigands' hideout.

Thievery can be trained in much the same way it could in the old QFG games--picking locks and doing break-ins.  If you're a rogue, you have another training option in the thieves' hideout, too.  Otherwise, yeah--you've got most of them there.  :)

It's also worth noting that Blocking restores a bit of health with every successful block.  It can be a real life-saver if you're out of potions!

Used to train climbing at the screen with river & broken stone circle. Once climb down there is a way into the Tyr, even in 1 act (gates closed). Real good thievery practice (i get 50) for picking the aqueduc door lock. Combat is too easy for me. Dunno about mage, but brigand and rogue easily defeat any opponent just using block 3-4 times, then special skill. Win all battles with full hp... So why build up fighting skills at all?

I personally want to build up fighting skills for the "100 in all stats" achievement.

However, that does make me wonder: I can't seem to get sneak past 50, or thievery past 50, as a Sorcerer. Is that intended, and if so, is it not possible to get that achievement?

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Re: Re: Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2014, 04:52:09 PM »
I personally want to build up fighting skills for the "100 in all stats" achievement.

However, that does make me wonder: I can't seem to get sneak past 50, or thievery past 50, as a Sorcerer. Is that intended, and if so, is it not possible to get that achievement?

I believe it was set up that way intentionally, but I will double check and get back to you.  In any case, I don't believe it's possible to get all achievements on a single playthrough anyway.

frederick

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2014, 06:17:16 PM »
Act 2 magic user, and I am stymied by the bush. I have tried all spells, and nearly all items available.

Sorgoth

« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2014, 06:22:49 PM »
Having trouble dealing with the red bush during the Moonshiner quest as a sorcerer. I guess it requires a spell though I have them all apart from Windstorm which requires angel wings. And I have no idea what those wings are nor where to find them. Any help?

Wow, it looks like both me and the poster above both snapped with this quest at the same time lol.

Silver-Streak

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2014, 06:51:30 PM »

Act 2 magic user, and I am stymied by the bush. I have tried all spells, and nearly all items available.

Having trouble dealing with the red bush during the Moonshiner quest as a sorcerer. I guess it requires a spell though I have them all apart from Windstorm which requires angel wings. And I have no idea what those wings are nor where to find them. Any help?

Wow, it looks like both me and the poster above both snapped with this quest at the same time lol.
Spoiler (hover to show)
Or, if that is too vague.
Spoiler (hover to show)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2014, 07:13:06 PM »
Hah, thankfully someone finally got my Monkey King joke. You know, I asked for an animation of Roehm doing the whole whistle for a cloud when he summoned his cloud and everyone on the team (read: Americans) said they had no idea what Monkey was so it wasn't done.

Anyway, no you can't get past 50 on sneaking or thievery if you're not the rogue. Not all the achievements are available on a single run through!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Sorgoth

Re: Re: Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2014, 07:30:57 PM »

Spoiler (hover to show)
Or, if that is too vague.
Spoiler (hover to show)

Oh, you mean the Cloud levitation spell? That is kinda strange as I used this spell when close to the bush and yet all I got was "What a fun experience...." and nothing changed. Perhaps are there some prerequisites for the spell to work like talking with someone specific?

I already talked to the hunter though.

Or maybe there is a way to control that cloud somehow?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2014, 07:32:34 PM »
If you've talked to the hunter, walk to the lower right corner of the room and wait for Randy, the moonshiners assistant, to come out.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Re: Re: Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2014, 07:33:58 PM »
I already talked to the hunter though.

Or maybe there is a way to control that cloud somehow?

Spoiler (hover to show)

Quest For Glory Fan

• Super Fan and Wonder Boy
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 23
  • Super Fan and Wonder Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 13, 2014, 09:16:52 PM »
My climbing is 36, not enough to steal from the Mayor inside or out but I can't increase it. I've tried the apartment and I get the textbox saying I get practice but it doesn't increase no matter how much I do it.

Silver-Streak

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 13, 2014, 09:24:01 PM »
Hah, thankfully someone finally got my Monkey King joke. You know, I asked for an animation of Roehm doing the whole whistle for a cloud when he summoned his cloud and everyone on the team (read: Americans) said they had no idea what Monkey was so it wasn't done.

Anyway, no you can't get past 50 on sneaking or thievery if you're not the rogue. Not all the achievements are available on a single run through!

I'm actually surprised more American's wouldn't get it. At bare minimum, I grew up with Dragon Ball (and Z), and they make enough Journey to the West references that people'd be able to associate the cloud with that.

Not to mention there's about a billion western and eastern Journey to the West adaptations. Some with both Jet Li and Jackie Chan. Either way, I appreciated the nod to it in the game.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2014, 09:43:18 PM »
My climbing is 36, not enough to steal from the Mayor inside or out but I can't increase it. I've tried the apartment and I get the textbox saying I get practice but it doesn't increase no matter how much I do it.

Spoiler (hover to show)