Author Topic: Steam, cards, backgrounds and emotes almost none exist!  (Read 5032 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Steam, cards, backgrounds and emotes almost none exist!
« on: September 11, 2014, 02:22:07 AM »
heya

sooo
Ive made my 1st lvl badge FINALLY
but noticed  that there arent to many cards for qfi

esp in the foil range, and some emotes are 30$+ jebus!!
also the backgrounds well, i have one that no one has on the market  rohem and prospero,
the hot babe one is only 1$ vs some that are 13$
not sure wtf

same with cards,  I was lucky to get my set cheap thanks to some people listing low, but somehow there isnt even full sets of emotes or backgrounds listed,
again my example is the rohem and prospero background, no market, no one has listed it no one has put a bid or buy order in.. nothing..
id never sell mine ever.. but really.. anything bt can do to get at least each emote or background up would rock (i dont mean for free) but id like that money to go to IQS not to a dude selling stuff due to buying booster packs

idk
jealous of serena the KVS pal, pointed out the mouse head in IQ bar as being referred to KVS :P
I as of now have the smile rohem and background mentioned, hunting for more cards but again foils are from 10-50$ usd.. thats nuts, ive seen them go to 140$ for a virtual card, wwwwwwow
not on qfi .. but still

id love to have all the bg's and emotes and my lvl 5 badge to promote the game with great backgrounds and use those nice BT lookin emotes
haha
shades one i wants most..

annyway who's got the foil.. crap that sounded bad like a crack addict..
urmm
and why is there no background of the one I have even listed...
oddd never seen that

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Steam, cards, backgrounds and emotes almost none exist!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 04:06:23 AM »
damned

made my 2nd lvl badge got the SAME items
smiley rohem and rohem and rayford background

so i put both on sale as i have dupes,
the smiley is cheap from me,
no clue how to judge the background only one sold for almost 7$
so i cut that down a buck

hoping to get more cards and backgrounds if I can sell the dupes.. (arrggh my luck getting dupes.. grr waves fist at steam luck gods)  rolled a 1 on my d20 I think

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 08:40:07 AM »
I'm not sure what it is you're asking here, sorry. 

Are you saying there aren't very many variations of cards/bgs etc. being sold by other players?  Or there aren't many different designs of cards/bgs at all?

Since the rewards you get from making badges are random, I'm not sure what you're suggesting we do to make more available, but it's Shawn you wanna direct that to, not Bt, as he's the big boss in charge of the Steam stuff, and he set that all up himself :)
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 09:57:53 AM »
heya corrigan, been awhile!

yea I mean it just seems there is not much on sale!

at least a few of each item should be

and whats odd is, for the rohem and rayford background, only 1 person listed EVER.. as in only 1 person had it, and it sold for 6.90$ I have 2 of them, (yep I know its random)
trying  to sell one, but thats not why im here, to flog my steam poop nah,
just wondering why the qfi stuff is so costly and wanting to know how many Bg's are there
btw did you do the art on those backgrounds?
and if so AWESOME stuffff

and who did the card arts?

anyway if you have shawn look, for example the foil cards only 4 or so exist, so far..
im sure time lets prices drop and more things go on etc, but for a game like this.. well lets just say those fun snes style games "millennium" has been out on steam only a short while  and those foil cards are all out but they are all 130 euro or so,  still they all exist

just curious how many bg's there are and emotes, 
and well, yea..
mainly thats it... and wondering why I cant seem to find bgs or cards or sell them as no listings exist
they do for some of the emotes but even then its 1 user has it,
1 of the port of tyr foil cards only exists 70$ usd.. ack!

the other question I did ask was if IQS gets a % if say we do get a card for 30$  hoping you guys get something back in that return

meh I dont want to  bug shawn, im sure its just time and enough users to play to get this
but ahh  serena or ahem the KVS user friend on steam has 3 bg's and all emotes lvl 5 badge and that user cant even get a foil set as one isnt complete yet!

idk

just wanted a full set of bgs mainly, and lvl 5 standard badge to show off :P
im not on steam to make money playing the market.. just want enough to get my cards for qfi
:P

dang I talk to much, no wonder you cant understand what im asking lol

my bad

ty for the reply and oh that is some awesome bg art!

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 01:49:10 PM »
Heh, you know, I have no idea how cards and shit work on Steam.  I don't really collect them!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 02:16:44 PM »
well I only collect cards for mainly indie games, to support them as I hear they get % of the sales from cards and anything related to the game they made,
icons bg's etc

just curious how many bg's there are!
and if JP made em..
they rockkkkk
is that art in the book!!??!
whoop if so...

anyway yea.. im no card hound but I do like to show my support
and it gets people to look at and maybe even buy a game just for cards sooo yea its a win win for any dev that puts cards out
:P if its true they get a profit from it.. if not, ive been vastly misinformed and would never buy a card again  once i get my lvl 5 on qfi since im half way there

:P

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 04:24:34 PM »
Hmmm.  If we get a % from cards, I didn't know about it before!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 05:04:47 PM »
hmm

well here! so that you know that this is one main reason i do get cards on indie games

"They do. Complete Fee is 15%, Valve take 5%, the Developer get 10%.         "
found out that if its a steam game valve gets the full 15% 
but its about 8.7%-10% devs get if its a non steam game! whoop whoop let me know
cause if you dont get % ill stop buying cards  I thought it went right to you cats

so if a card sells for 50$ u get .. 5$ ish

still if loads of cards or emotes etc sell, you get baaank. might wanna talk to shawnie

whoop?

and id really like to know about the backgrounds being in the book or how many exist, only 4 are on steam so far, seems like mine is the most rare, as no one has it.. and 1 only sold for 7$ the rest are going for 1-4$

so yep you get 10% of alllll QFI items in steam market!!

game on garth!
double edit:
found out that the % miiight be going to the publisher then to you, if not id ask em about it!!
for sure you are getting money, and its for your game, not sure which one gets it the dev or publisher but if POS is getting it, id have a talk about it!!
more bly for the next project(s)

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 05:35:02 PM »
I guess the short answer then, is just that there aren't a lot of people "farming" the cards and badges for there to be excess rewards being sold on by other players at the moment.  Maybe that will pick up a bit further down the line! 

It doesn't surprise me at all that Serena already has some, because she's a hardcore collector and a very supportive fan, much like yourself, Kaldire!  Plus, she's in the game (god, she's in hundreds of games by now probably, isn't she? haha) and I know she loves to show her support for the indies :)
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 07:07:27 PM »
KSV ftw!!!
hehe

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 09:30:57 AM »
We have no control at all on what cards steam drops. It's internal to steam and nothing to do with us. I uploaded the cards, wallpapers, emoticons etc but steam decides what ones to give out when.

As for the price of the ones other players are selling, talk to them dude. We don't control what other people do in the steam marketplace.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 12:12:17 PM »
ahh each time i post the site times out and I posted really long one grr

ok.. urm copy and paste,

broomie, site keeps timing out worse and worse

heya klytos!
hows yer baby doing? hope all is well

yep I know mate, that you dont have control over valve. Im not.. that lame. :P
Im mainly asking how many bg's and emotes were issued for steam
I believe its 5-6 bg's and emotes
10-12 total,  me only having 2 bgs and 2 emotes

but it was NICE to get a booster pack for QFI out of all the games I own!
and even more awesome to get a foil !
just there are only a few foils that exist and I dont see that changing until later down the road that qfi goes on sale or such on store site.

anyway.
at this time even if i had 200$ to spend on cards (which i never would) I could get that nice foil badge
just not enough people have them

as for talking to people, you should know you cant... unless you are friends you cant see who has what.
Ive posted in trading forums and talked in chat, and not only does no one have the cards, no one will buy them since doing so will lead ya to a dead end of  not finishing the badge!

anyway
my main post was to do with just asking how many bgs and emotes were issued for steam!
as well as asking if POS gets the % or if you do..
im hoping you guys get that..
as i really want to see that next.. ahem.. adventure which we all think is coming someday, (as seen in the end of qfi and on the IA site)  muhhahaha

btw klytos you are one of the few I cant seem to find on steam , and the link here just breaks into foreign stuff doesnt find ya when I search

meh

all good

trust me I got over the lack of achievements! even after now 6 plays, I dont have most of them, but thats steam again not you and didnt ruin the game any at all

(like all for an apple still wont unlock everything even act 2 complete act 3 complete etc. nothing.)
ive found ways around it without SAM, just saving and loading after erasing the dat files and resetting the in game achievements..
and just doing that over n over eventually unlocks my achievements

anyway I digress

just how many bg's and emotes are there? 5-6 each?
and here is hoping that someday qfi goes on sale for the masses to see in steam store and goo
ooooo

oh and im waiting on the new patch for my review but once thats up hoooah
its a great review so far, just wait n see ;p

and yes I do point out some bad marks, but like all games, bugs exist.. but this crew, just awesome man, never should POS or IQS be overlooked on any mark!

BTW i do prefer gog and desura, just I do love those virtual cards and badges and they DO help sales!
3 of my friends got the game just after I put up my first badge
2 of my friends got the game after i purchased it and saw my buy history!
sooo its great like that

so now I own the game on GOG AND steam AND backerkit!
lol
think im doing my part yaya

anyway I dont think im coming across correctly, trust me mein, I know you guys HAVE NO control over steam drops or pricings!

on that note, anyone want a swamp foil card?
id give it away at this point, just to get one person to get that darned badge,
im thinkin of offering it to serena :P