Author Topic: The Coles and QFI  (Read 3555 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
The Coles and QFI
« on: February 17, 2013, 12:39:58 AM »
Have the Coles commented on QFI and said anything regarding the game? 

Has anyone from the team or board reached out to them to get their thoughts?

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
Re: The Coles and QFI
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 03:17:23 AM »

Yes.  They were asked about QFI and IQ in an interview, and said that they didn't know much about it, and the team, but that IQ sounded like cool folks who are trying to make something great.

Which they are.  And it is.  :)

Later on, a similar exchange happened, and it was clear that they'd gone and peeked here a little since the interview, and the Coles said something similarly friendly.

That's that, it's more than I'd expected, and it's good enough for me.
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 04:18:43 AM »

Has anyone from the team or board reached out to them to get their thoughts?

The only comments I've seen are the one's which s_d mentioned.

We've not made any overtures to them as they are incredibly busy working on their own games. The influence Quest for Glory has on QFI is that Steve and I are huge HQ1 fans, we both LOVE that game and admire the simplicity of the adventure / RPG hybrid. And it's that feeling we wanted to take into QFI. Yes the name is similar, but that's really because when we started this 10 years ago it WAS a QFG Fan-Game. We don't run any decisions we make about the design of QFI through a "is this how QFG was done?" filter. A lot of the similarities between the two are because we're in a fantasy setting, and we're using a standard iconbar interface. QFG told a great story, and had some cool fighting, and we are telling a great story and will have some cool fighting too.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 10:56:49 AM »
Ah okay.  I'm sure if asked they'd prob be honored.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 11:17:32 AM »
I've exchanged several emails with Lori and Corey, and they've been very nice and very supportive.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."