Author Topic: Release date?  (Read 10350 times)

qfgfanboy

Release date?
« on: October 31, 2012, 11:54:55 PM »
Hey all. So I was recently looking to replay Quest for Glory series when I stumbled across Quest for Infamy. Played through the demo and it all really looks amazing. When can we expect the next demo to be released? I saw an announcement from back in early September that it was going to be a couple of weeks. Also, any idea when the game will be released? I looked through the blog and couldn't find anything recent. Any news guys? I'm so excited about this project and would love to hear more.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
Re: Release date?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:03:38 AM »
I'm not on the team, but I'm pretty sure that BT told us that Demo2.0 will be released in December.  As to the game's final release, I couldn't tell you.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 12:09:10 AM »
Sure - the next demo will be released to backers in December; the public will receive a new demo a month later.  If you're not a backer yet, you can become one via PayPal - the link is on our main page at www.infamous-quests.com - $10 gets you a digital download of the game when it's completed (Which is a bargain!!).

We don't have a definitive release date yet for the game; we'll have a more concrete date set after the new year.  We have lots of screenshots on facebook at www.facebook.com/infamousadventures and our twitter feed, www.twitter.com/ia_games - check us out there.

If you have any questions about anything, don't hestitate to ask me - here, PM, on facebook, twitter, email (blackthorne@infamous-adventures.com). 

Glad you're interested!  Keep in touch!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

lemonrev

• Recruit
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 02:12:27 AM »
are there any more teaser screenshots from the new demo you might beable to post to keep the interest growing in the comunity ?.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 02:38:40 AM »
This close to the release of the demo I think it's worth making you all suffer ... I mean wait. :)
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 07:55:16 AM »
are there any more teaser screenshots from the new demo you might beable to post to keep the interest growing in the comunity ?.

There's quite a few out there - but I did release this yesterday.

<a href="http://youtu.be/IsMml-zJtCM?hd=1" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/IsMml-zJtCM?hd=1</a>

Bt

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 04:22:59 PM »
Nice!

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 01:33:44 PM »
Oh wow.  Just...wow.  You're making the wait that much more unbearable Bt!   :'(

I sound like a kiss-ass, but really they are all so beautiful.  All of the artists are extremely talented.  I can't even tell you which screenshot is my favorite...

S

Jerminator

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 03:51:05 PM »
They're all my favorite! I'm slightly bias though.

-Jerm

snabbott

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 04:19:47 PM »
I love them all! :D

antiqueapple

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 02:48:40 PM »
That Hornet's nest looks foreboding!  Also...when this gets released to the public, will it be sold through EBAY or AMAZON?   Or just from this website?

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 10:13:37 AM »
We're looking at a number of options for the sale of the game, obviously through our website at this stage, plus other online distributors. Sorry I can't give you more information than that but we're still negotiating contracts with various providers.

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 03:30:46 AM »
Any updates of when the new demo may be released?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 06:08:34 AM »
Any updates of when the new demo may be released?

Yeah, man, I'm about to send a wide release about that - should be a couple more weeks.  December just got too clogged with stuff - mostly, getting the voice actors together to record some new lines of dialogue, which should be happening in the next couple of weeks.  We had an in-progress version of the demo at Adventure X, so it should just be tweaking a few more things and then we'll have it out for everyone.  Just wanna make sure we send out something great for everyone - so it's forthcoming.

Bt

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 10:48:34 AM »
I can't wait to get my hands on Demo2.0.   ;D
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 11:50:25 AM »
Heh.  Soon, I promise!  You'll be one of the first to know, Serena!

Bt

Lupin

• Lackey
  • Liked: 1
  • Magic Knight and Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 12:49:41 PM »
I can't wait to get my hands on Demo2.0.   ;D

Agreed, can't wait to try out the spells

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 01:53:36 AM »
Any news on when the game will be out?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 07:46:09 AM »
Yes, at this point, our estimate is late Q2-Early Q3 - which means it could be between early summer and early fall.

We'll keep updates here - and if you're a backer of the game, you'll have access to the backers forum, where more information, previews and such will be kept.

Thanks for playing the demo - I think you'll like a lot of the elements in the real game - the demo is really just a small part of the game.

Bt