Author Topic: This is a real bummer!  (Read 4711 times)

garr

• Villain
  • Liked: 68
    • View Profile
This is a real bummer!
« on: August 03, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »
How come Rayford is so powerful?

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
Re: This is a real bummer!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 01:07:17 PM »
Because he's the final boss.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 05:37:30 PM »
The cheap way through Rayford's fight is to get the chainmail armor ahead of time and then just block-heal over and over when you need it.  :)

Take advantage while you can, the chainmail armor isn't going to be as overpowered after the patch!  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Dutchman

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 09:09:17 PM »
I have to be honest, this is one thing I didn't like about QFI, and felt like a big detraction. It feels like a villainous version of QFG (obvs) but all the chapter endings are fights. You HAVE to fight off a "Boss" at the end of every chapter instead of using spells (Sorcerer) or wits and flips (Rogue). My Sorcerer was fairly weak in combat because I tried a low level run but the end game gave me no option to solve things alternatively.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 09:44:18 PM »
BT might have less health but he hits for about 30 damage. Trust me, he's harder to beat.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 09:09:16 AM »
Well, we weren't trying to be an exact QFG clone - so Boss Battles were something we came up with early on; that's probably an influence from my love of Arcade games and RPGS like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger.  In the future, though, I'll definitely keep an eye towards having alternate scenarios/showdowns with characters.  I have some more interesting ideas for Sorcerors and Rogues in such situations, and if we get to do QFI 2, I'd definitely say plan on seeing more of that.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: This is a real bummer!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 02:09:24 AM »
Someone gave a link to a photo of the supposed secret fight with BT. That one's total health was not as high as Rayford's.
but his health  much like his sword.. is big and ahem,  69 anyone?
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Re: This is a real bummer!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 02:10:37 AM »
Boss fights are ok, except for one that's supposedly hidden. Why was it ever mentioned, with no intention of enabling other gamers to logically find it before tiring of playing the game altogether? Now it has been admitted that the traffic cone was merely a joke. But the worm scale is still in the running. Can't even imagine what general area the secret fight might be in.
not sure either

if its anything like the sq2 vamp where one has to almost die to see some alternate plane of reality well
im testing that

anyone know about the well... and the odd symbol on the wall?
still never figured that out..
shrug

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 02:11:21 AM »
Well, we weren't trying to be an exact QFG clone - so Boss Battles were something we came up with early on; that's probably an influence from my love of Arcade games and RPGS like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger.  In the future, though, I'll definitely keep an eye towards having alternate scenarios/showdowns with characters.  I have some more interesting ideas for Sorcerors and Rogues in such situations, and if we get to do QFI 2, I'd definitely say plan on seeing more of that.

Bt
oooo chrono trigger

whips out ps emulator and real copy... hells yeaaaa
loovee that game

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 02:12:22 AM »
BT might have less health but he hits for about 30 damage. Trust me, he's harder to beat.
is that a kielbasa joke there mate

"I love you baby but all I can think about is, bt's kielbasa sausage his butt cheeks is warm"
half a quote from tenacious d

:P