Public Forums > Banter and Chit-Chat!

MMO's what is your take?

(1/2) > >>

Chadly:
      So what is your take on multi-player online games?

The very first online real time strategy game i played was Was Warcraft and Warcraft 2 via a service called Kali, which tricked the game into thinking it was being played on a BBS.  This was back in 95 i beleive and i payed like 20 bucks for it.  It was very cool to play WC with folks from all over the world literally. 

Todays games like WOW are neat but expensive.  Granted i still play on Battlenet for free, but im turned off on the games that i have to buy in the store and pay a monthy fee.  Diablo Rules tho.

Thoughts and oppions anyone??????

Chadly/

Klytos:
Firstly, Diablo 3 is crap. It rules for the first 10 hours then it sucks donkey balls.

Although I understand people's objection to paying for a game like WoW, I think the benefits outweigh the negatives. I know that any bug in WoW will be fixed promptly, I know that once a lot of the content is done, Blizzard will release more things to do. A lot of the new dungeons and content areas are brought out without having to buy an expansion every two minutes. And I know that a lot of 12 year olds aren't playing the game and pissing me off with their bullshit pretending to be adults shit because they can't afford to play it.

Chadly:
Well i agree Klytos.  I am definately not 12 years old. ha.  Wow has had i beleive 3 or four expansion packs since it's inception.  Still I find playing on Battlenet fun, except for player killers.  I have spent a fortune on Wow monthly cards and havent played for some time... :)

Lambonius:
I'm one of those gamers who cringes every time multiplayer features of any kind are added to single-player games that I like (Assassin's Creed series, cough cough), so naturally, I've never ventured into the MMO genre.  Getting The Old Republic instead of KOTOR 3 was one of the worst nut-kicks I can think of in recent gaming memory.  Down with MMOs!

Blackthorne:
Eh, MMOs are fun in theory, but I'm of the opinion that almost 90% of just sucks.  At least 90% of the people who meet in online games.  The other 10% are mad cool, but having to deal with those dickheads just sucks.

Even worse?  Playing online on X-Box.  The kind of insults, racial slurs and other flaming vulgarity used by 12 year olds in there is staggering.

Bt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version