Author Topic: Can't play game... bought from GOG  (Read 3778 times)

jdeal82

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Can't play game... bought from GOG
« on: July 12, 2014, 09:50:35 PM »
New issue for me. I'm in Act one. Went to play today and for an Adventure Game Studio message.

Says

An error has off cured. Please contact the game author for support as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS

(ACI Version 3.3.0.1160)

in "System.asc" line 1553
fro "globalScript.asc", line 247

Error: FileReadInt: file read back in wrong order

Thoughts?

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Can't play game... bought from GOG
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 09:52:34 PM »
Can you give us a little more specific information as to where and when this happened in the game, and what you were doing right before it occurred?  It'd help narrow down the cause for us.  Sorry you ran into this though--we want to get to the bottom of it for you as soon as we can!
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

jdeal82

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 11:18:09 PM »
Just re-loaded... but had to delete save games also...

Its ok... Running through it again now.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 11:24:27 PM »
Just re-loaded... but had to delete save games also...

Its ok... Running through it again now.

Okay--if you run into that bug again, let me know where and when it happened, and we should be able to figure it out for you.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 12:18:50 AM »
That error was likely due to the file playtime.dat having changed for some reason.  It is a file that keeps track of how long you have been playing.  If the file isnt there, the game creates it.  If it is there, it reads the information about how much time you have played.  If it gets changed by something else, it wont read correctly and can cause the game to break.  A simple solution may have been to delete that file only.  Just a hunch as I dont have acess to the game files right now.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Banewolf

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 03:48:38 AM »
That error was likely due to the file playtime.dat having changed for some reason.  It is a file that keeps track of how long you have been playing.  If the file isnt there, the game creates it.  If it is there, it reads the information about how much time you have played.  If it gets changed by something else, it wont read correctly and can cause the game to break.  A simple solution may have been to delete that file only.  Just a hunch as I dont have acess to the game files right now.

I just had this exact same error happen to me. I was playing as a sorcerer in the mines with the necromancer and suddenly had a power outage. When I got back on Steam and launched the game, I got the error. Deleting playtime.dat fixed it. Thanks!

The file is located in your Quest for Infamy install folder under Steam.