Public Forums > Banter and Chit-Chat!

School For Heroes - By Lori and Corey Cole

(1/6) > >>

Blackthorne:
Lori Ann Cole has posted over at The Quest For More Glory Forums about a new game they're going to be making based on School For Heroes!

They will be raising funds via Kickstarter in late October, according to her note there.

This is really exciting news; there would be no Quest For Infamy without Hero's Quest/Quest For Glory and I'm very excited about this project.  Corey and Lori have been nothing but gracious and kind to us, and as a personal fan, I'm really, really excited to see what they're bringing to the table.

I'm sure this will be one that many of our fans will be following.

Bt

Chadly:
Shit i'm stoked!  A new game by the founders of QFG.  Even if its not a sequel or anything like the org, it sounds cool to me.  However a multiplayer mmo is not my bag.  Damn just make a RPG single player original game if one can not continue the QFG franchise.  I'm just a nobody but the folks at QFI are kicking ass at an original game imo!  Anyway Coles make a great game and the money (my money at least) will be there! :)

Intendant S:
Definitely count me in.  I can't say no to another adventure game, especially one being done by legends.  I'm just glad it's not gonna start 'til October.

rogerxy:
Two amazing game designers as well as really nice persons. They have my support of course, and my money

s_d:
Not that it matters (I'll support the Cole's project for sure, no question about it!) but it's not clear to me exactly what sort of game they intend to make out of School for Heroes...  in particular, I'm not really sure what an online adventure RPG is, precisely.  Lori refers to an interactive community as well... but then again, my interest was more in line with Hero's Quest, and I was hardly involved in SfH the first time around, though (if I recall?) it seemed like some kind of ambitious online interactive fiction hybrid.

Can anyone else chime in here about the SfH from personal experience?  I'd love a quick primer if someone else has the time and inclination!

The way I see it, this is also not about me.  I have a little kid that could learn all sorts of awesome lessons from a proper Cole's School for Heroes.  I found Lori Ann's email to be very compelling from the perspective of a parent of a little girl.  I'm really keen on her learning many of the lasting lessons I did about personal responsibility ("I really should have been nicer to that peasant... look where I am now"), about standing up for principles, and being persistent.  I think that last one stuck with me most of all, from 80's-90's adventure games... we just had to be doggedly persistent to complete some of those damn puzzles!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version