Public Forums > Banter and Chit-Chat!

Use windows 7 forever?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kaldire:

--- Quote from: MusicallyInspired on June 04, 2019, 10:30:05 AM ---You won't be able to activate W7, I know at least that.

--- End quote ---
well this isnt true, you just cant get updates.

u can activate win xp still sooo wherever you got this info its false?

MusicallyInspired:
You can still activate WinXP? I was sure I tried that like ages ago and it didn't work.

Kaldire:
u can always activate any windows os

just no future updates will be made for them,
they will still maintain the database for the updates out already
but no future ones

nameless:
Here is one for the books!
The other night I tried to update to W10pro 64 bit and it failed because v1909 tried to download updates for devices that already had up to date drivers.

Today, I bought W10 home edition and it installed W10Pro 1809

Could that be because I had already tried it directly from MS?

Nowhere Girl:
I'm a huge "technological conservative". I don't enjoy learning new technologies, if something is working for me, I'm not keen at changing it... I still use a Nokia 6210 from the year 2000 and absolutely don't want to use a smartphone - using an old mobile makes me Different! I'm also very used to just the visual aspect of older technologies. I have Windows 7 - installed by choice when it was already becoming obsolete - but the appearance of my taskbar, start menu, that upper part of a window (how is it called?) is still like in Windows 3. You know - gray bars, navy blue for active windows, a small start icon... I just like it best, I can't get used to newer versions.
I also have absolutely no idea, really, how to use new Paint, I use "Paint XP for Windows 7".
So I would absolutely prefer to use Windows 7 indefinitely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version