Author Topic: few starter bugs (disregard if already known)  (Read 4378 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
few starter bugs (disregard if already known)
« on: August 05, 2014, 06:59:03 AM »
1.  Putting spikes in the waterfall tree, then going back to blacksmith to buy new spikes, makes the spike in the tree vanish.

2. Saving the game before looting a body, will net you a new reward each time. much like the old save and open chest games to get better loot. not sure if this is a bug but..
kinda bad :P pointless near end but just noticed it..

3. sometimes after a battle you cant move at all! you can look at objects, even talk to the wizard of the forest or a squirrel but not move,  usually this happens when you start the battle with your sword vs let them come to you

4. Ok first im nuts,  (squirrel joke not intended)  On evening of day 1, I got my fighting skills to hit 100%
blocking is almost 140
hack stab and slash are a bit over 60
and yet about half the time I still miss targets

a.) is this due to some enemies being weak to some attacks, as ive seen no pattern so far other than magic
b.) how is it my % maxed to 100 but I miss, and my other skills are going up randomly and slowly, seems that successful blows earn points faster, no clue what tallies the hit % as even blocking raised it.

5. In the cemetery house, if you walk to the right side of the screen in the broken wall area near the SE wall you can walk through it, and if you keep going it puts you in the chapel room normally entered on the NE side..

these are just a few minor ones in the early game

trying to beef my guy up in case i stumble upon ....the bar muhhahaha

let me know if these issues are known!
dont want a dupe post of stuff from me
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
Re: few starter bugs (disregard if already known)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:06:21 AM »
There are some known bugs with regards to stats and their effect on combat that we have been working on getting right.  Those should be better with the update (and yes, we are still working on it).  :)
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 11:06:12 AM »
I think we've got most of those already.

Regarding not being able to walk around after exiting combat--that's a new one I've not heard before.  Is that something where you either have to restore a game or warp out by map in order to resume normal gameplay?  If you get it to happen again, can you save the game in that moment and post it?  It'd help us figure out the issue.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 03:19:38 PM »
oh heck yea

I can trigger that easy
Ill make a mini vid

and yea if its early in the game, you have to restore the game!!!
no map exists!

and it only happens when you click the sword on the enemy BEFORE they attack you. and not always just most of the time,
ill get a vid posted up of that since a screen wont really show one cant move..

also see my other thread for the game ending bug for the sorc path and prolly anyone else needing human blood if they stab the head right after the execution but dont use the mug on it RIGHT AWAY
the blood dries and it keeps saying need a fresh cut but wont let you, even when you remove the darn brain with a saw.. grrr

ill test that movement issue and post it up!

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 04:17:59 PM »
I think we've got most of those already.

Regarding not being able to walk around after exiting combat--that's a new one I've not heard before.  Is that something where you either have to restore a game or warp out by map in order to resume normal gameplay?  If you get it to happen again, can you save the game in that moment and post it?  It'd help us figure out the issue.

here I made a vid with 3 issues
2 minor  1 big
NOTE: sorry the battle is long just fast forward(I wanted to make sure you saw how the battle started and ended for the full detail on the issue)

<a href="http://youtu.be/dXDCjcq3_mw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/dXDCjcq3_mw</a>

1st bug is just a fireplace that isnt lit, saying its warm, does this no matter what(lit or not)

2nd bug is the cemetery house walking through the SE wall and appearing in the chapel

3rd is the game ending bug, must restore,
this happens if you attack any enemy with your sword before they see you, and you lose the battle, you cant move at all and if you dont have a pill or the map, you must restore

4th is not in the video but its about that damned head not letting you cut it and killing the game for anyone who cut the head but forgot to get the mug and blood thinking you could just cut it again as it says to do.. but you cannot...
plaaayyytesters should have spotted all these justtt sayin :P

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 04:25:09 PM »
Yes, that is very helpful.  Nice catch.  The others have all been reported, and I've now logged the battle issue.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 05:42:19 PM »
rgr that

and do note, that this ONLY occurs when you
1. start the battle with the sword on the enemy
2. when you lose the battle

if you win, it doesnt lock up as it does when you lose so, its more an early game issue

as for the head and blood, imo it would be best to put some null tag or something saying
"you have no reason to stab the head ..yet"
so that the blood doesnt waste..
I tried early on .. restarting again, to get the mug and cut the head and get the blood (just after execution) and it said "you have no need for the blood right now"
aaahh?

soo best stay away from the head, until its needed, still odd..
grr
anyway on a brighter note its only taken me about 2 hours to get where i got in 4-5 last time!
lol
in terms of almost maxing 100 on stats (minus block)
is blocks max 200?  shouldnt it be 100= 100%?
lol