Author Topic: Breaking Bad......thoughts? (MASSIVE SPOILERS INSIDE)  (Read 13436 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking Bad......thoughts? (MASSIVE SPOILERS INSIDE)
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 01:30:20 AM »
Walter went out like a pimp, and the Neo-Nazi basturd Todd got choked to death, and Jesse got to ride off in the sunset back in his millions to adopt that little kid and finally make right in his life.  All's well that ends well, I know those Nazis were fucked the moment they messed with Mr. Heisenberg. 

The ending was.....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bOsdHckhg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bOsdHckhg</a>

BREAKING BAD TO THE BONE!

/-\
---
 8)

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 07:57:48 AM »
Not really sure how you figure Jesse had millions to do anything with....

I was actually disappointed that Walter got to go out on his own terms having made everything "right" in his head.  They did plenty to tie up loose ends, but I don't like that in his own mind he had won.  In time it might grow on me, but my initial impression wasn't great.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 10:51:16 AM »
Saul got all Jesse's money back and somehow dropped the charges.

Him and that little kid are going to move to New Zealand and start over, and Walt Jr. is going to be a multi-millionaire.

All's well that ends well for Mr. Heisenberg!  8)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 11:29:51 AM »

I was actually disappointed that Walter got to go out on his own terms having made everything "right" in his head.  They did plenty to tie up loose ends, but I don't like that in his own mind he had won.  In time it might grow on me, but my initial impression wasn't great.

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2013, 12:21:22 PM »
I'm with the majority of the world thinking it was a perfect ending. In the end,Walt ONLY ever killed bad people. All his victims were evil or Without morals. He became a bad person but for the right reasons. He redeemed himself in the final couple of episodes. I'm very satisfied.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2013, 02:05:38 PM »
Walt only killed bad people, but had he not done what he did, many good people would have lived.  Walt's actions made him responsible for Hank, Jesse's girlfriend (can't remember her name), the other chemist that Jessie killed (his name slips my mind too...long day), all of the people on the airplane, not to mention that Jesse's life would have never gone that far either.  Jane wasn't a "bad person" either.  I HATE that he ended up getting what he wanted in the end.  It makes sense for the show, and they did an amazing job making things work out, but I felt that at the end, they justified what he did, and that to me made the whole show miss the mark I thought they were trying to hit all along.

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2013, 02:49:10 PM »
I don't see what an alternate ending would be, the neo nazis live? Jesse remain in servitude, lydia still pulling the strings? I'm glad Jesse defied Walt in having him kill him, Jesse was the only real good guy (of all the bad guys) - who got mixed up with the wrong crowd.
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2013, 03:39:50 PM »
I totally agree that the way they ended made the most sense for the show, but I don't have to like it! 

To be honest, I don't see any other way they could have ended it either.  Unless they wanted to go the route of "The Wire" and show that even with all the main players out of the game, someone else steps in and it just keeps on going.  I would have been fine with everyone ending up dead (including Jesse) and Walt's family with nothing and Lydia being around to keep things going as she made new contacts...etc.  It just irked me that Walt was able to control things in the end.  To me the message was that the drugs/drug trade ruined lives and things never work out as planned, even when the plan is fool proof.  The ending suggests otherwise.