Author Topic: Defunct Publisher Sierra Reveals New Website  (Read 24131 times)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Defunct Publisher Sierra Reveals New Website
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »
Non-nudes?
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2014, 08:05:36 AM »
Non-nudes?

I was going to go with better angles.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2014, 08:07:00 AM »
I'd go with less angles.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

seth50k

• Lackey
  • Liked: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2014, 08:10:21 AM »
I, for one, welcome our new Kings Kwest Kandy Krush overlords.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2014, 08:12:29 AM »
I didn't say nudes of me.

Bt

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2014, 11:26:04 AM »
bwhahahaha

lol
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Sven_Q45

• Villain
  • Liked: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2014, 04:06:56 PM »
Activision doesn´t do anything with GK 1 Remake. I hope on the other games too. They only look about legal stuff in the games... :)

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2014, 03:49:41 PM »
Activision doesn´t do anything with GK 1 Remake. I hope on the other games too. They only look about legal stuff in the games... :)

Well, they did negotiate the license to Jane. They might not be directly involved with its production, but the latest move indicates that they had plans for the Sierra IP when they awarded that license to Jane's team. I would not be surprised if the Sierra logo ended up being slapped on the box.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2014, 11:18:30 PM »

Well, they did negotiate the license to Jane. They might not be directly involved with its production, but the latest move indicates that they had plans for the Sierra IP when they awarded that license to Jane's team. I would not be surprised if the Sierra logo ended up being slapped on the box.

The GK1 remake project was BEGUN under Activision, wasn't it?  I seem to remember Cesar telling us that POS was given a bunch of resources that had already been created by an internal team, and that they basically continued the project from where Activision's team had left off.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2014, 06:53:54 AM »
Something like that, I vaguely remember a conversation about it where I was told it went through at least 2 attempts within Activision before it was given to POS.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile

Sven_Q45

• Villain
  • Liked: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2014, 02:53:28 PM »
@Collector and Lambonius

As Josh Mandel said to me in a livestream from Doublefine:

Back before the Pinkerton Road and LSL:R Kickstarter projects, there was an effort by someone at Activision (a man I used to work before before he went to Activision) to restart some of the Sierra IPs as mobile games.

yes, but Activision is a tough nut to crack. Even with Jane's resume, getting the GK license took *years and years* of wrangling.

Even on the Pinkerton Road farm (in early 2013) Jane didn´t want to say anything about it. But the little pictures of the sneak preview looked like GK. :)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2014, 04:27:28 PM »
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/08/16/sierra-s-new-king-s-quest-won-t-be-a-point-and-click-adventure.aspx

The new King's Quest is not a point and click adventure.

Bt

Wah wah...

On the plus side, that probably means they're not doing a Telltale-style game either, since that's what people think "point-and-click" is nowadays.

I suspect that statement was made with the explicit strategic intent of causing a bunch of fan uproar and getting people talking though, so it could totally be bullshit, or not really mean what it sounds like.

Oh well.  If nothing else, this should be an amusing slow-motion train wreck to watch.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2014, 06:05:50 PM »
The Developer, The Odd Gentlemen, quickly replying on Twitter to the onslaught!!

https://twitter.com/TheOddGentlemen/with_replies

Bt

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 727
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2014, 08:05:06 PM »
"We are making an adventure game just not one that solely uses the mouse"

Actually, that's exactly what I thought when I've read that "The new King's Quest is not a point and click adventure." - and if you thought that it's going to be a 3D-action game or something like that, then you, sirs, are perverts.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".