Author Topic: Books! Reading is fun!  (Read 8899 times)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Re: Books! Reading is fun!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 09:05:56 AM »
I just read the 29th and final novel in the Riftwar Saga by Raymond Feist. Big big fan, my favorite series and favorite author.

Klytos, I am envious; the last of the Riftwar series I read was "The Serpent Saga"...

It was the extremely well-written "Betrayal At Krondor" Computer RPG that got me interested in Feist's "World of Midkemia" -- only to discover much later that Feist didn't write the game, merely serving in an "executive editor with final say" capacity for the game.  Either way, I was hooked...

( "Return to Krondor" had a great start to the game, but deflated once you left the gates of Krondor for the Midkemia countryside... )

Oh well...  At least I have the remaining 11 of the 29 books left to look forward to in my old age.

Loved the Hitchhiker's Guide books, and picked up the first Dirk Gently book while on a trip in England years ago -- brilliant!  Unfortunately, the follow-up Dirk Gently was only so-so.

Unfortunately, I haven't been doing much reading the last few years, but I did finally read Orwells' "Animal Farm" and "1984" recently -- both contain brilliant insight and many cautionary lessons to be learned.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Books! Reading is fun!
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 09:39:20 PM »
I think Serpentwar was the best "series" of all the series within Riftwar. I think his character development was awesome especially of Erik and Calis. A couple of the later ones are a bit repetitive but I love them all. I also got into the Fiest stuff through BAK although my dad was already a fan so when he realised I loved it he gave me Magician to read which I think is up there with Tolkien for it's strength of story and writing. Been hooked ever since.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."