Author Topic: Rogue - skills bug  (Read 2541 times)

basincity

Rogue - skills bug
« on: July 24, 2014, 07:31:53 AM »
I am currently in Act 1 with the Rogue.  While attempting the robbery at the Mayor's mansion I discovered that my skills Stealth and Climbing seem to be frozen and cannot be trained any higher.  Wandering all around in all areas with stealth on my skill does not increase beyond 65.  Climbing is stuck at 38.  Either failing or succeeding to climb any number of things fails to increase the skill (including vines at mayor's, gate at volksville, various trees, rocks at aqueduct, and others).  Many of the places where it seems I need a higher climbing skill (mayor's house, aqueduct) using the climbing kit also does not work.

Please help, this is a game ruining bug.

Side note: I was eventually able to improve stealth, but _only_ by exploiting another bug (involving the bracers of stealth)

ravidel

Re: Rogue - skills bug
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 09:42:33 PM »
I have a sort of similar bug -- my climbing skill seems to be frozen. I increased my sneaking and thieving a lot by wandering around while sneaking and trying to lockpick the mausoleum several times, but now, no matter how many times I try to climb either the tree outside of Volksville, try to climb the wall at Tyr, or try to climb the tree (successfully) just south of the Killington ruins, my climbing score doesn't increase. It seems to be frozen somehow. I stole a climbing kit from the general store, but it doesn't seem to work -- when I try and use it at Tyr or the Mayor's mansion, it doesn't help me climb. Perhaps this is the root of the issue?

ravidel

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 10:10:57 PM »
Hmm - I found a potential fix. While sneaking had stopped increasing my skills and my climbing ones wouldn't increase either, I went to the thieves guild and practiced on the dummy, which allowed me to increase thieving. Now, skills increase properly again, though they don't show the red banner any more. Maybe this will also work for you basincity?

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 10:18:46 PM »
I might be talking out of my ass, as I'm not one of our programmers, but this issue may have to do with another bug related to the skill notification banner code--which I believe we've fixed at this point, so it should be solid in the next update.  For now, I'll make a note of this.  :)  Thanks for the heads up, guys!
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.