Author Topic: Gold Rush! Classic  (Read 4022 times)

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
Gold Rush! Classic
« on: July 17, 2014, 04:15:37 PM »
Some of you may know that I have been working with Sunlight Games to bring the original Gold Rush! to modern PCs. This work is now done and the game will be released shortly. It will be available as a digital download from Sunlight's store and Steam. There will also be a boxed copy that will be shipped worldwide.

Sunlight Games: Gold Rush! Classic release soon for PC
Cologne, July 03, 2014 – The independent game developer Sunlight Games will re-release Gold Rush! Classic for PC. The re-release will be online at 25. July. There will be also a box-version in the Sunlight webshop at 29. August. Fans will get not only the old Adventure, but also the original map, the original manual and unpublished original concept drawings of the developer from the 80s.

The remake version of Gold Rush! will be released in the fourth quarter of 2014. In addition, a release for other platforms such as Mac and mobile devices is planned.

Detailed information about the game under http://www.goldrush-game.com

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Gold Rush! Classic
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 11:23:52 PM »
Nice, I look forward to it. I love Gold Rush. So with the classic version, is it just the DOS game wrapped with Dosbox or similar or has it been re-written from the ground up in a modern engine? Always curious about how people do these things, probably my time working on remakes!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Collector

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 01:38:27 AM »
It uses DOSBox. I have included a utility to make it easy to change some of the settings from default, but otherwise the game seems like a native Windows app that starts from a shortcut or from "Gold Rush!.exe".  The sound is set to use Tandy sound, so instead of PC speaker, it has the PCjr/Tandy three voice music plus noise channel for sound effects. Also worth noting, this is version 3, which has no annoying manual check copy protection. There are illegal "abandonware" copies floating around on the net that have been crack in a way that makes it impossible to progress much beyond the very beginning. For this version, the MacNeill brothers removed the copy protection all together.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 08:05:39 AM »
So does it still have the Sierra logo on it then? In-game that is?
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Collector

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 12:31:11 PM »
No, it is version 3, which is the MacNeill's Software Farm, not Sierra.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 10:24:41 PM »
Nice.

Collector

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 11:07:17 PM »
Versions two and three

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 01:54:37 AM »
blush
i got a collectors box coming from a friend in germany on that game

comes with the original re release and their CE usa box limited 350

whoop

one scene is from my town sacramento, most shoulda been there, there was gold in them there hills
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"