Author Topic: Upcoming Kickstarter for Art & Hint Book  (Read 10571 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Upcoming Kickstarter for Art & Hint Book
« on: September 10, 2013, 09:26:33 PM »
Hey there - 

I wanted to share this with you, The Lonarian Guard, our special backers.  We're going to launch a Kickstarter Campaign to fund an Art & Hint book for Quest For Infamy.  Featuring not only full color reproductions of the in game art, but it will also have a classic "red reveal" hint section, as well as full color maps, item lists, secrets, etc.

This campaign is not live yet - but I have the preview here to offer you.  This is not not finished - we may add, change, delete things, but I wanted to give you a sneak preview.  I realize not everyone is into this kind of item - but our artists have worked so hard, and I'd love to be able to produce a collectible keepsake like this.

In addition, all the backers from QFI (including all of you) will be included in a special thanks section in the book too.

You can preview the campaign by clicking here.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
Re: Upcoming Kickstarter for Art & Hint Book
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 11:10:47 PM »
The art looks like crap!  Nah, I'm kidding.  You know I'm jumping in for a hardcover copy.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 12:16:07 PM »
Oh yeah--count me in.  This is looking fantastic.  I'm a person who wants all the maps & hints when I play an adventure game, so I would jump on this for that reason alone.  But all the other bonus sections you guys described makes me really excited.  It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, and I would really hate to see all you guys' hard work not be rewarded.

So you have my support, for certain.  If nothing else, I'll do it for Hobbs.   ;)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 12:51:10 PM »
As I said before, whatever you good peoples come up with is fine by me.

My only request: since the Estimated Delivery date for the hint/art book looks to be Mar 2014, could you PLEASE PLEASE postpone the release of the completed game at least until then?

If QFI is released months beforehand, I really don't want to be forced into looking up TXT walkthroughs or resort to watching someone's YouTube "Let's Play: QFI" for hints and help...   :(

I'm fairly certain everyone here will agree with me on this.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 01:01:15 PM »
I only put March 2014 as a release date to give a safe amount of time for the release. It could be done much sooner than that, but at latest, I estimated that.  I wanted to err on the side of caution.  QFI wouldn't be coming out that late.  If that's confusing, I can change the date.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 01:11:36 PM »
Oh yeah--count me in.  This is looking fantastic.  I'm a person who wants all the maps & hints when I play an adventure game, so I would jump on this for that reason alone.  But all the other bonus sections you guys described makes me really excited.  It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, and I would really hate to see all you guys' hard work not be rewarded.

I love hint books/strategy guides.  You wouldn't believe how many I have just for RPGs so I catch all of the side quests and make sure I explore every nook and cranny.   ;D
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 01:51:41 PM »
I only put March 2014 as a release date to give a safe amount of time for the release. It could be done much sooner than that, but at latest, I estimated that.  I wanted to err on the side of caution.  QFI wouldn't be coming out that late.  If that's confusing, I can change the date.

Bt

Nah, BT.  I realize that it was in all likelihood a placeholder date, and was only kidding...

I was looking to generate  a groundswell of opposition: "Don't wait until the hint/art book is released ! We want QFI NOW !"

...you know, stir the pot & toss a grenade, then run off and watch with glee from the bushes...

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 02:28:39 PM »
Hahaha, well - believe me, both are getting here fast - I would like to start on the book soon so we CAN have it for when the game is released, or really soon after.

Bt

Veritas1325

• The Master of Awesome
  • Recruit
  • Liked: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 10:43:08 PM »
I'm definitely in at the hard cover level, at minimum. Make it so, so I can spend more money I don't have.

janx

• Recruit
  • Liked: 27
  • Legends Never Sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 01:28:17 AM »
I have been AWOL lately. So...is this still going to be a thing?
"Oh don't give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit.
No, don't you give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit.
For my head will fly, my tongue will lie, my eyes will fry and I may die.
Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit"

galbyman

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 11:06:51 AM »
It is coming out on KS in about a week!  ;D

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 11:17:50 AM »
Yes - we wanted to be closer to the release date of the game, so we could make sure we sent out all the swag, including the QFI Companion, at the same time.... and that time is now!

Bt

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 12:40:53 PM »
Yes - we wanted to be closer to the release date of the game, so we could make sure we sent out all the swag, including the QFI Companion, at the same time.... and that time is now!

'Bout time!   >:(

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 01:10:39 PM »

You're telling me!!!

Bt

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »

You're telling me!!!

I haven't been able to finish the game without it...   :(